Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 15 : July 11 - July 17

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or desks) to work with for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!      The only rules we have are the Tarot Tea & Me rules; be respectful to each other.    

You can drop in and out time and real life permitting.   New to tarot?  Long time reader?   Come on in.  

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. VGimlet -Oddhand Tarot Deck

2. Sace - Morgan Greer (? or TBD)

3. Mi-Shell - Runic Tarot

4. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Illuminated Earth Oracle

5. Bodhiseed - Shadowscapes Tarot paired with Cedar Runes

6. Amberjune - Japaridze Tarot and the Chakra Wisdom Oracle Cards

7. Flaxen - Dame Fortune’s Wheel

8. Madame Squee - Stella's Tarot. 

(467)

Edited by VGimlet

July is flying past.  

Switching over to the Oddhand tarot deck this week.   Change is good, right?  

I think I'll be using a different deck this week as well...I'm just not sure yet. Morgan Greer is a heavy favorite right now. 

♥ Vgimlet ♥

I will use my Runic Tarot this week 🙂

Runic.jpg.9bf252136e68a2a97aa562cb630cf44a.jpg

I shuffled - and my first card drawn is the Feoh card, the first card of this Tarot! 🙂

download.jpg.a0d4b8e0129fe76f6be14e3cfc61e8b0.jpg

Edited by Mi-Shell
pictures!!!

4 hours ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

Illuminated Earth Oracle for me, thanks VG

That one is a beauty.

I'm in with the Shadowscapes Tarot paired with Cedar Runes. Thanks for keeping us rolling, VG. 💚

This week I'm in with the wonderful Japaridze Tarot by Nino Japaridze and the Chakra Wisdom Oracle Cards by Tori Harman, illustrated by Gretchen Raisch-Baskin.

4 hours ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

Illuminated Earth Oracle for me, thanks VG

Love the art! The creator, Claire Mack, has a kickstarter for a new deck right now, in case anyone is interested 🙂

This week I'll be using the Shadowscapes book and deck set published by Llewellyn. The artwork is done by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law and the book is written by Barbara Moore. I'll also be drawing from a set of Cedar Runes; The Serpent and the Eagle by Chris Travers will serve as an accompanying text. Today's draws are the Five of Swords and Othila:

5sw.jpgothila_0002.jpg

I often think of the aggressive fellow in the Five of Swords as a rebel without a cause - someone who fights with no clear end goal to achieve other than to win. Moore describes his actions as "steeped in the battles of self-interest and power." Basically, he engages with others to build and stoke his ego: "Look at me, I'm right, I'm smarter, and I'm stronger." Meanwhile, everyone else sees only a narcissistic asshat. Othila is often translated as 'ancestral estate,' but Travers suggests it alludes to an ancestral responsibility, such as a king who passes the scepter to his son to serve the kingdom or a philanthropist whose children take over his foundations created to care for the welfare of others who aren't as fortunate. What's the difference between the asshat and the king/philanthropist? The first judges himself as separate and better than others. The king and philanthropist consider themselves honored and blessed to be in their position, and they feel they should be generous to others because they are a part of the family of humanity. 

Home isn't where you're from, it's where you find light when all grows dark.

― Pierce Brown

AJ-ish/Sharyn
20 hours ago, Amberjune said:

Love the art! The creator, Claire Mack, has a kickstarter for a new deck right now, in case anyone is interested 🙂

thank you for pointing that out. In truth it looks just like the deck I have so will save my $$. 

On 7/11/2020 at 10:19 AM, Amberjune said:

This week I'm in with the wonderful Japaridze Tarot by Nino Japaridze and the Chakra Wisdom Oracle Cards by Tori Harman, illustrated by Gretchen Raisch-Baskin.

I love the Japaridze, one of my favorite "newer" decks.  

1 minute ago, VGimlet said:

I love the Japaridze, one of my favorite "newer" decks.  

I love this one too. Such lovely artwork.

I’ll be using Dame Fortune’s Wheel this week. It’s been a while since I last used it and I’ll have to get my head round the non-RWS meanings again but it will be a good challenge. 

@Bodhiseed! ♥ 

The 5 of Swords that you are describing to me sounds very much like a certain person that's lately in the news a lot - for all the wrong reasons.......

Madame Squee
On 7/12/2020 at 11:30 AM, Flaxen said:

I love this one too. Such lovely artwork.

I’ll be using Dame Fortune’s Wheel this week. It’s been a while since I last used it and I’ll have to get my head round the non-RWS meanings again but it will be a good challenge. 

Have fun! I think it's a relief to get away from RWS meanings, like kicking your shoes off.💃

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.