Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 158 : July 18 - July 24

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or desks) to work with for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!      The only rules we have are the Tarot Tea & Me rules; be respectful to each other.    

You can drop in and out time and real life permitting.   New to tarot?  Long time reader?   Come on in.  

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. VGimlet -Dark Wood Tarot

2. Sace - Morgan Greer then RWS on the New Moon

3. Flaxen - Dame Fortune’s Wheel then the Painted Tarot on the New Moon

4. Mi-Shell - Runic Tarot, but on New moon will do my Miahanit reading with the Ironwing

5. Amberjune - New Moon week Llewellyn Tarot and the Tao Oracle

6. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Kris Waldherr's Lover's Path Tarot

7. Bodhiseed - Songs for the Journey Home, and the Raven Cards

(468)

Edited by VGimlet

On Saturday I'll be moving to the Dark Wood Tarot, and finding out my new work schedule for phase 2-3.   It's a mystery, LOL.  

Posting this super-early, because I'm in-library today, and might forget when i get home at 8:30 pm.....

Edited by VGimlet

Thank you so much for doing this every week @VGimlet! I think I'll still be using the Morgan Greer. 

Amendig to say I will be changing to the RWS deck at the new moon. 

Edited by Sace

I’ve got a few more days of Dame Fortune’s Wheel until the new moon. Then I’ll be switching to the Painted Tarot. 

1 minute ago, Mi-Shell said:

I will stay with the Runic Tarot, but on New moon will do my Miahanit reading with the Ironwing

I love the Ironwing so much. I never managed to get a full set before they sold out (Majors only)but someone from AT got permission from the artist to make a few decks (not for profit) and I managed to get one of those. The blacksmithing details are so interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Flaxen said:

I love the Ironwing so much. I never managed to get a full set before they sold out (Majors only)but someone from AT got permission from the artist to make a few decks (not for profit) and I managed to get one of those. The blacksmithing details are so interesting. 

Oh, Great! for me the attraction was, that we do similar work with fire and metal. Lorema works with Iron, but also copper and brass - she is welding, we use Sterling Silver, copper and brass and like her gemstones and natural materials like Mammoth ivory, bone, antler and wood.

Smithing and creating weapons is a powerful shamanic transformation - in the eyes of my Siberian ancestors and in our family traditions. My  sister Mausi was a gold smith.

@VGimlet, thank you for the new thread. And wishing you a calm settling into phase 2-3.

@Flaxen I also always switch my decks with the moon phase.

My decks for the new moon week are the Llewellyn Tarot and another perennial favorite: the Tao Oracle.

AJ-ish/Sharyn
On 7/17/2020 at 9:12 AM, Flaxen said:

he didn't have the artists permission, I've talked to her personally. At some point she was working on an oracle, but never finished it. edited to add it is now available on her website. $100.00. Yikes! she does offer the Ironwing companion book on her website http://www.mineralarts.com/artwork/IronwingTarotBook.pdf

Working with Kris Waldherr's Lover's Path Tarot, haven't used it since 2017. So many decks so little time 🙂

thanks VG

Edited by AJ-ish/Sharyn

2 hours ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

he didn't have the artists permission, I've talked to her personally.

Really?! It was years ago but I’m sure we were shown emails giving permission. It was all via pm at AT and obviously no way to go back and look. I wouldn’t have ordered if I didn’t think it permission had been given. Terrible if there was deceit involved. :classic_sad: That’s really low if they were faked. 

AJ-ish/Sharyn

he didn't do it with devious intent. I was offered one too, and leapt on it, amazed to be included. It was only later, when I listed it as part of lot on Ebay and was questioned about it I contacted Lorna. With her ok, more a she washed her hands of the whole mess, I listed it singly with a note that the sale would go to her. I mailed her a check for 200 something. 

I was never smart enough to read with it 😉 try as I would. That's why I let it go. Now I am older and wiser and wouldn't be sucked into a knockoff. Don't worry about it. 

This week I'll be using Songs for the Journey Home, a deck and book set created and self-published by Catherine Cook and Dwariko von Sommaruga. I'll also be using the Raven Cards, an oracle created by Gabi Bucker and published by AG Muller. Today's draws are the Seven of Flames (Wands) and 'Wellspring:'

7wands.jpg

wellspring_0002.jpg

Right this very instant, when you’re

Under the spell of mistaken perception

You’ve got to watch out.

~Patrul Rinpoche

This fellow cuts the strings that have pulled his mind and emotions to and fro. While it would be easy to assume other people and circumstances are the causes of our defensive posture, often it is simply the committee in our head. We've all been shaped and conditioned through our experiences, resulting in a mental steering committee that is constantly telling us what is good or bad and what we should or should not be doing. But is this a skewed perception of reality? The Wellspring card suggests there is a place in our mind that doesn't cling to preferences and prejudices but opens to possibilities instead. We find this spaciousness when we relax and let things be, allowing our mind to observe instead of judge. This unconditioned mind enjoys equanimity, without any strings to jerk it around.

@Bodhiseed!

This week you are using 2 of my favourites!I do have 2 decks of the Songs for the journey home. The regular size and a small one, that lives in our motor home and travels with me. I often use it to give readings at campgrounds with it. Then the Raven cards! these ones I like for the time around Samhain. Then a couple of years ago I got a second deck from my Sister in law - in German! one day, that one needs to find a good home.

@Mi-Shell, I was lucky to find someone willing to sell their large SJH deck, for which I am tremendously grateful. These are two of my favorites as well!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.