bookshop

Benebell Wen's Spirit Keeper's Tarot

bookshop

Hi, guys!

Currently the only "official" edition of this deck you can still purchase is Jamie Sawyer's tiled edition of the Vitruvian on Etsy. It's saying there are now only 2 copies left, so I figured I'd post a heads up for anyone who wants one! https://www.etsy.com/listing/787224935/spirit-keepers-tarot-tiles-vitruvian

I have to say, I've seriously regretted not getting this last year when it was still in print. The moment it sold out last fall, you couldn't find a deck anywhere for less than $500 and that hasn't really changed. There's currently a Vitruvian listed around $1200 on ebay. I keep thinking surely no one will keep paying such high prices for such a recent deck, but I keep being proven wrong. 

Those of you who have this deck, can I ask how you like it and how useful you find it? It's obviously beautiful, and worth coveting just for the art, I think — but it's such a dense esoteric deck that I'm really curious about how beneficial and easy to use it really is.

Rupicapra

Benebell is working on a coloured edition to be released next year I think? 

I've not worked with the deck enough to give your an opinion on benefits and ease of use I'm afraid. 

Raggydoll

I’m thinking that @Flaxen might be able to chime in here. She has used this deck a lot. 

Flaxen
5 hours ago, bookshop said:

Those of you who have this deck, can I ask how you like it and how useful you find it? It's obviously beautiful, and worth coveting just for the art, I think — but it's such a dense esoteric deck that I'm really curious about how beneficial and easy to use it really is.

It is a deck full of esoteric philosophy and symbolism, you’re right. The book that comes with it is very detailed and from a spiritual perspective. There are also a couple of ebooks which look more closely at how to interpret it more practically in a reading. 

Personally, I like the esoteric aspect and use it a lot for spiritual/self-development readings. However, there is no reason why you can’t read with it for more mundane issues too. 

The best guide for whether you’ll click with it is to read Benebell’s blog posts about it and watch the YouTube videos she made. It will give you an indication of whether the philosophy which underpins the deck resonates with you. 

reall

she also offers free major Arcana you can download & print for yourself to color as you wish!:)

https://benebellwen.com/spirit-keepers-tarot/free-major-arcana-download/

& Guidebook for the Major Arcana of the Spirit Keepers Tarot (2018) https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mam4zy21tp2ptf/Guidebook for the Major Arcana of the Spirit Keepers Tarot (2018).pdf?dl=0

you can download & see how it work for you before purchasing full deck!:)

Rupicapra

and if you can wait, she's going to release a coloured version, is it next year?