Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 162 : August 15 - August 22

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or decks) to work with for the week.

All are welcome. Please join us!      The only rules we have are the Tarot Tea & Me rules; be respectful to each other.    

You can drop in and out,  time and real life permitting.   New to tarot?  Long time reader?   Come on in.  

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1.  VGimlet - Otherworld Tarot & ETA Oracle

2. vulprix - Crystal Tarot & Druid Animal Oracle

3. Mi-Shell - Songs for the Journey Home & mini Greenwood Tarot

4. Amberjune - Oracle of Echoes and the Hilda Tarot

5. Bohiseed - Tarocchi Celtici & Art of Asia Oracle

6. CocoGee - gypsy tarot deck

7. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Pathwalker's Patchwork Deck #25

8. CharlotteK - Tarot of Enchanted Dreams

9. Flaxen - The Painted Tarot

10. QueenOfSpades - Vivid Journey Tarot

(472)

Edited by VGimlet

I'll be adding ETA Oracle to my Otherword deck this week.    

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer, as it's flying by fast this year. 

I will be reading with the Crystal Tarot (with art by Elisabetta Trevisan) and pulling oracle cards from the Druid Animal Oracle.

We will be off grid and on the road for the next 2 weeks.

I have packed my small Songs for the Journey Home deck and my mini Greenwood Tarot.

Not too sure if I want to give too many readings, while travelling - although there is largely no C-19 in Northern Ontario......

This week I will be using the Oracle of Echoes and the Hilda Tarot.

I have the ETA Oracle, too @VGimlet. But it hasn't come up yet with my random number generator. I will get to it within the next couple of years though, lol!

happy reading everyone!

Welcome vulprix!  

Happy and safe travels Mi-Shell!    

I think the Otherworld WAS on my more later list, even though I'm not particularly inspired.   SO interesting how my tastes have changed over the years.   I may have to go back and use all my decks for a month someday.   that would be....lets see, just for fun....58 years, so um, probably not going to happen unless they come up with a fountain of youth.  Is it strange that I currently have exactly my age worth of decks?  "Coincidence?  I think not!"   (No, it really is.)  

I have been waiting to use the ETA oracle and the Pharos tarot until I was back to my deck of the month.  

Edited by VGimlet

Welcome to the DoW group Vulprix! 

Hope your on-the-road experience is both rewarding and safe, Mi-shell. 

I'm in this week with the Tarocchi Celtici paired with the Art of Asia Oracle. Thanks for keeping us rolling, VG.

On 8/14/2020 at 12:30 AM, VGimlet said:

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or desks) to work with for the week.

All are welcome. Please join us!      The only rules we have are the Tarot Tea & Me rules; be respectful to each other.    

You can drop in and out time and real life permitting.   New to tarot?  Long time reader?   Come on in.  

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1.  VGimlet - Otherworld Tarot & ETA Oracle

2. vulprix - Crystal Tarot & Druid Animal Oracle

3. Mi-Shell - Songs for the Journey Home & mini Greenwood Tarot

4. Amberjune - Oracle of Echoes and the Hilda Tarot

(472)

Hi there

i don’t know if this has been covered but my deck is the gypsy tarot deck. It has given me a totally different insight into the traditional meaning of the RW tarot and makes much more sense in some of the readings and with certain Cards 💓

20 hours ago, VGimlet said:

Welcome vulprix!  

5 hours ago, Bodhiseed said:

Welcome to the DoW group Vulprix!

Thank you so much, VGimlet and Bodhiseed!  I am excited to be here!

I chose to work with the Crystal Tarot because it is trimmed and comfortable for my hands... but I have seldom used it!  The bold artwork is calling to me as well!

...I had to add the Druid Animal Oracle cards because I tend to feel lost and sad if a deck doesn't have a preponderance of animals.  So I have to make up for the Crystal Tarot's lack in that regard :)  Received the oracle as a gift from a friend some time ago, and have maybe used it once.  It is time!

Happy trails, Mi-Shell :)  And happy Next Week's Eve, everyone.

Welcome to the DoW group, CocoGee!

Wanted to give @Mi-Shell a shout-out; I would never know what the artifacts were that are illustrated on many of the Tarocchi Celtici cards if it weren't for her excellent research that she posted on the old threads at Aeclectic!

This week I'll be using the Tarocchi Celtici, created by Laura Tuan and published by De Vecchi Italia. Paired with it will be the Art of Asia, an oracle I created for my personal use. Today's draws are the Eight of Water (Cups) and "Old Buddhist Monk" by Kim Hong-do:

eight%2Bof%2Bcups.jpgAsian30.jpg

The forest seems to be on fire, which would necessitate evacuation for beings that can move. Likewise, the Eight of Cups represents leaving a situation that is emotionally unbalanced or unhealthy. Tuan has added two illustrations of votive artifacts: a gold boat found in N. Ireland that was likely offered to the Celtic sea god Manannán mac Lir and the other a wooden statue found at the springs of the Seine that was probably an offering to the Celtic goddess Sequanna. The god was said to have a self-directed boat, and the springs of Sequanna were known as a place of healing. The oak and ogham (duir) associated with this card are symbolic of stability and strength; along with healing and direction, they are often what an emotionally battered seeker hopes to find.  The painting of the monk is paired with a quote from Thich Nhat Hanh: "Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky." When the emotional fire no longer has any fuel, it will burn itself out. 

59 minutes ago, Bodhiseed said:

Art of Asia, an oracle I created for my personal use.

I love the card pulled from this oracle deck, Bodhiseed! It looks amazing! Cool that your reading was so cohesive also.

My first reading of the week is asking, “How will raising my new plant go?” I am typically no adept at raising plants but wanted to try and help a suitable indoor plant through life 🙂 Got a ZZ.

The reading really surprised me! I did not think the Crystal Tarot would deliver any particularly relevant imagery, but I was so wrong. Three of Discs and Page of Cups—both so verdant in this deck. It looks as though growth and discernment will flower! I’m feeling good about raising my ZZ!

And interestingly, the Crane card from the Druid Animal Oracle bodes just as well. Key phrase from the guidebook: “In its widest sense, learning [the language of Secret Knowledge] involves learning to read the ‘Book of Nature.’”

973D0825-1DC0-4507-AAF8-05B680DFD8DE.jpeg

Thank you, @Bodhiseed!  I did not know about this program, but very quickly found my local chapter in my US state!

Of course, registration is closed at the moment.  Pfft.  But I suppose that will give me time to focus on my baby ZZ 😊

For the future!  For sure!

AJ-ish/Sharyn

welcome to the thread and forum vulprix and cocogee!

I'm using Pathwalker's Patchwork Deck #25 this week, thank you VG. You mean 56 X 12 decks, right? 

I am in quarantine for 2 weeks as of today (thanks Boris), so I have given myself a boot up the bum to spend some time this week with a newish deck I am unsure about whether I like or not - Tarot of Enchanted Dreams.

AJ-ish/Sharyn

good use of time Charlotte 🙂 I was reading this morning some of the transports between France and the UK had like 12000 people trying to book ahead of the quarantine vs about 300 a day. 

Wondering if any of us have used the collaborative deck by this forum, the We Are One? I keep seeing the ad on the sidebar but I haven't purchased it. 

4 hours ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

welcome to the thread and forum vulprix and cocogee!

I'm using Pathwalker's Patchwork Deck #25 this week, thank you VG. You mean 56 X 12 decks, right? 

It made much more sense in my head, lol.  :icon_rolleyes:   It should be, if I read with every deck I own for a month (well, kind of) I'd be double the age I am now. 

I've thought about ordering the We Are One, but haven't done it yet.   I kind of like being caught up on decks ATM.   

Edited by VGimlet

QueenOfSpades

I really  like the vibrant colors, the art style and card stock of this deck.

So I shuffled the deck and got the Nine of Pentacles.

A woman with long flowing hair and surrounded by pentacles, is staring at a bird sitting on her arm. The book says it's a falcon. It takes a strong, smart and patient person to tame a wild animal and this woman signifies that. It also takes a strong, smart, and patient person to grow the wealth that she has. The card just seems to have characteristics of what a successful person has. One doesn't need money or power over others to be successful but in any endeavor, you  need an amount of strength, smarts and patience. The clear sky reminds of the saying "the sky is the limit". 

IMG_20200820_131622.thumb.jpg.c22ff9ebd8a46ea6ddf98dc5211053a2.jpg

AJ-ish/Sharyn

a first for me in a whole lots of years of deck use...I have a grocery sack hanging off the desk and reach in and just toss the cards around then pull 🙂

In this physical patchwork deck there are every shape and size from mini to monster, just not shuffleable. It is Thursday and I am still coming in sitting down and reaching for my deck in the holder where each deck of the week for 13 years has resided. Odd that in all these years I've never had a deck I couldn't shuffle! A first for everything.  Some old friends and some from decks I've never even heard of before. I have a soothing one planned for next week 🙂 

ETA oracle is okay, but not a fan of keywords because if I actually read them I feel like I get too focused in to that meaning, which is not my favorite thing.  

I have had a rather helpful reading with my deck pair of the week yet again!

This time I tried a spread called “The Arrow,” which helps with direction. I wanted to better understand how I could quit judging my frenemy J, and if my efforts to try and be more understanding toward him would actually be worth it.

surprisingly, the Swords = Water and the Cups = Air associations this deck is famous for really came into play in this reading. There are also more court cards than pips in the reading—no majors. So intriguing!

basically the spread told me to get over myself, to use my intellect and my gifts to share more of myself with my friend. Not be so quick to cut by emotional instinct. Very easy-to-understand.

The Druid Animal Oracle card, the Sow, points to generosity and discovery as fostering nourishment and connection. Moreover, the card carries a warning of wisdom and not just “beauty.” I really liked reading abut the sow as being completely omnivorous, and in being so, cultivating sharp discernment.

8317BD39-1222-46A1-811E-E47104BD62BA.jpeg

Edited by vulprix

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.