78 Week Study 2020-2022 - Instructions

Gardener

Who needs PEPPING!?
I'm a little behind too... I needed to get the freedom out of my system as our restrictions have been lifting over the last couple weeks. This was me... 🤣
Happy Nic Cage GIF by IFC

Big plans to get back on track this week. BIG PLANS. 
In the next couple days I'm visiting THE EMPEROR, and then jumping on the FOUR OF WANDS a day or so after that at the latest.
So by Friday I plan to be up to date. Gaaaah! Now that I've written it down, it must happen. 

Lady Butterfly

I am afraid I have decided to drop out of the study. I have been swamped with real life drama which has left me unable to focus on my studies for weeks now. I don't see it improving in the next few weeks, and I am starting to feel like I am way too far behind now to reasonably catch up at this point.

Thank you to you all for what we did share, I will peep in on you guys from time to time and say Hi.

Sad Hotel Transylvania GIF

Hello Grace and Flaxen and Katrinka - I agree, it's time to get back into the swing!

I want to ask for opinions - do we want to reset the schedule, or do our best to get caught up?  

I am willing to stick to the schedule, and just try to get caught up, but I open to whatever the group wants to do.  I know we all enjoy it most when we are posting at close to the same time, and we can get a conversation going.

Speaking of conversation, don't forget that we are having our second Zoom call Saturday November 21 - that's this weekend!  I'm looking forward to seeing Grace and surreal again, and meeting some new people.  Cheers!

Edited by Gardener

I vote we stick to the schedule. It's not like we're being punished for falling behind. Sometimes we'll be ahead, sometimes behind, but there's ONE schedule. Changing it could cause confusion.

Yeah guys! Whatever you decide you're right!

I'm just the guy who comes and heartily applauses to motivate the troops!! 🙂

Applause.gif

Edited by Decan

Exciting!!! I can't wait to meet some more of you on Saturday! 

And many thanks to @Decan for the encouragement. Feel free to stop by whenever you like to offer praise and compliments! We'll take it heartily. 🤣

Hi lovely Cookies,

just saying I'm still here! My studies have taken over a bit, and so have the dark winter evenings, leaving me a bit flat and worn out and busy, but I'll be back soon!

thanks @Gardener especially for the pep-talk-message!

Yes, thanks to @Gardener from me,too. 😍

I'm sorry I have not been around for a while. I think my main problem has been the deck. I have been using the Mermaid Tarot all this year so I thought it would be a good choice. But little did I know. The earth froze up here in the north and the first snow fell, and the Mermaids just vanished. 😉 They'll be back, come spring, but this is the the time for other decks for me. I've been using the Halloween Tarot (Kipling West) like I always do this time of the year and I have also taken the good old Arcus Arcanum from its pouch again.

As for a study deck.. I just don't know atm. I guess I'll just have to wait and see where my tarot energy wants to go next.🤔 But I'll let you know. Meanwhile, I'll be around reading your threads with great interest

Hello all! It is the end of November and I just found this site and this topic today! I am very excited to get started with this journey. I have been interested in tarot for a long time but it has only been since this year that I have started to really work with the cards. I love the proposed layout for each card and I am enjoying reading through everyones interpretations so far. Thank you for creating this study circle!

Hello @ChudoTasha, welcome to the Forum!  I hope you will find many lovely conversations to participate in.  Just in case you are curious, the 78 week study is actually two studies.  The first one ran in 2018, and you will see many posts in the Major Arcana card threads from that earlier study.  The new study started just a couple months ago, and we agreed to go through the cards in a wacky order created by @Grace to tickle the fancy of us spiral learners.  So we are actually somewhere between the Empress and the Emperor in the fours.  However, for some reason pretty much all of us, without planning it, have found ourselves taking a wee break.  We're hoping to get going again over the holidays.

Hey everyone - we can all talk about the card that caused us to short out.  For me it was the Three of Wands - the card depicts a woman giving birth and I just haven't been able to bring myself to write about her.  I want to put a big post-it note over this card and move on!  Maybe I will just pull out the Three of Cups this weekend and see if I can get a new head of steam as we move into the fours.  Anybody else come upon a card that stopped you in your tracks?

Oh yes! For me the card was the Empress (Mermaid Tarot). It is my least favourite card of that whole deck. She just looks so artificial and plastic. More like some shallow pop-star covered in glitter instead of the Great Goddess I need to see in that throne. There's just nothing I want to say about her really.. (-except what I just said..hehe)

I'm still way behind, I'm skipping for now the last what, 4 cards I think, and go with the 4 of Cups that is in the schedule for this week. I'm leaving out card descriptions, the images in the Morgan Greer are not so detailed that I need to list the contents, even with a smaller picture it is still ok to see I think. I'll try and catch up with the missed weeks at some point.

There wasn't really any one card the threw me of the track (fair enough I don't like the Emperor, but I don't think he would have stopped me), I just had less time than I thought and then got out of my swing. 

hopefully by posting the first 4 of Cups I'll motivate the other Tough Cookies a little 🙂 

edited for mixing up things.

Edited by Rupicapra

Hi all! I'm still here! 🤣 @Gardener it's good to see your posts, I'm going to finish mine up and post them also - it has been crazy busy but I'll get to it I promise! In terms of the card that stopped me in my tracks... not so much any card in particular, just a perfect storm of good weather, easing restrictions (we can see humans!!!), and my busy period with work = no time for tarot. Very sad state if affairs.

I have some serious catching up to do. Work has consumed me lately.

Edited by Contrascarpe
Revised text

Just want to note here - I'm out. 
This is not due to any offense or butthurt. I just feel like I'm on a completely different frequency and nothing is resonating in a group setting.
I've been continuing my studies of the deck on my own. It's a wonderful deck.

And I'm still working on the card essences. I do, however, feel like this is not the place to do that.

I shave the cards down for study purposes. Others fluff them up. 

Carry on, you do you, etc. And I hope all of you return and finish.

But as for me, I won't.  Peace.

looks like things have died down lately. i haven't heard of any official stop and plan to resume shortly. life just got in the way over the holidays. i hope to see everyone come back when it becomes convenient. 

I’ve been thrown off course a bit and will be resuming posting later this week. I have my notes for a few cards which I need to type up and post. 😀

Hi @Flaxen and @6xscorpio, great to see you back in this space.  I've been thinking it was ALMOST time to come back to this project, and hoping I would have some company.  Life got in the way of the weekly commitment, as life does, but here we are in the new year, ready for some new year energy!

Just wondering if this study group was still active.  I looked at the schedule for cards and dates and it looks fab.  Certainly love to join in if its still ongoing.  

LoveLightPeace
On 1/26/2021 at 7:24 AM, SheBeast said:

Hiya. Can a fresh face join the group?

Absolutely! 

On 2/4/2021 at 7:22 AM, SheBeast said:

Just wondering if this study group was still active.  I looked at the schedule for cards and dates and it looks fab.  Certainly love to join in if its still ongoing.  

You can join at any time. This is an ongoing study group. Maybe others will join in when they see that you're participating. :azn: