Do you wear a protection?

Do you wear a protection?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear a protection?

• Yes I wear generally on me a "protection"
    • No I don't wear any "object" with a protective role

Hi guys!

I was wondering how many of us on the forum wear "a protection"; this can be a pentacle, a stone or something else, not necessarily around the neck too, usages can be diverse, depending on the path and beliefs (culture can also play a role I think).

Okay so this is the question for the poll!

My gut here is that a large majority of us is wearing something, whatever it is, but I can make a mistake, of course, hence this poll 🙂

You would like or not speaking about that, but not necessarily since a sort of secret can be important in that matter for you, depending.

Edited by Decan

I have some jades and things I never take off.
Whether the things people say are true or not, I couldn't tell you. But I ain't dead yet. 😁

I voted no. That doesn't mean that I don't protect myself. I just don't use any particular physical objects to do so. I suspect this might be a cultural thing. Here we have a concept called Fylgja. It is your protective spirit. It usually protects an entire family or even a bloodline. It can take on the form of an animal or a woman but it isn't an animal or a woman, its a spirit. And its main purpose is to protect you. So that is what I cultivate and lean on. But the most powerful 'tool' in my opinion is mindfulness. Just to be in the moment and still the mind. It will protect you from psychic attacks because you can't really touch a mind that is one with Source. It can also protect you physically because you are less likely to make a mistake if you are present and focused. Many people have gotten hurt because they acted without thinking or wasn't paying attention. 

I voted Yes. Though I don't wear them consistently, and have a couple items in the 'rotation'. I have a similar belief to Raggydoll. Connection to energy is all that is required for me - but sometimes I just like to wear a little something because it's fun. It's not so much a reminder as it is a kind of reinforcement.

I'm not Catholic but I always wear a Virgin Mary on a chain that I got at a local monastery. It's become a thing.

I don't wear 'a protection'.  In my day to day life, I don't generally feel I need extra protection.  I believe more in the protection that I cultivate in my mind.  Sometimes a tool (e.g  a crystal)will help me cultivate the mind set I need.  But I believe it is more important to carry my protection in my mind than as a physical object.

It's hard to explain, but it's kinda like visualising that I am protected to make myself feel protected.

My stones.. Black Tourmaline on my bag and my crystal necklaces. I have a few but this clear quartz with coper wire its my fav atm.. 

IMG_20200909_211435.jpg

I'm Wiccan (in the British sense) and therefore wear my pentagram.

if I’m feeling extra vulnerable, for example, if I think it's going to be a trying day at work (and it often is), I wear my blessed and charged dragon pendant, as a symbol of the courage and fire in me. I agree with stephanelli, it's more to focus what is in your mind than the object itself. But then, I like stuff.🙂
Occasionally, I will wear a specially made amulet, for specific magical issues.

Hmm I haven't answered yes or no for this. Do I wear protection on a regular basis? No. Do I wear it when I feel I need it? Yes. 

I'm a bit like Raggydoll in that I have protective spirits that help me out. One is connected to the family and another is connected to me via a past life. So most of the time I don't feel the need for anything else. Occasionally however, I do like to carry (or have nearby) a little something extra, usually in the form of stones (they change depending on what I need at the time). 

1 hour ago, TheFeeLion said:

Hmm I haven't answered yes or no for this. Do I wear protection on a regular basis? No. Do I wear it when I feel I need it? Yes. 

I'm a bit like Raggydoll in that I have protective spirits that help me out. One is connected to the family and another is connected to me via a past life. So most of the time I don't feel the need for anything else. Occasionally however, I do like to carry (or have nearby) a little something extra, usually in the form of stones (they change depending on what I need at the time). 

Well, yes, you are kind of neutral with regard to that; not regular enough to be in the yes group, but since at times you wear something, not in the no group either!

On 9/9/2020 at 4:19 PM, gapi said:

My stones.. Black Tourmaline on my bag and my crystal necklaces. I have a few but this clear quartz with coper wire its my fav atm.. 

IMG_20200909_211435.jpg

I just wanted to say that these are so elegantly simple and beautiful! Very nice necklaces 🙂

I voted yes!

I voted for Yes. Depending on different things I wear different kind of protection – sometimes more, sometimes less. I’ll just leave it at that. 😊

1 hour ago, vulprix said:

I just wanted to say that these are so elegantly simple and beautiful! Very nice necklaces 🙂

I voted yes!ooh

oh I made it so..thank you very much. 🙂 eheh

Yes.

But it depends on my mood - and imo it is all in the mind.

I have my pentacle - because I am an old Wiccan.  

And I have several strings of tiny crystal beads (strung myself) - worn according to either their metaphysical function and/or my mood.

Black tourmaline and Blue goldstone (because it reminds me of Nuit - the Egyptian night sky goddess - and I lean towards

Egyptian mythology. Nuit - keeps Chaos at bay) are the ones I'll most choose to wear for protection.

When I'm feeling particularly vulnerable (e.g. when I'm unwell) I may stick a few crystals in my pocket too.

I have a chalk sized stick of Black tourmaline and heart shaped piece of Tiger Iron (a mix of Tiger's eye, Hematite, and Jasper). 

I have a large Egyptian Scarab ring (my "poo bug" 🙂🙂). Worn when I'm feeling magicky, or doing readings,

or going to a pagan shin-dig.

Definitely worn for protection.

Protection.png

Edited by Tanga

If I am doing divination I don't tend to wear any protection, but I make an intention for it interestingly enough during the reading. It's an internal spiritual thing.

But if I am outside my home or near many people or in crowds (those were the pre-covid days 🙂 ) I always have a bracelet of Labradorite on and often have tumble stones in my pocket. Sometimes Rose Quartz, sometimes Lepidolite or one of the dark black grounding crystals like Onyx or Black Obsidian. This is like an external protection to wear. I am so sensitive and empathic that I suck up people around me, especially outide my home and feel it's essential for myself 🙂

I voted yes but my protection is around other people rather than during divination or spiritual practices.

On 9/9/2020 at 2:37 AM, Raggydoll said:

I voted no. That doesn't mean that I don't protect myself. I just don't use any particular physical objects to do so. I suspect this might be a cultural thing. Here we have a concept called Fylgja. It is your protective spirit. It usually protects an entire family or even a bloodline. It can take on the form of an animal or a woman but it isn't an animal or a woman, its a spirit. And its main purpose is to protect you. So that is what I cultivate and lean on. But the most powerful 'tool' in my opinion is mindfulness. Just to be in the moment and still the mind. It will protect you from psychic attacks because you can't really touch a mind that is one with Source. It can also protect you physically because you are less likely to make a mistake if you are present and focused. Many people have gotten hurt because they acted without thinking or wasn't paying attention. 

Well said Raggydoll.

I do not wear / carry a physical object, but I also practice mindfullness and presence as described above.  Fascinating about the Fylgja -- I'm going to explore.

Edited by Wyrdkiss

No for me - I've never even thought of it, and am not sure what I would be protecting myself from, precisely.

That said, I do go into any sort of divination practice with a sense of solidity and calm; I need to be completely present and serious, although I couldn't tell you exactly why. It's an intuitive need. Considering it now, I suspect what worries me is chaos... having no control over the process, even though I'm never aware of opposition or direct danger. I suppose I'm with the mindfulness school on this one. Protection comes from within, for me, and probably so do the dangers. If I was more concerned by it, though, I'm sure I would consider delegating that role to an amulet by imbuing it with that intent.

I have something similar to you @Raggydoll, although for me they are a more guides than specifically protective spirits.

If I'm not feeling particularly connected or feel like the need for something more physical I'll pull out some crystals. Usually obsidian or amethyst, which I associate with two of my guides, or maybe one of my sugilite pieces. 

On 10/13/2020 at 9:50 AM, Wanderer said:

That said, I do go into any sort of divination practice with a sense of solidity and calm; I need to be completely present and serious, although I couldn't tell you exactly why. It's an intuitive need. Considering it now, I suspect what worries me is chaos... having no control over the process, even though I'm never aware of opposition or direct danger

I want to clarify here that I don't believe reading cards makes me vulnerable to anything, that's not why I wear protections.
I wear them for protection against things like illnesses, accidents, poverty, etc. Things that can strike virtually anybody without warning, whether they read cards or not.

I think there's a certain amount of societal conditioning that makes people think cards "open the door" to astral nasty guys (churches can be bad about this. So can media like The Exorcist, even though that was ouija and BS.) But I've been reading cards for many, many years and haven't seen any indications that there's any truth to those ideas. Usually all I do is shuffle - no sage, no candles, no crystals, no "centering" or whatever. I know you said you don't wear anything, but it sounds like you do worry about this stuff a little. Don't. 😉

We do what we can to maintain health and income, but beyond a certain point it's out of our hands. So we just do the best we can, put on the jewelry, and hope for the best.

Interesting comments guys!

At this point 2 main "schools" seem to be emerging: there are people who deal with "things" (they seem to be majority for now) and other people who don't but who can be involved in some inner work (but not necessarily, it depends). Otherwise this doesn't mean that the ones who deal with "things/objects" aren't involved in some inner work, it depends too.

Well, on my part when I think about "protection" I think about protection against "evil influences", that is to say from enemies, whether I know them or not, whether they are people or spirits I can't see. It's a personal view of course, but I believe that "evil influences" exist and can create troubles in one's life.

Edited by Decan