Do you wear a protection?

Do you wear a protection?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear a protection?

• Yes I wear generally on me a "protection"
    • No I don't wear any "object" with a protective role

9 hours ago, katrinka said:

Usually all I do is shuffle - no sage, no candles, no crystals, no "centering" or whatever. I know you said you don't wear anything, but it sounds like you do worry about this stuff a little. Don't. 😉

Yeah, that actually agrees with my way of doing things - and until this thread, I'd never thought in terms of protecting myself from external influences! Just trying a spot of self-analysis... but for whatever reason, I need to be in a meditative state of mind to get the best from the cards. I'll usually use a candle, but it's just an aid to focusing rather than having any mystical significance for me.

It is interesting how we (the forum) encompass so many different approaches and understandings of what is going on below the surface, and being on here for a couple of years has made me at least listen to things that I wouldn't have paid any attention to before. Well... that, plus occasional strange experiences in real life that I have no explanation for. Sometimes we're probably deluding ourselves, but sometimes there might be a grain of (at least subjective) reality at the core of a different perspective.

TheLoracular

I don't wear a protection.  I do use some very simple magickal/psychological techniques to protect and banish though.  

12 hours ago, Decan said:

Well, on my part when I think about "protection" I think about protection against "evil influences", that is to say from enemies, whether I know them or not, whether they are people or spirits I can't see. It's a personal view of course, but I believe that "evil influences" exist and can create troubles in one's life.

On 9/9/2020 at 11:18 AM, ballerina said:

I have a few Holy Cards of Saints that I always carry in my wallet for protection.

I completely agree with you.  To me evil is an actual entity that exists in the world.  It can manifest in a million ways and I like to feel I have some protection from it if possible. That's why I carry the holy cards around with me all the time.  I do also wear saints medals sometimes.  And I have a lovely piece of oak that I wear that makes me feel very grounded and protected.