Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 166 : September 12 - September 18

2 hours ago, Madame Squee said:

@VGimletWhat? No creeping dread?!! That's the best part! Well, I haven't ruled out Edgar Allen Poe yet, but my pocketbook is squeaking, so it will have to wait. Is your Murder of Crows deck the B&W edition? I think I really want the limited edition, too... But that dang pocketbook!

You are so right @AJ-ish/Sharyn!!! Those old 6-language titles and white borders are so jarring to look at now. I've clipped them off my favorites, like the Harmonious and Secret Tarots. Elegant fits perfectly for the Murder of Crows Tarot.

@TheFeeLion I love Tarots that allow the cards to interact. Finding interesting combinations is one of my favorite exercises. This morning, I just shuffled, cut and drew 3 to see what would turn up. Ta-da! A mural! So, I wasn't actually reading for myself. I'm kind of glad. It looks like a dire admonition to me, like "F*ck around and find out." I think your take is much more helpful than mine.

Lol you can thank this months ISG for that! 😁

15 hours ago, vulprix said:

Really cool autumnal vibes from the decks this week, I think 😊

I have been working with the Mythic Tarot so well. It is just beautiful and I love the guidebook as well. My little nephew also got his first view of tarot cards with the deck, and he really loved them.

Today I did a reading for myself about my relationship with certain music, and I really enjoyed where the reading went. Clear to read, yet unexpected lessons. I love that in a deck.

48F6D957-DB69-4862-BF36-5B85CE8B5AC8.jpeg

The Mythic Tarot, illustrated by Tricia Newell, is such a beauty, wonderful to read with. Love the blues. I recently downloaded the Mythic Tarot Workbook from Amazon, 99 cents. The illustrations are Newell's but black and white, darn it. 

Today I've decided to pull a couple of cards and read the associated stories to see what I can learn from them

First up is the Page of Coins and Beaivi-Nieida the Sami Sun Maiden. She's the daughter of Beaivi the Sun Goddess who was good at many things and shared her knowledge with the people. Seems appropriate, got my WSET results back today and I passed with flying colours: 100% 😁 pretty stoked with myself! 

Second card and story is the King of Coins with Hah-Nu-Nah the World Turtle from Iroquois mythology. He was the only one strong enough to carry the weight of earth on his back. So he is about success, dependability and hard work. Also appropriate 😊

Finally is the King of Cups and the story of the Boy and the Dragon Pearl from Chinese legend. The boy became a dragon after finding a magic pearl (that helped him and his mother, and eventually made greedy people come after it) and eventually swallowing it. Coincidentally this car came out reversed so this is to to with the twinges of anxiety I'm now feeling over repeating my success for WSET Level 2 in November. 

I quite like this way of going through the cards so I think I'll continue with this way next week too 😊

16003918169842222046140119970502.jpg

16 hours ago, Madame Squee said:

The Mythic Tarot, illustrated by Tricia Newell, is such a beauty, wonderful to read with. Love the blues. I recently downloaded the Mythic Tarot Workbook from Amazon, 99 cents. The illustrations are Newell's but black and white, darn it. 

I also love those deep lapis blues!! It’s exactly what struck me when I got the deck out for this past week! 🙂