Hello! :)

cookie_reader

I'm new, I registered last night and been lurking ever since 🙂

I got my first RWS deck about 6 years ago, because I wanted to try something a little more complex than my Piatnik gypsy cards. But it was too intimidating and it made me feel like I'm still too small to "play with the big girls", if you know what I mean, even though I was already in my mid-twenties. I stayed with my gypsy cards and angel decks for a very long time, until this year when my entire life turned upside-down career-wise and found myself with too much free time and too little to do, so I pulled my tarot deck out again. I managed to build a connection with it this time, but I struggle a lot with my intuition.

Anyhow, here I am on this forum now 🙂 

12 hours ago, joy said:

Hello @cookie_readerwelcome to the TT&M Family :animated-smileys-signs-085:Hope you can 'un-struggle' soon 🙂

Thank you! I hope too 🙂 I think sometimes I want it to happen too much and I overthink it, and that's why it's not happening 🙂 I'm trying to do shadow work, although I'm pretty new to it, and I hope that will help unblock my intuition.

6 hours ago, 6xscorpio said:

welcome, I'm glad you gave it another go. it's all kinds of friendly and helpful in here. jump in. 

Thank you! I can't wait to have some friendly discussions. I have no tarot/spiritual friends in real life.

6 hours ago, TheFeeLion said:

@cookie_reader are they like Lenormand cards? If so there a whole section dedicated to those types of cards 😁 welcome to the forum! 

The gypsy cards? No, they have their own system. Some people call them oracle cards but they're not quite that. Where I'm from we call them "fortune telling cards", they're more popular than tarot. They're very intuitive and they read like a story when we do multiple cards spreads.

The Lenormand system looks intriguing, but I'd rather focus on only the RWS tarot until I get the hang of it 🙂 

Hello and welcome @cookie_reader:animated-smileys-signs-085:

That’s true, we have a section for Lenormand and much more; a special thread regarding the Gypsy cards too!

Of course a Lot of information on Tarot, the RWS but also the Marseille etc.

56 minutes ago, Decan said:

Hello and welcome @cookie_reader:animated-smileys-signs-085:

That’s true, we have a section for Lenormand and much more; a special thread regarding the Gypsy cards too!

Of course a Lot of information on Tarot, the RWS but also the Marseille etc.

Great I'll gave a look at the gypsy card thread 😄 This forum is so big it takes a while to discover every corner.