Jump to content

Hello everyone


Recommended Posts

I'm very new to Tarot, just bought my first deck - the Light Seer's Tarot. Now wondering if there's some sort of subconscious plan at work that I said *first* deck... 😂 I've been learning a lot from the old Aeclectic Tarot forum when searching for meanings for cards, and hope to learn more. 

 

Hope this finds you all well wherever you are in the world and hello to you all!

Link to post
Share on other sites
MisterTarot

Hello Liathach,

I'm new to this forum too, but have already found interesting info and had a warm welcome. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Don

(Mister Tarot)

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Liathach said:

I'm very new to Tarot, just bought my first deck - the Light Seer's Tarot. Now wondering if there's some sort of subconscious plan at work that I said *first* deck... 😂 I've been learning a lot from the old Aeclectic Tarot forum when searching for meanings for cards, and hope to learn more. 

 

Hope this finds you all well wherever you are in the world and hello to you all!

Welcome to the forum!

Yeah... Decks have a habit of multiplying ... Although mine are well controlled right now!

There's lots to learn here and plenty of space to ask questions!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, Grey One! (assuming a Gaelic origin for your name..? It's a wonderful mountain!)

 

There is a certain tendency to end up with... more... decks than anticipated, but it's not compulsory, honest! Find one that works for you, and there's no pressure to diversify. :grin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Welcome, Grey One! (assuming a Gaelic origin for your name..? It's a wonderful mountain!)

 

Yes, it's the mountain - also a beautiful song by Jo Hamilton. Though I am reliably informed she is pronouncing liathach wrongly in it... Gaelic is quite tricky that way to be fair.

 

Thank you both for the welcome 😁 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, I married a highlander. Even she struggles! 😄 Liathach in particular... seems to depend on which part of the Highlands you're from, but yes, allegedly the Torridon locals pronounce it Leah-gach. Most of them, anyway. :wink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
MisterTarot
6 hours ago, joy said:

Hello @Liathachwelcome to the TT&M Family :animated-smileys-signs-085: The Light Seer's Tarot is a very beautiful deck, good choice for a first deck! 

Yes, it's a beautiful deck, but is it the BEST one for a beginner? I usually recommend the Rider-Waite-Smith deck for beginners, since most books on tarot refer to its designs in their interpretations...  

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MisterTarot said:

Yes, it's a beautiful deck, but is it the BEST one for a beginner? I usually recommend the Rider-Waite-Smith deck for beginners, since most books on tarot refer to its designs in their interpretations...  

Right I do understand what you are saying, I did not say it is the BEST but a good choice. I do have several decks and also have the RWS deck and I learned with it but it just does not do anything visually for me. So learning with it was often very hard. And the Light Seer's Tarot does follow the A.E. Whaite structure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any deck one feels a connection to is best for a beginner and advanced alike, imho. I started in the 1980´s with the Jungian Tarot. I have no idea why I liked it back then, but it was a good teacher nevertheless. I got my first RWS much, much later.

Welcome to TT&M Liathach! 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 2:44 AM, Hemera said:

Any deck one feels a connection to is best for a beginner and advanced alike, imho. I started in the 1980´s with the Jungian Tarot. I have no idea why I liked it back then, but it was a good teacher nevertheless. I got my first RWS much, much later.

Welcome to TT&M Liathach! 😊

Exactly Hemera. Going with what calls to you is important. Everyone who becomes serious gets around to learning the RWS eventually.

Heck, I started with Thoth and didn't get another deck for years. No regrets, it call came full circle.

Welcome again Liathach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.