Deck of the Week Sign Up: Week 174: November 7 - November 13

Bodhiseed

Thought I would go ahead and start this for @VGimlet in case she is busy (don't mean to step on any toes).

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or decks) to work with for the week.

All are welcome. Please join us!      The only rules we have are the Tarot Tea & Me rules; be respectful to each other.    

You can drop in and out,  time and real life permitting.   New to tarot?  Long time reader?   Come on in.  

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc., or NOT - it's all up to you.  

Participants:

1. Bodhiseed - Tyldwick Tarot paired with Antiquarian Lenormand

2. vulprix - LeGrande Circus & Sideshow Tarot

3. VGimlet - Nightmare Before Christmas Tarot

4. Mi-Shell - Greenwood Tarot

5. AJ-ish/Sharyn - PetraK Tarot

6. Amberjune - Star Tarot and the Quareia Deck

Edited by Bodhiseed

Thank you so much Bodhiseed - I totally thought I'd done this!    Oops!    I appreciate you starting the thread!  Woot! (Yes, busy with nanowrimo, over half-way to my 50,000 words already...)

This week I'm doing another week with the Nightmare Before Christmas, because I've only looked at my cards, yeah, right over there on the desk, this week.

5 hours ago, VGimlet said:

Thank you so much Bodhiseed - I totally thought I'd done this!    Oops!    I appreciate you starting the thread!  Woot! (Yes, busy with nanowrimo, over half-way to my 50,000 words already...)

No worries, VGimlet, I'm glad to give you a break. I've known folks who barely eat or sleep during nanowrimo once they get into the flow of things! 😄 Congrats on your progress!

This week I'll be using the Tyldwick Tarot, created and self-published by Neil Lovell. I'll also be using the Antiquarian Lenormand, created and self-published by Maree Bento. Today's draws are the Three of Coins and the Moon:

three%2Bcoins.jpgmoon_0002.jpg

Ask any gardener about roses and they will admit that they are not the easiest flowers to grow. They require much attention (pruning, pest control, etc.) and a thick pair of gloves for protection from thorns. The three stars on the stone wall above these roses suggest their caretaker has knowledge, skills and a willingness to work diligently. Such a person does not just desire beautiful landscaping in order to impress the neighbors. One of the Moon's meanings is a mutual admiration and shared love. The master gardener looks upon the soil and plants as beloved companions. It's a relationship in which both nurture and benefit the other in different ways. Service instead of self-centeredness could create something as sweet as a rose's smell; in the words of Sam Cooke, "What a wonderful world this would be." 

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
~Muhammad Ali

AJ-ish/Sharyn

thank you Bodhi! Did you know the Tyldwick has been reprinted and will soon be available on Neil's website. His brother Joe has really worked hard on getting it done, and Neil's last lenormand will soon be available too

Happy nano VG! 

I'm working with the PetraK tarot which begins week #679 for me. I'm down to less than a dozen decks before I start the cycle again. I love my decks SO much. 

9 minutes ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

thank you Bodhi! Did you know the Tyldwick has been reprinted and will soon be available on Neil's website. His brother Joe has really worked hard on getting it done, and Neil's last lenormand will soon be available too

Happy nano VG! 

That is awesome news!

thank you for opening the thread @Bodhiseed and happy nanowrimo @VGimlet.

I love the Tyldwick Tarot, it is such a curious, evocative and engaging deck!

@AJ-ish/Sharyn how wonderful that you are nearing the end of this round through your collections. I believe it was you who inspired me to cross off my decks after I have used them for a week. I still have a ways to go (should get there in a couple of years 😀)

My decks for this week are the Star Tarot and the Quareia Deck.

Happy reading

AJ-ish/Sharyn

My Quareia is in that little list. I've often culled so usually I can make my circle within a year to year and a half. I'm glad you are using all your decks. 

Well, I am a little late to the party this week!  But it's fun as always to read the posts and see what decks people are spending time with.  Like Amberjune, I think AJ-ish might be inspiring me to cycle through all my decks instead of playing favorites.  Not yet,I can't do it yet - this is just a POSSIBILITY, a FUTURE possibility for me.  Right now I am still spending a lot of time with the Margarete and Ironwing for my 78 week study, and the Archetype cards just because they fascinate me.  It's going to take me a long, long time to work through all three decks.  78 weeks, in fact, and we're only about 11 weeks in.

But it's just remotely possible that in parallel with those long-term studies, I could do short-term visits with other decks.  Doesn't that sound appealing?

My Joie de Vivre had been trapped in my office since quarantine began, but I finally got it mailed to me this week, so I think it's going to be the deck I play with for next week's thread.

Great to see everyone!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.