The Metaphorical Tarot

Perenelle

Hey, I just left a thread in "Promote Yourself" and if they get merged that's OK, haven't been here much and not sure where to go for what. My deck is photographic and has been gestating for something like 15 years. I had a holdup cost-wise that I finally managed to resolve. I'm going to submit to US Games because they seem like a good fit. Stay tuned!

Well hmm, obviously pics or no feedback, haha! This is The Empress, the first one I'm working on. All design and sewing done by me of course. She's less than half-done however so stay tuned. 

IMG_20201110_114645968.jpg

Edited by Perenelle
Added

Hello! Yes this is an all-doll project and VERY expensive. I live on assistance and don't have a lot of money to spare from month to month which is a big reason why this project has taken so long to really tackle. The figures I'm using are Phicen, or Hi-Play, figures at 1/6 scale (12") for most cards and 1/12 (6") for the cards with several figures. I've been collecting fabrics and all sorts of things for this. I have a lot of silks and these fabulous cotton prints with Renaissance-style designs with metallic gold. I'm really looking forward to doing more figures! This photo has just her chemise and veil, the dalmatic, as Dummett calls it, or mantle, needs major revision, be back with that asap! I have whitened her face a bit to make her more Gothic. 

Edited by Perenelle
Correction

This was taken in just fluorescent overhead light, for the final project I have my full-spectrum floods. 

Oh, coming back to say more about the deck, I really should explain a bit here! First of all, the inspiration for the Majors is the original Visconti, the Minors deriving, naturally, from Pamela's brilliant images. This image will alter as I add elements, but in essence it's starting here and building from it. I'll be back with more when I have it. 🙂 Oh and incidentally I'll be using computer effects where appropriate. 

Edited by Perenelle
Tiny change

My sister is a lawyer and she says that images of a thing should be copyright to the artist and not the company that makes the product, as long as it's not some huge Disney-esque company. We're going to look it up. However this isn't Hasbro who are characters. These dolls are intended for artistic purposes, also they're Chinese. I'll be back with more on that but I'm continuing with the deck.

Edited by Perenelle
More info
25 minutes ago, Perenelle said:

My sister is a lawyer and she says that images of a thing should be copyright to the artist and not the company that makes the product. We're going to look it up. However this isn't Hasbro who are characters. These dolls are intended for artistic purposes, also they're Chinese. 

If it’s a registered trademark product then I believe you need permission. 

21 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

If it’s a registered trademark product then I believe you need permission.

They aren't copyright here. Checked. So no worries. 

Edited by Perenelle
19 minutes ago, gregory said:

That was certainly what truelighth found. And they refused.

Yes do have your sister check. I don't see why the act that they are Chinese affects anything, though. Safety first.

Yes it does. International law. Again my sis knows. 

Edited by Perenelle

I need to go out and buy something for the mantle, be back when it's fixed. Oh, and I may need a horse and a dog from Etsy artists who of course I'm going to discuss the deck with and see if I can use their art for it with credit! If there's any problem I'll do something else.

Yes, she's very knowledgeable. As an artist she's been a big help. Also this counts as altered art with the changes I'm making. Anyway I don't forsee problems. Oh! I need to go to my computer to show off the card back, I've had it for years and I really like it! 

This is just a photo of these cool cabochons with the signs of the zodiac that will go on the Wheel of Fortune. 

IMG_20201124_145834520~2.jpg