Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 177 : November 28 - December 4

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or decks) to work with for the week.

All are welcome. Please join us!      The only rules we have are the Tarot Tea & Me rules; be respectful to each other.    

You can drop in and out,  time and real life permitting.   New to tarot?  Long time reader?   Come on in.  

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc., or NOT - it's all up to you.  

Participants:

1.  VGimlet - True Heart Intuitive Tarot

2. Bohdiseed - Stone Tarot paired with the Buddhist Quote Cards

3. Amberjune - Da Vinci Enigma Tarot and  the Buddha Wisdom Divine Masculine Cards

4. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Dreamtime Oracle

5. Mi-shell -Fantastic Menagerie and the Medicine Cards and the NA Tarot.

6. vulprix - Green Witch Tarot

7. Madame Squee - Murder of Crows Tarot LE

(487)

Edited by VGimlet

Whew!

I thought I was not going to get this thread up today - my computer had a major issue with it's Windows Update and I thought it was toast.   So, while I'm thrashing through Google  on my husband's computer  trying to figure out how to fix it, the internet Router went out in a completely unrelated issue.   😱  

Since I work from home 3 days a week, and am still doing Nanowrimo, it was like another 2020 nightmare.

Thank goodness, after some blood sweat and tears everything is fine now.   But I backed up my nanowrimo on multivle other flash drives tonight, LOL.   (And I owe my other half BIG.)

I'm moving on to the True Heart Intuitive Tarot, which seems like a nice gentle deck, I need a little kindness.   The Black Tarot is interesting, but it seemed to be a little gloomy, so I'm moving on, even though I probably only read with it three times this week.  I just can't do another week of gloom,  especially with the possibility of new lock downs coming.  And will they stop library service for a bit or not? 

Time will tell.

Thank you for the new thread @VGimlet. Fingers crossed that the laptop is on its best behavior from now on. 🙂

I'm in with the Da Vinci Enigma Tarot and also some Buddha Quotes, in my case it is the Buddha Wisdom Divine Masculine Cards.

This week will be a split thing for me:

I want to do my personal daily draws with the Fantastic Menagerie

But I also have to give a slue of readings for people on a remote reserve via Zoom and for that the requests will be the Medicine Cards and the NA Tarot.

Thank you for the thread, VG!🎄 Computer woes are the worst!😖  I'm so glad you're up to the challenge!!! 🏆

I'm in with Murder of Crows Tarot, L.E. 

I got along so well with the standard deck that I had to try the limited edition!

The main difference between the two are blood red highlights, larger cards, and numbered box.

The standard deck has a title card, but the L.E. doesn't. However, the L.E. has two significator cards, both of which are double-sided: (1) The Crow Mother/The Crow Father; (2) The Crow of Dusk/The Crow of Dawn.

The LWB text appears to be the same in both editions, except for an addition regarding the significator cards. I cannot find a publication date in the standard LWB, but the L.E. is dated October 2020. 

The card stock appears identical in both decks: glossy, high quality, flexible. Both stacks measure 1.75 in. 

Murder of Crows Tarot is a dramatic deck for sure. The Limited Edition turns it up several notches, which I really like. And I appreciate the larger details in it. But I'll never stop loving the standard edition, already a comfortable friend. 

PS: The standard edition may have had an ad card with it, too. But if so, I've misplaced mine. No worries. It'll turn up if it was there.😬

MOC size comparision 9w.jpg

MOC LE crow father crow of dawn.JPG

MOC LE box.jpg

MOC LE numbered box.JPG

This week I'll be using the Stone Tarot, a self-published deck by Alison Stone. I may also dip into her book of tarot poems (Ordinary Magic), although it wasn't written as a companion book. The oracle I'll be using is the Buddhist Quote Cards, painted and published by Diana Altenburg. Even though she has spiritual quotes (from John Lennon to Lao Tzu) on the back of the cards, I have decided to pair each card with a verse from the Dhammapada. Today's draws are Justice and Dhammapada 9:122.

queen%2Bpentacles.jpgBQC18_0002.jpg

Stone's poem for the Queen of Pentacles is a letter from Lilith to Adam. In Jewish folklore, Lilith had been formed from the same clay as Adam, but when he told her she must be subservient to him, she grew wings and flew away. She makes clear to him that she would much rather have her integrity intact and hang out with with the flora and fauna than be a slave to anyone. Like all Queen of Pentacles, she is grounded in reality and very resourceful. She may not have much, but she sure knows how to be creative with what she has. The verse form the Dhammapada reads: "With dripping drops of water even a water jug is filled." Tossed into a situation where we must choose between what we value and security, it's easy for confidence to waver. But each small step we take can help our courage and assurance grow. 

Because (s)he demands no honor,
(S)he will never be dishonored. 
~Lao Tzu