Musings on splitting the deck into Court, Major, Minor Piles for a reading...

SilverLeaf

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share the results that came out of some meditation I did yesterday to spark some conversation and elicit some perspectives. As background, I've been most recently been working with the Wildwood deck but have had a lot of difficulty with the Court cards because I am not attuned to the animal attributes (yet). I felt like this was impacting my ability to deliver good readings, particularly those in the relationship domain, without relying very heavily on the supporting deck material which at times feel flat, uninspired, and fairly lacking in substantive information (at ones that spoke to me) on the Court animals. Anyway, this is a long journey I'm committed to, but I'm looking for more practice and confidence on reading matters of relationships...

In light of this, I was perusing RWS -inspired decks and came across the Druidcraft Tarot. I really like Will Worthington's art and the deck art felt comfortable and accessible to me to practice with a more traditional symbolism system, particular for relationship readings. Anyway, I have found the companion literature to this deck very thought provoking and rather profound (please note I'm a novice, so the info/concepts I'm about to discuss is quite possibly Tarot 101 to most of you, but felt quite revelatory to me). What really struck me was the beautiful description of the 3 major types of cards: The Major Arcana representing the Soul's esoteric karmic journey, the Court cards representing the 16 dominant personality "types" we can operate from, and the Minor cards representing the energies that govern are earthly experiences.

In meditating on this idea, what really struck me was that the resonance that the Tarot has to offer feels like a "triangulation" of these different types of energy interacting to get at something that is informative and meaningful at both the Soul and Material level. In my meditation, I was wrestling with one of my chief obstacles, which is trying to make sense of when the Court cards are referring explicitly to people, when they are referring to events, or attitudes/energy. My inner guide suggested "Why don't you split the deck into three separate piles (Majors, Court cards, and Minors) and design a spread that explicitly assigns these cards into designated positions to get at Soul/Karmic forces, personality trait forces, and incarnate energy forces (the four primal elements and numerological energies).

Well, as soon as this processed, I was given an image of a relationship spread that operated on these principles, which I think will be useful for me (I've attached the image of the spread to this post). The premise of the spread is that each person in the relationship (this is designed for a 2 person relationship reading) is assigned a Soul/Karma card from the Major Arcana pile, a personal energy trait card from the Court Pile, and 3 Minor cards representing Past/Present/Future energy momentum. While I imagine this will feel a lot like using "training wheels" to the heavily experienced Tarot readers here, this felt like a gift to me and something I'm looking forward to trying out.

What I like about this potential approach as a training tool:

1) It takes the guess work out of what purpose the Court cards play in the reading.

2) It explicitly connects Soul/Personal/Life energies and how they intertwine between the two people in the relationship.

3) The geometry of the spread is quite intuitive and pleasing: The inner quadrant has the personality and soul energies of the couple, allowing pretty quick and central focus on the compatibility of the two people's relational energies and their inner soul journey; the upper and lower horzontal planes give a past/present/future triad to allow the reader to compare whether or not the trajectory of the individuals seems compatible; the diagonal axes are also informative (see annotation in the spread picture for description).

Anyway, since this felt like it was "given" to me and not something I created, I wanted to share in case it might spark some interesting conversation and insights from the treasure trove of experience here. I hope to put it into practice the next coupe of weeks and report back on my experience, I'd love company if you feel compelled to give it a try and see how it works for you. I'm always grateful for the candid and insightful perspectives of this group.

I apologize for such a lengthy post, my enthusiasm got the best of me!

Relationship Cross (SilverLeaf).jpg

Hi @SilverLeaf - I like that idea very much! 

(And also, you should never feel the need to apologize for long posts, and even less for enthusiasm! That's what this forum needs! At least I feel that way!)

I really like the idea to split the deck sometimes, but I have only ever done it with Major and Minor Arcana, never had the idea to separate the trumps. (I use the "Comte de Mellet" spread quite a lot which needs separate Majors and Minors). But I think I'll try that now, very inspiring! 

It could also be done in a reading for one person alone, not a relationship reading. But I think it's really the way to go forward to follow your intuition or inspiration with the cards, especially when it comes to spreads you like to use (or not using spreads / positions as well). 

SilverLeaf
50 minutes ago, le_charior said:

It could also be done in a reading for one person alone, not a relationship reading. But I think it's really the way to go forward to follow your intuition or inspiration with the cards, especially when it comes to spreads you like to use (or not using spreads / positions as well). 

@le_charior, thanks for the kind encouragement. I completely agree that the principles and strategy might be beneficial for multiple types of reading (and hope to explore those), my meditation was on my struggles with relationship readings and court cards so that was where I started, but I'm excited to explore it in other arenas as well, thank you. Please let me know how it goes for you when you develop a sense of whether it helps your practice!

Hi @SilverLeaf and welcome to TT&M.  I've noticed that you pose thoughtful and thought provoking questions.  And I LOVE this spread.  I am going to use it soon, probably to explore why my most recent relationship, which both the man I loved and I believed would last forever, suddenly blew up instead.

21 hours ago, SilverLeaf said:

While I imagine this will feel a lot like using "training wheels" to the heavily experienced Tarot readers here,

Not at all.  This is a learning community and the oldest-timers among us are still learning.  It's a stunning new concept to me.  

21 hours ago, SilverLeaf said:

Anyway, since this felt like it was "given" to me and not something I created, I wanted to share

It doesn't matter how you came up with it.  Some of the most gifted readers carefully create new spreads all the time.

7 hours ago, le_charior said:

(And also, you should never feel the need to apologize for long posts, and even less for enthusiasm! That's what this forum needs! At least I feel that way!)

Yeah - what they said!

Love, Grandma

SilverLeaf
14 hours ago, Grandma said:

Hi @SilverLeaf and welcome to TT&M.  I've noticed that you pose thoughtful and thought provoking questions.  And I LOVE this spread.  I am going to use it soon, probably to explore why my most recent relationship, which both the man I loved and I believed would last forever, suddenly blew up instead.

Not at all.  This is a learning community and the oldest-timers among us are still learning.  It's a stunning new concept to me.  

Hi @Grandma, thanks for the kindness and encouragement, I'm excited to have someone to share with in trying this out!

Very nice spread, and extremely interesting ideas! 😎

Trying to be analytical here, I really like the way the cards are arranged; it feels as though it will encourage direct comparisons and interactions between the cards. This can be really tricky when you have, say, a court versus a minor when looking at two people, and this will narrow down the range of card types to specific fields of meaning. I can see this being extremely useful at times, and give very clear answers. It should also remove those really difficult situations where an awkward card  pops up in the 'wrong' place!

Looking for a downside, the same thing can be a limitation. Sometimes, there's unexpected significance (in terms of major changes in one's life path) in a position you might expect to be relatively minor, and the meanings of the majors have a different slant to them from the meanings of the minors; therefore, excluding them from certain positions does remove some potential information. I can see this working very well where you have a very focused question you want answered, and in the case of this relationship spread it 'feels' as though it would be very clear, and the cards appropriate. If I were doing a much deeper sort of reading, though, I'd want to retain the flexibility of the whole deck, I think. So, depends on the situation, but there's definitely a place for this!

Might be worth mentioning that some people do readings with more than one deck, or Tarot plus extra (sometimes related) oracle cards. I've not quite got that approach settled worked out to my satisfaction yet - the positions of each have to be carefully worked out to maximise its usefulness, for me - but it's a similar sort of idea.

Keep it up! :thumbsup:

SilverLeaf
33 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Looking for a downside, the same thing can be a limitation. Sometimes, there's unexpected significance (in terms of major changes in one's life path) in a position you might expect to be relatively minor, and the meanings of the majors have a different slant to them from the meanings of the minors; therefore, excluding them from certain positions does remove some potential information. I can see this working very well where you have a very focused question you want answered, and in the case of this relationship spread it 'feels' as though it would be very clear, and the cards appropriate. If I were doing a much deeper sort of reading, though, I'd want to retain the flexibility of the whole deck, I think. So, depends on the situation, but there's definitely a place for this!

@Wanderer, Thanks for the insight, I completely agree with you on this. The "training wheels" analogy I used, was the best I could come up with in terms of losing the nuance and punctuation of energy that bears out when, for example, you get a Major Arcana card showing up in the place typically designated for an event or person, etc. It definitely is intended for its interpretative "simplicity", but I must say, as I've played around with this, it is really challenging me to take a deeper dive into how to think about the Majors and Court Cards in terms of which energies are compatible/incompatible. For now, I'm taking a more intuitive approach, but would like to educate myself more "academically" on the numerology/astrology implications of these interactions. I really appreciated the astrology thread that was archived here and have been spending some time with that (this feels like it may take me years to really "get").

One thing I thought you might appreciate or have insight into regarding the WIldwood, the cards occasionally (frequently?) seem to "go rogue" and break out of their assigned roles in a particular spread. For example, in a Celtic Cross, sometimes a Court Card would appear in an unusual place (let's say at the bottom of the right-hand column, which typically represents the sitter's "present" energy to me, and from the context of the reading, seem to be speaking to a person in the sitter's life instead. I was originally really fighting with the cards, determined to "force" the interpretation based on the a priori designation of the position in the spread, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that the deck takes the spread designations as a "loose suggestion" that can be ignored. I know I'm anthropomorphizing the deck here, but you get the gist...

Anyway, I felt that it was a sign that I am not quite ready to use the Wildwood for other people comfortably, and so that is the reason I am now experimenting with the Druidcraft deck for relationship reads for others and putting on the training wheels to try and gain comfort with the Court card energies. Even the Minor Cards in the Wildwood, to me, seem so heavily focused on energetic and spiritual themes, often depicting the energy "behind" life events instead of the "actual" material events, while the RWS system feels more explicitly grounded in the earthly realm and thus deals with "nuts and bolts" type queries more directly (so far, in this early part of my journey).

@SilverLeaf

I love your posts and thought processes.  

And this is not a criticism of your spread or how/why you put it together.  It feels like you self-taught yourself so much.  @Wanderer expressed a lot of my own thoughts.  The druidcraft deck looks lovely and I'm excited to see you excited about it 🙂

I ~personally~ can't use 10 card spreads any more except for very special occasions.  I stick to mostly 3-5 card spreads and will go up to 7-8 on good days.   I advocate for this a lot to new readers simply because the brain tends to only be able to hold onto 7-8 pieces of information at a time.  That doesn't mean I think people, especially people who are going slowly, writing things down (or letting the querent write things down) should always stop at 7-8.  

With my fibromyalgia, I can hold it together physically and cognitively for a thorough interpretation of 5 cards but not 10, lol.   

I would be really curious to see what you could come up with, working along some of the same ideas but simplifying them, for a 5 card spread 🙂  You make it and I will use it. 

SilverLeaf
8 hours ago, TheLoracular said:

I would be really curious to see what you could come up with, working along some of the same ideas but simplifying them, for a 5 card spread 🙂  You make it and I will use it. 

@TheLoracular, I'm sorry to hear about the fibromyalgia, I can't imagine how uncomfortable and inconvenient (understatements for sure) that must be. Thank you for the encouragement and the friendly suggestion.

I've taken a crack at it below for a 5-Card Spread. In this design, the couple shares a Major Card as the Karmic/Soul Energy "present" of the relationship, placed at the top of the cross. Each person still gets a designated Court card (along the horizontal axis). They also share a Minor "present" card at the bottom of the cross. One of the things I really like about this arrangement is its symbolic representation of "As above, so below". I struggled as to where to put the future card because geometrically, it didn't at first resonate to put it in the center (I'm so used to past/present/future linear trajectories I think). I originally had the Minor "present" card in the middle and the future card at the bottom. However, after imagining the cardinal points of the cross opening a "portal" into the future, I felt more comfortable with this layout, with the four outer cards creating a symbolic window into a possible future (feel free of course to choose your preference).

My last point of pondering on this, is where to draw the final "outcome" card from. I can see specific questions being better served from any of the 3 piles, and I can also see re-integrating/shuffling the deck (minus the four points of the cross already laid out) and drawing the final card from the re-integrated pile. I guess I will probably take this for my own practice in a reading-by-reading basis, where I will probably default the final card from the Minor pile, unless the sitter is more interested in more "big picture" thematic approach to the outcome.

At any rate, I'm definitely open to feedback and suggestions on card placement, pile integraiton, etc. and what works/doesn't work for you. Thank you for engaging with me on this, I'm enjoying the energy exchange.

5-Card Relationship Cross (SilverLeaf).jpg

@SilverLeaf

That was blazingly fast and tomorrow morning will be perfect for me to do a reading with it  and some analysis for you. I will use my platonic life partner and myself so I can get his thoughts as well.  He doesn't read tarot (yet) but I caught him in Discord gushing over the Tarot of the Divine with one of our friends yesterday... it is only a matter of time now that I'm active again.  XD

20 hours ago, SilverLeaf said:

@Wanderer, Thanks for the insight, I completely agree with you on this. The "training wheels" analogy I used, was the best I could come up with in terms of losing the nuance and punctuation of energy that bears out when, for example, you get a Major Arcana card showing up in the place typically designated for an event or person, etc. It definitely is intended for its interpretative "simplicity", but I must say, as I've played around with this, it is really challenging me to take a deeper dive into how to think about the Majors and Court Cards in terms of which energies are compatible/incompatible. For now, I'm taking a more intuitive approach, but would like to educate myself more "academically" on the numerology/astrology implications of these interactions. I really appreciated the astrology thread that was archived here and have been spending some time with that (this feels like it may take me years to really "get").

HI Silverleaf! Yes it just takes a while to make the connections, but it's really a 'grammatical' type of shift, rather than about the content. If a Court can represent a person with particular characteristics, we just need to be able to isolate the characteristics and think of them in the abstract. For events and influences, it might be either something that induces those characters as a response, or something that feels like being confronted with them... but I'm sure you get the idea, and it's really about internalising them. Once you've absorbed the abstraction of them, the intuition converts them to whatever form they're needed in! :smiley:  Because, as you say... this:

20 hours ago, SilverLeaf said:

Even the Minor Cards in the Wildwood, to me, seem so heavily focused on energetic and spiritual themes, often depicting the energy "behind" life events instead of the "actual" material events

I agree completely, and I think part of the reason I was drawn to the deck is that this is how I read naturally. I'm always interested in the underlying or hidden patterns, rather than superficial (in the strict sense). Guess that goes with being a scientist... :wink: 

It's also, I suspect, why you're absolutely right that the cards "go rogue"! And yes, they absolutely do. I have a Celtic Cross equivalent, the Full Circle, in which one position ('brambles') represents the things that are holding the sitter back. Almost invariably, it's a 'positive' card. To start with, that threw me... until I saw the pattern. Usually it is things that we don't realise are a problem that are holding us back; rather than a wall blocking the way ahead, they cling to us and slow us down, but we may not even see them...

The deck very often throws curveballs at me, and there are times I've just goggled at the card, and thought, "...Um... nah." It's always right, though; it just means that it's revealing something I didn't expect, or forcing me to see something in an entirely new way. It's a bit brutal like that, and much more so (in my experience) than the RW seems to be. What I'm not sure of is whether the RW is doing the same, but I'm not seeing it, because I'm not tuned into the deck so well, or whether it really is more considerate of our expectations ans sensitivies..!

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with the Druidcraft - it's a lovely deck that I've been tempted by at times also. It's also interesting that you're looking into the numerolgy/astrology connections, ad good luck with that! They don't do anything for me personally, so I confess that I've stayed away from them completely. I do have a crystal ball, though... (although I've failed to get anywhere with it yet)

On 1/10/2021 at 4:09 PM, SilverLeaf said:

What really struck me was the beautiful description of the 3 major types of cards: The Major Arcana representing the Soul's esoteric karmic journey, the Court cards representing the 16 dominant personality "types" we can operate from, and the Minor cards representing the energies that govern are earthly experiences.

So!  Reading Complete.  I don't think this needs to be in a different category because I don't need this interpretted by anyone else.  I just want to show it and my process how I used @SilverLeaf spread and their thought process in using the three sets divided and applied to different positions to them.  It is also a HAPPY reading and gosh, do we all deserve HAPPY things to look at this week.

I'll talk about myself in 3rd person a little, lol. 

1. Soul & Karmic:  The Star
This relationship is built on hope.  Its is the bringing forward of two people through their individual "fool's journeys" to a place beyond their struggles where they as souls have gained a lot of wisdom & understanding.  Rather than existing to teach each other growth through challenge and adversity, they provide each other guidance through being good role models, teachers, and each other's strength and wellspring of empowerment. A very AUSPICIOUS Soul/Karma card.

2. The Sitter: (Laurel) Queen of Cups

Using Linda Gail Water's MBTI/Court Card Associations, The Queen of Cups is INFJ (The Advocate).  Borrowing from 16Personalities site:  Advocates are known for making a tremendous impact on the world. In addition to being the rarest type, they may just have the strongest sense of idealism and morality. Characteristics: warm, considerate, responsible, gentle, pragmatic.

Laurel's (my) actual dominant MBTI  trait, tested on both 12/12/20 and 1/12/21:  INFJ   So this reading tells me that Laurel expresses her truest nature as part of this relationship.  It is just seamless for Laurel to be 100% Laurel in Laurel/Frank.  

3. 3rd Party: (Frank) King of Swords

Using Linda Gail Water's MBTI/Court Card Associations, The King of Swords is ESTP (The Entrepeneur).  Borrowing from 16Personalities site: A very intelligent group, Entrepreneurs are more comfortable with risk than any other type, leading to the (highly accurate) conclusion that they’re tremendous businesspeople – especially when they’re their own boss. Characteristics: realistic, versatile, outgoing, spontaneous, action-oriented.

Frank's actual dominant MBTI trait as of 1/12/21: INFP which means that his relationship with Laurel leads him to be more extroverted, more observant vs. intuitive, more thinking than feeling,  more prospecting vs. judging aka much more YANG/dynamic than his nature.  Frank isn't the same person he'd be in a relationship with someone else.  He would be a Page of Cups (INFP) if left to his own devices.  I will say more about this after getting to 5th Card.

4. Present State of the Relationship: 10 of Pentacles
This is a very AUSPICIOUS card for the present state of a relationship; since its my own relationship I can confirm its true.  Here are two people who are comfortable, have settled into something domestic and foreseeably permanent without a Tower/Death kind of dramatic change, the sort that would be changing their entire lives.  Such a card doesn't show up at #5, quite the opposite.

5. Future of the Relationship: 2 of Cups

This is another incredibly AUSPICIOUS card for a relationship reading.  These two people are each other's best friends and will continue to be so.  There isn't any other romantic or other love on the horizon that is going to change the foundation of what Laurel/Frank have.

I chose a minor card for this vs. a major for a specific reason.  Given the way this reading requires 3 piles of card?  It feels best to do all the work with each pile at the same time:  so first went down the Major as #1, then the Court as #2-#3, then the Minors as #4-5.  

I feel like having ~known~ MBTI information to expand off of was key to doing this reading because it let the psychoterica run deep and balance approach from soul/spirit/energy/karma.   So this reading was something I could do with mind (swords/air/MBTI), kenning (wands/fire/New Agey stuffs) both and that absolutely suits me, lol.

I would be more concerned that Frank needed to be the King of Swords in this relationship to Laurel's Queen of Cups except for the following reasons:
1. The Soul card is auspicious
2. The present is auspicious
3. The future is auspicious 

This leads me to the speculation that this relationship only works so successfully since Laurel isn't adapting one bit from her nature with or without him is for Frank to take on a role that is much more, I hate to say it, being the "man in the family".   He has to provide more YANG in a relationship he'd otherwise give to a different partner for the alchemy.  As his natural Page of Cups, the feng shui couldn't work because both of us would be too much yin, too much intuition, feeling. 

If I was just looking at this spread without knowing Laurel & Frank I'd go "Wow!  Those are two really happy people".   I'd also have a very different picture in my head of Frank as a person than the "King of Swords" would put there, but knowing that this is a natural Page of Cups (Mediator) manifesting his King of Swordness (Entrepeneur) in order to be with Laurel and financially provide for them as best he can would change that picture easily.

And that's the thing with readings, imo.  The best readings build on not just the cards themselves but what the querent shares with us as we go along.  

On 1/10/2021 at 4:09 PM, SilverLeaf said:

What really struck me was the beautiful description of the 3 major types of cards: The Major Arcana representing the Soul's esoteric karmic journey, the Court cards representing the 16 dominant personality "types" we can operate from, and the Minor cards representing the energies that govern are earthly experiences.

Screenshot 2021-01-13 080134.jpg

@SilverLeaf hello! i tried your spread for the first time today.I liked it.I will use it again and i will come back with feedback.I like spreads that split the deck and i think your positions work good 😊

002EBF60-CD33-4230-AB3A-6284FFD0D659.jpeg

SilverLeaf
38 minutes ago, Ekati said:

@SilverLeaf hello! i tried your spread for the first time today.I liked it.I will use it again and i will come back with feedback.I like spreads that split the deck and i think your positions work good 😊

002EBF60-CD33-4230-AB3A-6284FFD0D659.jpeg

Thanks @Ekati, happy to share notes/experiences on this. I will post the spreads I did yesterday later this week. One of the things I enjoy about this 10-card version is how the Major card of each partner "touches" the future card of the other, something in that symbolism really resonates with me!

SilverLeaf
5 hours ago, TheLoracular said:

If I was just looking at this spread without knowing Laurel & Frank I'd go "Wow!  Those are two really happy people".   I'd also have a very different picture in my head of Frank as a person than the "King of Swords" would put there, but knowing that this is a natural Page of Cups (Mediator) manifesting his King of Swordness (Entrepeneur) in order to be with Laurel and financially provide for them as best he can would change that picture easily.

@TheLoracular, I love the way you interpreted the Court cards in this and it really aligns with what I imagined, that the cards represent the energies that each of the couple brings to the relationship, instead of just a straight generalization of the totality or trait "defaults". Because we each have all of the 16 trait-potentials within us, I imagine these energies shift over time and from relationship-to-relationship. Also, thank you for sharing such a vulnerable message, it has emboldened me to share the 2 I did (1 with the 10-Card, and 1 with the 5-Card) on my relationship with my partner which were very illuminating. I hope to get these posted in the next few days. Also, the resonance and patterns between the 2 spreads were sensational (for example, the Page of Wands was my Court designator in both spreads!). Peace and blessings.

SilverLeaf

H Everyone, so, in the spirit of sharing, I wanted to offer up the cards I drew using both the 10-card and 5-card spreads on my relationship with my life partner. To try and be as universally accessible as possible, I used my RWS deck. To keep it "on topic", I won't go into the interpretation (which was very illuminating and resonant with me), but just want to point out what I like about my experiment with these ideas:

1) As @TheLoracular mentioned, I think the Court "trait" cards are really speaking to the kind of energy that each person is bringing to the relationship at the moment, which I think offers insight into current dynamics without "locking in" someone's role into one particular personality archetype or another indefinitely.

2) In the 10-Card spread, I really enjoyed the thematic energy trends, where I am represented by "Wand" energy and my partner is clearly surrounded by pentacle energy in the relationship (not surprisingly, the cards here are seem to be addressing a fair amount of uncertainty and anxiety about finances and our current living situation).

3) What tickled me the most in the 10-card spread (that I didn't appreciate in the abstract), was how the Major (Soul) card of each partner "touches" the future card of the other person, really emphasizing how the energies of the partners can interact and influence one another visually. For example, my partner's energy of Justice (a Libra through and through :-)), touches the 10-of-Swords card representing my energetic future, while my Major (Soul) card of The Empress, touches the bounty of the 10-of-Pentacles as my partner's energetic future. The poetry of the geometric arrangement was delightful to my sensibilities.

4) For the 5-card spread, I actually "cheated" and used 6 cards because I felt energetically like having both a Major and Minor card represented in the future "window" created by the cross would be enlightening. I really like the result of having the Major card to illuminate the Minor here and will probably adopt this for my practice going forward when I use this spread. I do appreciate the simplicity of shared Major influencing the couple (as opposed to each person individually) and think it gives a different level of insight into the partnership than the 10-card spread affords.

5) The cross-over resonance between the two spreads was hard to ignore. I was represented by the Page of Wands in both spreads, the Empress made an important appearance in both spreads, and the progression of the pentacles suit was notable in both. The cross-validation felt significant to me that either approach can provide relevant insights, each with a slightly different focus.

I think that is the end of my ramblings for now, thank you to everyone who has engaged with these ideas, having a sense of community here is really meaningful to me. As someone who has been pretty "finish line" -motivated most of their life, I find a great solace and peace in the Tarot work, because I "know" that the path is infinite, and I am just so elated and energized to be journeying where I'm at, without feeling any need to be any further than I am (for the first time!), and just in awe of the ability to connect and learn from the mysteries of the Universe through this medium.

PXL_20210114_012405166.jpg

PXL_20210114_012644910.jpg

SilverLeaf
42 minutes ago, TheLoracular said:

Thank you for taking us on this journey with you this week.  Having something positive like this to work on was exactly what my frazzled sanity needed. 

The feeling is very mutual, thank you!

SilverLeaf

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share a new "wrinkle" on the 5-card spread I used today for a sitter that was asking about potential futures with a previous partner and a current one. I created a "Double Cross", where the sitter's energy/trait card sits at the center for two 5-card crosses as previously described. I'm including a picture of the spread in case it is helpful/interesting to "see it in action". The feedback back from the sitter was that the reading really resonated and it visually was useful in terms of seeing the inter-related energies at play.

Relationship Double-Cross Example.jpg