WHAT'S YOUR VIEW? This is mine of house next door from Fall 2020 since SO many of us are stuck inside....anyone want to share their view?

Anabiyeni

Pretty buds on the tree. Are those daffodils in the corner? They're my favorite flower.

My view from home is snow, which is currently falling, so everything looks muted. Normally, in December, I could go to work early and photograph the sun rising over the mountains, but this December, the two days I went in, the sky was too cloudy to photograph the sunrise. Now on the rare occasions I go in to work, I arrive long after sunrise, so I will have to wait until next December for another opportunity. That break in routine has thrown me off.

My view from the front of my house is a large hedge with a drive full of building materials and the back is literally a building site as I’m having an extension build at the moment! 

That’s a very pretty tree GreatDane. I do love seeing all the plants/trees slowly starting to bud and flower. 

oh congrates on the extension, Lillymae!  I do get a little more of a view, because my front door and window faces that house.  When I take my dog to his wee spot about 15 yards from my door, I can see in three directions, as my driveway dead ends from another street.  After I get my second shot and wait the prescribed amount of time, I will feel much better about getting out and about more, even if I still have to mask and take some precautions.  

From the front door of my little rental with a slight zoom. I've been living here three months now and the best thing is the weather: mild summer days, no humidity, afternoon thunderstorms, and cool nights. This is a great novelty for me considering I've lived my whole life (until now, that is) in and around a sub-tropical zone. Bliss. Those buildings are the town centre, btw.

img_0010.jpg

Edited by devin
18 minutes ago, devin said:

From the front door of my little rental with a slight zoom. I've been living here three months now and the best thing is the weather: mild summer days, no humidity, afternoon thunderstorms, and cool nights. This is a great novelty for me considering I've lived my whole life (until now, that is) in and around a sub-tropical zone. Bliss. Those buildings are the town centre, btw.

img_0010.jpg

So beautiful!! I wish that was my view, if only for a day ! 😄

Thank you GreatDane, the extension is for my youngest son who is disabled! He is finally getting a downstairs bedroom and shower room, plus I’ve sneaked in a utility room 😊

18 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

So beautiful!! I wish that was my view, if only for a day !

I'll swap you for the snow and a bottle of pickled herring. 

16 hours ago, GreatDane said:

I feel I am travelling the world just checking in on this thread! 

Your place looks lovely and peaceful. Canada, right?

31 minutes ago, devin said:

I'll swap you for the snow and a bottle of pickled herring. 

Sounds like a good trade, we do have lots of snow and herring here (both the pickled and the fermented kind, but the latter is not for the faint of heart) 😄 

We do live on a remote 106 acre homestead- property in the middle of the Canadian bush 200 km NE of Toronto.

Our self-build log home sits on a hill overlooking the marsh, that is part of Kawpakwakog River and the boreal forest all around. So we have quite a view on all sides:

right now, in the middle of winter all is pristine and white, we have about 3 feet of fresh snow and the meadows and rivers are frozen.

So: view from south facing living room window now – with a large labyrinth walked into the snow- for meditation walks

338848765_DSCF2116(600x450).jpg.c04f545894fb7973a5e7cc83f2bdedeb.jpg

same view in the summer, at dawn with a couple of Moose 

DSCN8358.thumb.JPG.6bb52701afa07056bdcc62fb4885bb5c.JPG

West view over to our canoe landing spot

In winter frozen and snowed in – with our Wolf walking by

Wolf.thumb.JPG.a0fc7fbfd93c4f8ab1ccade0c993ae24.JPG

In summer with Peter coming up the creek

DSCN3831.thumb.JPG.2c19647b9892c9b6fe6b279b31fec31f.JPG

and with a young Bear swimming across towards our house

DSC_0157.thumb.JPG.148906e144ce36e725b1b38d209c1fca.JPG

The view East is into the forest and blueberry meadows

DSCN3023.thumb.JPG.01277e796562016e7922a98becda85af.JPG

and the view right from our east deck to where the hummingbird feeders are attracting a big Black Bear

DSCN2637.thumb.JPG.8cf2e85ea5476ac218a86bc76bcdaf92.JPG

and me, still in jemmies checking out our resident Fox

DSCN6515.thumb.JPG.38b086f4849c3d0016ac800a4ec562f4.JPG

DSCN8358.JPG

Edited by Mi-Shell
DownUnderNZer

Some great images indeed.

Mi-shell's is truly astounding! Nature at it's best...

I'm fortunate to have lots of wild native trees around me as well as parks, one or two water areas and so forth near by. The sea isn't far away either.

I say wild because none seem to be clipped or maintained - so grow free. 

When the birds chirp (none to be seen right now I'm afraid) at different times its mostly from this area. I really love listening to them in the early hours of the morning. Reminds me of the country...

DND 🌞

IMG_20210302_163012.jpg

My view changed awhile ago when owners sold house.  Now there is a fence with a garden dividing my place and theirs.  SO THIS area is what I see looking out living room or kitchen windows.  Daffodils, hyacinth and some others are already coming up.  This pic is from today.

ang.jpg

DownUnderNZer
On 4/7/2021 at 5:20 AM, GreatDane said:

Spring is definitely here.  Tree is flowering and I am starting to see tips of irises that should open.  At least I get new views as seasons change, progress 🙂

garden2421 (2).jpg

Love the green and Spring colours of your photo image.

I think having trees and plants around is just so relaxing and soothing.

Feel sorry for those that live in cities where the view is a brick wall or another apartment building next door.

Nothing like nature...

DND 🌞

Amen to that, DND!  Just opening my blinds and seeing that across the parking lot is great.  Winter...not as much, but now and summer :-).

I still want MI-SHELL to adopt me! 🙂    I feel like I'm watching a nature channel when she posts pix.

I don't miss living in the big city at all!  Los Angeles, Phoenix....couldn't do it again.