Stralsunder Lenormand

joy

Donnaleigh has a few links to websites for downloading free lenormand decks.This one I like a lot:

https://www.wopc.co.uk/germany/vss/lenormand

but is this really ok to download and print for personal use with regards to copyright? Of course I sent 2 messages already to the owner of the website and a message on Twitter but I am not getting any reply.....

I would buy it but where I am we have extreme difficulties in getting mail in right now....

Thanks a mill @katrinkaI was really confused if that is public domain or not. It does not mention anywhere how cards can be used.

I saw that deck you have linked to and I like it! Hope for improvement it is really going for far too long.....

The cards themselves are in the public domain; the photographs may not be. But I cannot see any disclaimer.

I’ve never liked that deck but it is popular.

5 hours ago, timtoldrum said:

I’ve never liked that deck but it is popular.

The infamous crossed Scythes deck, lol. Along with a few other issues. 
But all in all, I've seen much worse. 🙂

Edited by katrinka

17 minutes ago, katrinka said:

The infamous crossed Scythes deck, lol. Along with a few other issues. 
But all in all, I've seen much worse. 🙂

Very much so. If I am honest, I am not too sure what it is about it. I had the reproduction but just couldn’t connect with it (It was the same with the Madame Marrow). But I liked the water voles on the Mice card. But I love the Brepols and the Buntë that most people dislike lol. 

The Buntë is excellent. Not completely stark, there's some interesting details - but it has a neatness about it. It reads clearly.

If I'm honest, I don't use the Stralsunder a lot, either. And I'm not sure why. I like it well enough, it's just not one I take out often.

Oh well! I printed it and had it laminated and for learning I guess it will do and has to do. At least it has the inserts. And let us all keep our fingers crossed that the mailing system improves quickly! It has been going for almost 6 months.... and to bring in anything by FedEx is not an option....

Most of the great old decks have a flaw or two, but far fewer than the new ones tend to have!
And you like it. I think it will make a good practice deck! 🙂

On 4/4/2021 at 12:24 AM, joy said:

Right and noticed now of course the crossed Scythes 🙄😂

Generally speaking, the tip of the blade tells you where the danger arises.

So with the Starslunder you a) have two sources b) but you also need a spread that has cards below the Scythe. 

The are several Lenormand cards that have directional nuances.  But they can overwhelm beginners — or become overdone. Also not all readers agree on the cards or the cues. 

Some cards’ directions are vertical (Tree, High Tower, Mountain and the Paths).  The Clouds, the Scythe and the Cross cards can be considered as having both horizontal and vertical directions.

But all of these are best left until you have a good understanding of the card. You need that robust understanding as it’s not just about the “tip is danger” but facets of the card’s essence. 

Edited by Guest