Lozzy complete guide to lenormand workbook edition by Lozzy Philips

HOLMES

https://lozzyslenormand.com/

Is the webpage 

She also has more specific workbooks on love and career spefically

Ever want all the basics of Lenormand Card reading in one place?

In this 200 + page downloadable reference guide & workbook, I guide the reader, step by step, through the fundamentals of the Lenormand system.

Including:
Detailed Card Meaning in context & Card Combination lists
Step by step illustrated guide to all main Lenormand layouts: 3-Card, 5-Card, 9-Card, & The Grand Tableau. With example readings.
Practical advice on working with Lenormand day-to-day
Exercises & Practice Readings to test any aspiring Lenormand reader’s knowledge!
Links from PDF to downloadable worksheets & reference materials

You can also get the paperback at amazon. 

Let the discussion begin

I'm biased to give my opinion, because I was the one who recommended her name. However, I would like to highlight some posts that made me think a lot and clarified some of my old doubts about how to position myself as a reader of Lenormand.

Maybe some of her writings can help others who, like me, struggle to make sense of all the info they've gathered so far.

DownUnderNZer

@HOLMES

From what I have read so far in regards to what Lozzy has written - it is clear and explains it rather well and especially for those that use different websites and various resources thus causing confusion. 👍

I saw some book examples when AT was up and running with obvious flaws so am hoping hers is like what she writes except perhaps adhering to one "school".

Will take a better look at it later, but what I've read so far is quite promising.

Good find!

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer

Just did her quick quiz and got 24/25 - the combination one. That was a lot of fun! Mind you, I did go with what I thought was the best answer as it was a bit tricky. So, it seems I made some very lucky guesses.

I think she follows the French method from some of her combinations like Bear+Woman being a Wealthy woman.

Anyways, a fantastic tool for those that are learning  to see if they have the basics down with combinations perhaps, but I do wonder about some of her combinations.

Wish this was around when I was exposed to the Lenormand back in the early 2000s and lots of fun like that!

When I say "wonder" Im not sure about about a few like this one:

To me Rider would be Information/Messages/Updates and Book would be Information in the way of research and studies

Snake+Rider to me would be difficult or wrongful news/message/information.

I tend to see Book+Snake as a learning disorder/issue with studies/research problems/problematic or troublesome knowledge.

Must be what she was taught maybe.

ADDING: If Incorrect/wrong/problematic knowledge  or Knowledge not correct was written there I would have gone with that over Snake+Rider.

Books most certainly do contain information though so it is what it is.

09/04/2021

So, it is now 2:35am and I have taken a look at samples of her book.

Just been reading parts of it that she has allowed to be sampled and it is clear and basic, but doesn't go in-depth. She does explain things rather well but not anything that isn't already out there perhaps through other sources and/or books. She does keep it simple which is good and I do like the clarity.

Note: Added and sorted a few things out a bit more.

Screenshot_20210408_130337.jpg

Edited by DownUnderNZer
Correction & Adding Info.

I don't do "modern French" and there's a few there that I strongly disagree with, even in that context. IIRC, "sex" for Whips/Birchrods was something that got cooked up in a facebook group in 2013 or so. There's nothing confusing about Clouds, people seem to conflate it with fog. She completely ignores the borders/boundaries/isolation aspect of the Tower, and doesn't even mention things like timing or health meanings. This is a much better free resource: https://www.spirisfeed.com/lana-download/lenormand-course/

But she's not incoherent and she doesn't have youtube videos with sock puppets in them like that other woman. I'd still recommend cracking a good book, though. 😉 

Lozzy Phillips states that she often follows what is said to be French School.  That is: Mary Marco and Jeanine Goffinet.  Neither Delclos nor Silvestre follow Marco. 

Going back to her site, it is nice to see mentions of the essence and function of the emblem.

"...that underlying core, or essence of the meanings, based in the function of the symbol of the cards. I don’t, though, follow a rigid or ‘pure’ set of rules or believe there’s only one way to read. I don’t know many readers who do.

That said, I couldn’t, for instance, suddenly decide that the Storks means “terrible danger” or “pink” or even “watch out for pigeon droppings.” I have to ensure I’m sticking broadly with core and established meanings, based on the underlying essence of the card. I only apply those outward to different circumstances in order to focus them. It doesn’t change the fundamental underlying meaning."

In her article on financial cards, she gives a rather strange argument against money being the Fishes' root meaning.  It is: "primarily that of freedom and independence."   

The association of the Fishes with independence (one I use myself) comes directly from being financially independent.  One cannot be free or independent without the necessary wherewithal.  Traditionally, the Fishes card shows a school of fish (hence, fishes) in the sea.  It is a symbol of affluence and variety.  So, here, essence has been forsaken for master cards.

The difference between the Bear and the Fishes card (imho) is that the Bear is about our financial standing.  Bears metabolise fat.  In economic terms, it is the interest gained on savings, ISAs, life insurance.  It is money you've got and can keep in reserve.   The Fishes are the flow of money: your income and outgoings.   You need a regular catch.  

On an aside, German readers do also associate the Bear with prosperity, as money is a form of power.   Both Ute Dietrich and Treppner include references to prosperity, property and possessions.   The association can also be found in Eastern Europe. That is because it derives from the original instructions.

Edited by Guest
Typo

5 hours ago, timtoldrum said:

Lozzy Phillips states that she often follows what is said to be French School.  That is: Mary Marco and Jeanine Goffinet.  Neither Delclos nor Silvestre follow Marco. 

In her article on financial cards, she gives a rather strange argument against money being the Fishes' root meaning.  It is: "primarily that of freedom and independence."   

The association of the Fishes with independence (one I use myself) comes directly from being financially independent.  One cannot be free or independent without the necessary wherewithal.  Traditionally, the Fishes card shows a school of fish (hence, fishes) in the sea.  It is a symbol of affluence and variety.  So, here, essence has been forsaken for master cards.

Yes, and she says this:

"The Fish goes its own way freely, going with the flow, picking up what it can and what it needs on the way, hence the more day-to-day “cashflow” meaning of the card."

She seems to think in terms of BEING a fish. It isn't about that. The Fish are something you get, or hope to get. A good haul.

The difference between the Bear and the Fishes card (imho) is that the Bear is about our financial standing.  Bears metabolise fat.  In economic terms, it is the interest gained on savings, ISAs, life insurance.  It is money you've got and can keep in reserve.   The Fishes are the flow of money: your income and outgoings.   You need a regular catch.  

Yes. 
One (good, IME) interpretation of the Fish in certain combinations is money in the thousands. Maybe a tax return, stimulus check, or bonus. But that's money that gets spent: you catch up on your bills and buy a few things. So I sometimes read it as a windfall, but nothing like Bear. As you stated, Bear is money that people don't have to spend. A bear puts on so much fat over the summer it's able to live all winter without food. Living all winter without income would leave most of us in a sorry state indeed. We can't accumulate enough to do that, it's just money in - money out for most people.

On an aside, German readers do also associate the Bear with prosperity, as money is a form of power.   Both Ute Dietrich and Treppner include references to prosperity, property and possessions.   The association can also be found in Eastern Europe. That is because it derives from the original instructions.

True. I think we talked about this before, a long time ago. My Bear takes on some of your Tower meanings.
And that's an important point, IMHO. The meanings should all be there. Some of them may be swapped around, but we need all of them.

Edited by katrinka

7 hours ago, timtoldrum said:

That's what I think about these cards too. Thanks for reinforce that!