Hello from Brazil.

It's quite akward to write about me, but I was kindly advised to do so let's do it. My name is Fabrício and I'm from (like the title says) Brazil.

I've been dabbling into divination since 1983, when I discovered Tarot (Marseille deck, to make things worse 🙂). Not longer after, a RWS deck came to rescue me. Some years later, through Ralph Blum's book (I know, it's not the most advisable source), Runes came to my attention. I loved the direct, almost raw, way the stones could answer my questions. I was so excited about them, I even wrote a blog (in Portuguese, my mother tongue) about their meanings and ways of reading them. However, after studying more about them (I am an insatiable student), both about the alphabet and its variants (young, old, German, English, etc.) and in similar oracular forms (Ogham, in particular), I was a little disappointed with certain arrogance of some groups, who claimed to be the holders of genuine information.

I turned to Tarot again. A myriad of decks populated the fledgling Internet. It seemed to me that it would be easier to learn better what the cards meant. For a while, it was, until I was faced with the dichotomy 'intuitive versus established meanings' of the cards. Hence to aversion to interpretations that were simply cut short in "guessing", it did not take long. But I continued my studies: Rachel Pollack, Benebell Wen, Joan Bunning, Gail Fairfield, Mary K. Greer (to name a few) and Ciro Marchetti's wonderful decks helping me.

Time cut to 2014: I discovered Lenormand through Donnaleigh Delarose and her YouTube videos. Soon after, Iris Treppner and her Internet course. Rana George! Andy Boroveshengra. I became more and more enthused and saw similarities with the Runes in the frankness and in the objective (sometimes very sincere) form of the messages obtained. However, Lenormand managed to be even more concrete and practical in what it said (and says). Enthusiastic about the new system and taking advantage of the immense living library of the Internet, I went in search of more information, more exchange of ideas, and the social networking groups seemed to me to be opportune. I was quickly disappointed, as I only observed people inventing meanings for their readings, people not accepting the messages received by their cards and spreads, or simply claiming to be the holders of the rites of this or that 'tradition'.

This is why I am here: I want to learn, share what little I know, talk about Lenormand. I hope it can be possible. 

Edited by Guest

What a great intro . Very detailed. 

And oh my you are well studied. 

What are your favourites lenormand. 

For me it has to have playing cardsinsert somewhere. So i moved away from decks without them 

Like for example i am watching an unboxing video on tbe 1889 lenormand  . Does that deck interest you? 

Welcome 

6 minutes ago, HOLMES said:

What a great intro . Very detailed. 

And oh my you are well studied. 

I'm old, that is. 🙂

My favourite Lenormand decks are Rana George's and Mystical. Rana's has inserts, Mystical doesn't. I'm attracted to both for different reasons: Rana's 'completeness' and that lovely golden sheen (not to mention those extra cards about work and sex, for those difficult moments when you can't make out of the topics on the 36 originals); Mystical's imagery, which strikes my fancy and piques my imagetic intuition (my link to the Divine). I tend to like decks with a very clear image, like Thelema (which I don't own - yet). Cards insets are a welcome addition, but not obligatory. 

Talking about Tarot, Ciro Marchetti's Tarot Grand Luxe (for the imagery) and Melanie Marquis's & Scott Murphy's Modern Spellcaster's Tarot (for the innovative take and messages obtained) are my favourites. Do you use Tarot? Which are your favourites?

I got 2 coolers full of tarot decks, one cooler of books, and one big box of tarot books. 

My last tarot i brought myself was radiant wise spirit tarot but i got so many that is hard to really say is my favorite. Some tarot of top of my head

Pictorial key to tarot, thelma thoth, the white box thoth, totems tarot, mermaids was good. Ohh green witch, and unversal celtic was good. I out grew some.. like used to take my vampire of the rising sun every where when i used to read at fairs. 

I really like my deck of thousand spreads but on last leg due to overuse.(tried to ask author to reprint the lenormand houses deck but it didnt sell well so advise me to make my own ).

So i am going to show you my only 5 cards i got for lenormand.. 

Easy lenormand my first deck. At first i thought it was too simple but it grew on me .

I am sure i got the under the roses next.. pretty deck.

Then the blue birds lenormand second edition.

Alexandre muskruck is a pretty deck the colouring gives it to me and old time feel. 

And the thelma lebormand which i hardly use for i just got it before the pandemic and no doubt you read of my others coming in the mail. Since you dont have it i picked 6 cards( not a reading as i personally picked them wuth my eye)

For beauty i would rank them 

1. Thelma lenirmand

2. Alexandre dusk

3. Under the roses

4. Bluebird

5. Easy /french lenormand.

20210407_225239.jpg

19 hours ago, HOLMES said:

I got 2 coolers full of tarot decks, one cooler of books, and one big box of tarot books. 

My last tarot i brought myself was radiant wise spirit tarot but i got so many that is hard to really say is my favorite. Some tarot of top of my head

Pictorial key to tarot, thelma thoth, the white box thoth, totems tarot, mermaids was good. Ohh green witch, and unversal celtic was good. I out grew some.. like used to take my vampire of the rising sun every where when i used to read at fairs. 

I really like my deck of thousand spreads but on last leg due to overuse.(tried to ask author to reprint the lenormand houses deck but it didnt sell well so advise me to make my own ).

So i am going to show you my only 5 cards i got for lenormand.. 

Easy lenormand my first deck. At first i thought it was too simple but it grew on me .

I am sure i got the under the roses next.. pretty deck.

Then the blue birds lenormand second edition.

Alexandre muskruck is a pretty deck the colouring gives it to me and old time feel. 

And the thelma lebormand which i hardly use for i just got it before the pandemic and no doubt you read of my others coming in the mail. Since you dont have it i picked 6 cards( not a reading as i personally picked them wuth my eye)

For beauty i would rank them 

1. Thelma lenirmand

2. Alexandre dusk

3. Under the roses

4. Bluebird

5. Easy /french lenormand.

20210407_225239.jpg

The first and the last were my favourites!