The man and woman card in each others house in a Grand Tableau. How to read this?

Luna

Okay, so I've been reading Grand Tableaus for a few years now and am still learning some new things.  I love the G.T.s, and have offered them to many family members, friends and a few other people  as well with surprisingly good results and amazingly (sometimes) very accurate predictions!  YEA! 

But the one thing that always stumps me is when doing the G.T. and the man card falls in the house of the Lady card or vice-versa.  Then many months ago, I read somewhere - (online? in my many Lenny books?) that the man card landing in the house of the lady, points to a couple.  And, viola! I thought, "THATS GREAT!!!"  and even had this happen for a reading for someone, where the man card did fall into the house of lady and so I used that and the client receiving the reading fully understood it as that too.  

However, now I am reading for someone who is a widow and not at all interested at this time in her life with having a new partner at all.   She has totally accepted and is comfortable with being alone - though her children and grandchildren are all around her and keep her quite busy, as does her full time job and her good friends of many decades---(including me too!).  And, she asked me for another lenormand reading.  I throw out the cards and there she is - the lady card in the house of man!  Now, I know for a fact that she is NOT interested in looking for a relationship with a new partner in any way, shape or form.  Her life is full as it is and she's happy with things as they are.  So I know its not a partnership/couple thingy about to happen.  I wonder, therefore, if it is one of these following things:

1.  Could it mean that she is about to take on a position that is generally considered a man's role?

2.  Could it mean that she and one of her adult sons are about to do something together?

3.  Could it mean she may be working with a man that she will develop a working relationship with--(as this is the only sort of partnership with a man I could imagine she will be okay with).

I feel it is either a partnership, which could fit with #2 or #3 OR she is going to be put into a role of leadership regardless of what she really wants to do.  (She says she will turn it down, but she is the type that generally gives in the big boss at work).  hmmm...such a dilemma here.  I'm pretty much leaning towards it being #3.  But she's been partnered with the same woman teacher for nearly 10/12 years now--and they work great together, and I just cannot see that duo being broken apart, as a result.  

So, any of you lenormand wonders out there, who have been reading for many years now or - anyone who is familiar with GT's and this sort of placement, have any ideas for me?  I could just give her both scenarios, I guess.............

Thank you in advance!

DownUnderNZer

@Luna

Be fantastic to see your whole GT and especially the surrounding cards of the MAN and WOMAN houses. Like a 9 square perhaps.

Did she ask for a general overview or a specific question?

I love the use of Houses as it adds more depth and layers to the GT I reckon.

In general - WOMAN on MAN could be the querent (if female) associating with a male or that one will be on her mind quite strongly for some reason.

Is it to her past though or in the future?

What surrounds those two houses in close proximity may indicate what it is all about as well.

Look at all the flanking cards and see if that paints more of a picture in some way.

DND 🌞

58 minutes ago, Luna said:

1.  Could it mean that she is about to take on a position that is generally considered a man's role?

2.  Could it mean that she and one of her adult sons are about to do something together?

3.  Could it mean she may be working with a man that she will develop a working relationship with--(as this is the only sort of partnership with a man I could imagine she will be okay with).

The Man is important to the sitter during the time covered by the reading. He doesn't have to be a partner. So:

1. Probably not, as it's a person card rather than a position. The only exception would be if the person whose duties she was taking over was important to her, and there were other cards to support a work environment. Then she would be "in his house" (office, shop, as the case may be.)

2. That's a strong possibility. The Man is often a relative.
3. Yes, it can be completely platonic.

Edited by katrinka

On 6/2/2021 at 3:59 PM, DownUnderNZer said:

@Luna

Be fantastic to see your whole GT and especially the surrounding cards of the MAN and WOMAN houses. Like a 9 square perhaps.

Did she ask for a general overview or a specific question?

I love the use of Houses as it adds more depth and layers to the GT I reckon.

In general - WOMAN on MAN could be the querent (if female) associating with a male or that one will be on her mind quite strongly for some reason.

Is it to her past though or in the future?

What surrounds those two houses in close proximity may indicate what it is all about as well.

Look at all the flanking cards and see if that paints more of a picture in some way.

DND 🌞

Oh, DownUnder.  🙂  I'm sorry--yes, I should've done that.  You are one of the readers I was hoping to hear from on this.  I did already send my friend her reading, and we're going to talk about it later this weekend, (or plan to).  Anyway, here is the layout of the cards.

Lily……….Scythe……….Path…….Garden……Ship……….Flowers……….Tree……….Sun

Dog……….Bear………...Book…….Mice………Stars……...Ring…………...Fox……….Home

Mntn……...Coffin………..Moon…....Fish……….Heart……..Cross………..Whip……….Clover

Stork……..Rider………..Birds……..Lady……....Clouds…….Child………...Snake……..Tower

…………………………..Man……...Key………..Anchor……..Letter…………………………….

My apologies for taking so long to get back.  We are having a CRAZY month here.  May and June both have been nutsy with people coming and going and whatnot.  lol!

She just asked for a general reading for the next few months.  Sometimes I do a one month reading for her, sometimes I do it as a 3 month reading for her--so we had this one for all of the summer and into the start of school.   (She is a teacher assistant).  She didn't specifically ask me to read about her job, but was interested if it would pop up in there because later this summer she is going to be trained for a different position that she is not thrilled about being put into.  I don't think she really has a choice though and will go into it.  She will be retiring in 3 years anyway, so she won't complain too much about it with her bosses.

She could be thinking of her deceased husband, who died many years ago, at a fairly young age.  He was desperately ill, sadly enough.  They married very young and had a great marriage and I know she misses him desperately, so yes, she could be thinking of him and perhaps that is why she is in the house of man.  (I also JUST noticed that the man and lady cards are connected by hte birds card and so another thought just came to me--- her husband comes to me now and again in spirit, and has also come to two other 'medium' friends in our little group of friends.  In fact, her husband was also a psychic-medium himself, though he and the one other friend do not practice the trade.  I wonder IF he is trying to tell her something?  She loves all this 'psychic' and 'medium mystic' stuff, but she only goes to me and one other friend for readings.  So now I am wondering if this may be also indicating a message he is trying hard to deliver to her?  The birds card between them could indicate that, I think--what do you think?

Thank you again for your post and I hope you see this and can respond with more information for me/us.  :)

On 6/2/2021 at 4:10 PM, katrinka said:

The Man is important to the sitter during the time covered by the reading. He doesn't have to be a partner. So:

1. Probably not, as it's a person card rather than a position. The only exception would be if the person whose duties she was taking over was important to her, and there were other cards to support a work environment. Then she would be "in his house" (office, shop, as the case may be.)

2. That's a strong possibility. The Man is often a relative.
3. Yes, it can be completely platonic.

Thank you, Katrinka for your response, and also excuse my lateness in responding back.  Again--we have had so much going on of late here and its been crazy busy here.  

Anyway, so, now the same question to you--as you can now see in my response to DownUnder, where I also included the layout of the cards I pulled.  I just noticed that the man card (in the house of key) and the lady card are connected by the birds card which is in the house of letter.  So, I wonder if it might be her deceased husband trying to connect with her and give her some information as well?  What do you think about that possibility?

In case you do not read my full response to DownUnder above, her deceased husband was also a psychic-medium, though he really did not practice the trade.  We also have other friends who are psychic, healers and mediums, and 2 of us are also card readers, though as far as the mediums go in this group of friends, only myself and one other are actually offering our readings to others in a business.  The others just have the ability and love it--participate in various groups to develop it more, and just have fun with it, now again.  So could it be that her husband is trying to make contact with her, do you think?

Thank you again for your help.

5 hours ago, Luna said:

Anyway, so, now the same question to you--as you can now see in my response to DownUnder, where I also included the layout of the cards I pulled.  I just noticed that the man card (in the house of key) and the lady card are connected by the birds card which is in the house of letter.  So, I wonder if it might be her deceased husband trying to connect with her and give her some information as well?  What do you think about that possibility?

6 hours ago, Luna said:

Lily……….Scythe……….Path…….Garden……Ship……….Flowers……….Tree……….Sun

Dog……….Bear………...Book…….Mice………Stars……...Ring…………...Fox……….Home

Mntn……...Coffin………..Moon…....Fish……….Heart……..Cross………..Whip……….Clover

Stork……..Rider………..Birds……..Lady……....Clouds…….Child………...Snake……..Tower

…………………………..Man……...Key………..Anchor……..Letter…………………………….

I don't put much emphasis on houses as I never found them particularly relevant.
Birds here are very close to the significator and that isn't good - it would be much better if it was far away. So it takes on a negative inflection and talks about stress, chatter, hecticness and the like. It's possible that in her grief, she's mistaking noise for signal, that is, taking random things as signs that he's trying to communicate. She's "looking too hard."

Stars are the card of esotericism (including mediumship) and they're behind the Mice and stopped by the Cross. I wouldn't say he was trying to communicate at present on the basis of this tableau.

On 6/24/2021 at 5:27 PM, katrinka said:

I don't put much emphasis on houses as I never found them particularly relevant.
Birds here are very close to the significator and that isn't good - it would be much better if it was far away. So it takes on a negative inflection and talks about stress, chatter, hecticness and the like. It's possible that in her grief, she's mistaking noise for signal, that is, taking random things as signs that he's trying to communicate. She's "looking too hard."

Stars are the card of esotericism (including mediumship) and they're behind the Mice and stopped by the Cross. I wouldn't say he was trying to communicate at present on the basis of this tableau.

I never knew that birds being so close to the significator was a bad omen.  No, she did not indicate he is trying to communicate with her--that was solely my thoughts.  But, she is always stressed, poor thing.  Thank you for your post.  I also did not realize the stars card was a card of mediumship. I'd have thought it was the moon.  Or maybe I did know that and forgot about it.  I would especially see it so if the star was in the moon card or the moon card in the house of stars, as I do pay attention to the homes.  t.y.!

49 minutes ago, Luna said:

I never knew that birds being so close to the significator was a bad omen.  No, she did not indicate he is trying to communicate with her--that was solely my thoughts.  But, she is always stressed, poor thing. 

The Philippe Lenormand sheet says Birds are "Hardships to overcome, but of short duration; distant from the Person it means the accomplishment of a Pleasant journey."
The PL sheet is worth the time it takes to familiarize yourself with it, as it's the oldest instruction we have other than the Spiel der Hoffnung and it's at the root of the meanings we use now, especially in Distance reading.
https://marygreer.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/evening-worlds-magazine-tell-fortunes-1903-version-21.jpg

Reading combinations, including houses, is rooted in "close" meanings.

49 minutes ago, Luna said:

Thank you for your post.  I also did not realize the stars card was a card of mediumship. I'd have thought it was the moon.  Or maybe I did know that and forgot about it.  I would especially see it so if the star was in the moon card or the moon card in the house of stars, as I do pay attention to the homes.  t.y.!

I just see the Moon as fame, reputation and evening. I'm not saying nobody reads it as mysticism, etc. - I've seen people do that but never incorporated it myself, as I can't verify that it's not a modern idea imported from Tarot.

Stars get the mystic inflection from astrology. If you have an astrology card, it makes sense to have it stand in for esoteric practices in general.

Late to the party, I know, but when the Significators are in each other’s houses it often infers a stalemate or waiting on each other.

Houses are the domain of the cards. Think of them as chambers in a large house. Although we give them meanings, it is more about agency. 

If the Gentleman is in the House of the Lady, he’s in the Lady’s room. Her territory.

So you look for her.If she is in his room… they’re waiting for each other.

If she was in the Key’s room, you could say she holds the solution to sorting the Gentleman out.

In the Fox’s house, she’s manipulating him to her end. 

The Lenormand’s Moon is closer to the traditional astrological moon. The moon is the consort of the sun: she is the body, he is the soul. He is the powerful, she is common man.

As she reflects the Sun’s light (success), she shows how successful we are in the eyes of others. 

The Stars refers to celestial cosmos, direction and navigation.

These were and are the preserves of Mercury. Mercury is the planet of divination and fortune telling. So the Stars rules all this area.

Edited by Guest

On 7/3/2021 at 1:22 PM, katrinka said:

The Philippe Lenormand sheet says Birds are "Hardships to overcome, but of short duration; distant from the Person it means the accomplishment of a Pleasant journey."
The PL sheet is worth the time it takes to familiarize yourself with it, as it's the oldest instruction we have other than the Spiel der Hoffnung and it's at the root of the meanings we use now, especially in Distance reading.
https://marygreer.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/evening-worlds-magazine-tell-fortunes-1903-version-21.jpg

Reading combinations, including houses, is rooted in "close" meanings.

I just see the Moon as fame, reputation and evening. I'm not saying nobody reads it as mysticism, etc. - I've seen people do that but never incorporated it myself, as I can't verify that it's not a modern idea imported from Tarot.

Stars get the mystic inflection from astrology. If you have an astrology card, it makes sense to have it stand in for esoteric practices in general.

Again, thanks for this, Katrinka.  This is the first I've ever heard of "The Philippe Lenormand sheet".  I will look at it and download it to my computer.  

On 7/3/2021 at 3:22 PM, timtoldrum said:

Late to the party, I know, but when the Significators are in each other’s houses it often infers a stalemate or waiting on each other.

Houses are the domain of the cards. Think of them as chambers in a large house. Although we give them meanings, it is more about agency. 

If the Gentleman is in the House of the Lady, he’s in the Lady’s room. Her territory.

So you look for her.If she is in his room… they’re waiting for each other.

If she was in the Key’s room, you could say she holds the solution to sorting the Gentleman out.

In the Fox’s house, she’s manipulating him to her end. 

The Lenormand’s Moon is closer to the traditional astrological moon. The moon is the consort of the sun: she is the body, he is the soul. He is the powerful, she is common man.

As she reflects the Sun’s light (success), she shows how successful we are in the eyes of others. 

The Stars refers to celestial cosmos, direction and navigation.

These were and are the preserves of Mercury. Mercury is the planet of divination and fortune telling. So the Stars rules all this area.

And, thank you too, timtoldrum.  No, not 'late' - as this is also something I didn't know.  So learning more all the time.  I'm glad you added this, and I'll do my best to remember it when I am doing another lenormand reading.  In fact, I just did another Lenormand reading since the one I was speaking of here, for a customer and her lady card and her husbands 'man' card were connected by the sun card between them.  I did see it as her being proud with his success--(he is moving from one job to another and its a big career move).  They are both a bit excited and also anxious about it and she wanted to know what the reading could say about his first month there.  After these last two posts, I will go have a second look and update her if I see anything new to add.  Appreciate it! 🙂 

I myself have done a GT and in the fourth row in the past, there's me in the man's place and the man in my place. I see it as a hookup or both parties are already attached to other people but a fling occurred since it's in the past and the future looks bleak...lol In the same reading the moon card was in the moon position, so the emotions were overwhelming. 

I see in your reading from what you wrote that the woman is the head of the household and plays both the provider and nurturer in her family.