What's The Postman Bringing?

Glass Owl

The Borderless Universal Fantasy is here!! I have loved  this deck for years as it is a beautiful deck, but the figures on some of the cards still remain very small. It is a talker though and I am looking forward to working with it once again. I will just keep the magnifier close at hand. 🙂

Nordica De Spell
On 6/14/2019 at 9:54 PM, JustPeachy said:

My Everyday Witch got here this afternoon! I think I'm going to go feel her up right now! :stick_amok:

Congrats!

Have you had a chance to look at the cards/do a spread with it, yet? 

(Mine is as of yet unopened — I TRY to go slow with unwrappings, and savour the opened ones first!)

1 hour ago, Nordica De Spell said:

Congrats!

Have you had a chance to look at the cards/do a spread with it, yet? 

(Mine is as of yet unopened — I TRY to go slow with unwrappings, and savour the opened ones first!)

I did open them and lingered over each one, lovingly. I like this deck a lot and the art work is really sweet in its way, the cards are very expressive and original and they feel wonderful in hand. I haven't done a spread yet. Maybe tomorrow I'll do the Deck Interview with her....something to look forward too. I can see myself using this one on a regular basis. Lemme know what you think of yours, and don't let it sit too long! You might just be missing out on something. 😉

Nordica De Spell
3 hours ago, JustPeachy said:

I did open them and lingered over each one, lovingly. I like this deck a lot and the art work is really sweet in its way, the cards are very expressive and original and they feel wonderful in hand. I haven't done a spread yet. Maybe tomorrow I'll do the Deck Interview with her....something to look forward too. I can see myself using this one on a regular basis. Lemme know what you think of yours, and don't let it sit too long! You might just be missing out on something. 😉

I wanted this deck since it came out, and it was a birthday gift! 🙂 

Some decks are so easy to bring out and use! and from the pictures online, I’d believe you that this could be one of those... 

With deck interviews, may I ask — do you tend to do those according to a specific set of questions, or is it more like a spur of the moment conversation?

(I haven’t done one myself yet, but I’ve read a few great ones published on tarot blogs, and was thinking What A Great Idea!) 🤗

Edited to add: Of course I’ll tell you what I think, once I do get around to it! (And I’ve seen that there are more forum members here whom have also got this deck!) 🌷

Edited by Nordica De Spell

44 minutes ago, Nordica De Spell said:

With deck interviews, may I ask — do you tend to do those according to a specific set of questions, or is it more like a spur of the moment conversation?

(I haven’t done one myself yet, but I’ve read a few great ones published on tarot blogs, and was thinking What A Great Idea!) 🤗

Here's the Deck Interview that I have used. Deck Interview Spread

So far I've only used it on 2 decks with mixed results. We'll see how the third round goes. :classic_laugh:

Nordica De Spell
7 hours ago, JustPeachy said:

Here's the Deck Interview that I have used. Deck Interview Spread

So far I've only used it on 2 decks with mixed results. We'll see how the third round goes. :classic_laugh:

Oh, off topic, but I LOVE that woman’s table! It’s unceremonious and unassuming, yet clean and neat with a pretty cloth (it’s lovely!) and a candle and what looks like one single stone/crystal (with an attitude) for the spread itself... ...One can easily imagine many a cup of tea (or coffee) on it throughout the years, and even a bit of cookie crumble... and it reminds me of some kitchens from childhood (well, not the tarot deck, obviously; which incidentally is a copy of the first tarot deck I ever bought, a long time ago now; The Tarot Of The Cat People.) 

(In my teen years.) 🐈

Back from the nostalgia; once unwrapped I’ll try this reading for my deck as well! (The Everyday Witch.) 

We’ll see how that goes! And Thanks for sharing the lovely link! It’s so inspiring! 🌸

(If you’d want to, I can share which cards come up for me in my interview with it — through pm or a thread on the forum. ONLY if you’d be interested in that, of course!

🌸 🌸 💜

Edited by Nordica De Spell

Today Mister postman brought me the Deck of the Bastard Tarot (standard edition).

Nevertheless, I chose a custom-made back because I'm a bit arachnophobic and the standard back has a spider on it, so...

Well, very nice deck that looks to have been used during 100 years (at least!); the cardstock is amazing!

Deck of the Bastard time (I have as well the Red Samhain for a little while too!) 💀:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Decan

12 hours ago, Nordica De Spell said:

Oh, off topic, but I LOVE that woman’s table! It’s unceremonious and unassuming, yet clean and neat with a pretty cloth (it’s lovely!) and a candle and what looks like one single stone/crystal (with an attitude) for the spread itself... ...One can easily imagine many a cup of tea (or coffee) on it throughout the years, and even a bit of cookie crumble... and it reminds me of some kitchens from childhood (well, not the tarot deck, obviously; which incidentally is a copy of the first tarot deck I ever bought, a long time ago now; The Tarot Of The Cat People.) 

(In my teen years.) 🐈

Back from the nostalgia; once unwrapped I’ll try this reading for my deck as well! (The Everyday Witch.) 

We’ll see how that goes! And Thanks for sharing the lovely link! It’s so inspiring! 🌸

(If you’d want to, I can share which cards come up for me in my interview with it — through pm or a thread on the forum. ONLY if you’d be interested in that, of course!

🌸 🌸 💜

I would love to share the readings with you! Glad you liked the spread. I like her website too, even though I haven't looked too closely at all of the spreads. I wanted to get to The Everyday Witch today but it just didn't happen. It's still in my near future though.

The postman delivered my 5th deck today...yes, I am out of control! It's the Druid Craft Tarot by Philip Carr-Gomm, Stephanie Carr-Gomm, Will Worthington :stick_amok:

29 minutes ago, JustPeachy said:

The postman delivered my 5th deck today...yes, I am out of control! It's the Druid Craft Tarot by Philip Carr-Gomm, Stephanie Carr-Gomm, Will Worthington :stick_amok:

You got the bug :rofl:❤️

I

21 hours ago, joy said:

You got the bug :rofl:❤️

I think that instead of feeding or starving for that pesky ol bug it SHOULD be buy a deck!!!!  Works for me!!!

59 minutes ago, Quester said:

I

I think that instead of feeding or starving for that pesky ol bug it SHOULD be buy a deck!!!!  Works for me!!!

I agree, an itch can only be really satisfied by scratching it! :classic_laugh:

Nordica De Spell
On 6/17/2019 at 11:36 PM, JustPeachy said:

The postman delivered my 5th deck today...yes, I am out of control! It's the Druid Craft Tarot by Philip Carr-Gomm, Stephanie Carr-Gomm, Will Worthington

I’m a Wildwood person myself. But I really don’t think that you could go wrong with the Druid Craft either! 🙂 🙂 

59 minutes ago, Nordica De Spell said:

I’m a Wildwood person myself. But I really don’t think that you could go wrong with the Druid Craft either! 🙂 🙂 

I also have the Wildwood deck but haven't spent much time with it aside from rifling through the deck and looking at all the cards, which are overwhelming beautiful. I haven't sat down and done a Deck Interview with it either...yet. And the Druid Craft is in the studio, still sealed and waiting patiently for her turn. So many things, so little time!

Nordica De Spell
5 hours ago, JustPeachy said:

So many things, so little time!

Truer words were rarely spoken. 🙂 🙂 

Saturn Celeste
On 5/31/2019 at 5:53 AM, Decan said:

The Zirkus Mägi Tarot arrived today. The cardstock is amazing! 🧡

OMG I want that deck so badly!  It's one of my tarot regrets that I didn't get it when I had the money.  Enjoy it!  I got the last of the decks I will be using for my past lives readings, the Angels and Ancestors Oracle.

36 minutes ago, Saturn Celeste said:

OMG I want that deck so badly!  It's one of my tarot regrets that I didn't get it when I had the money.  Enjoy it!  I got the last of the decks I will be using for my past lives readings, the Angels and Ancestors Oracle.

Thanks!! I have the app too -not expensive- (there are the explanations of the cards by the author with the app). As far as as know The Zirkus Mägi reads very well.

Edited by Decan

DownUnderNZer

Gave in to a whim! No idea why as it's not like I use most decks anyhow.

Bought a few Fairy Oracle Lenormands, a borderless Deviant Moon, one Druid Craft and a deck by a female artist Nicoletta C.  

Will have to look her up.

DND 💓

Nordica De Spell

SLOW tarot finally arrived yesterday. About 20 dollars vat and extra postage fees, but here now, and have had a quick look at the cards. 🐿️

Sacred Geometry Cards for the Visionary Path arrived yesterday. I thought I was buying the original one, which has more of a "Frieda Harris" vibe to it so I could use it with the Thoth deck. This one has a softer, more feminine feel that seems to be common in oracle decks these days (I'm still waiting for that "iron-leather-bourbon-and-cigar-smoke 'guy' oracle" deck; any suggestions?). I will post a deck review when I've familiarized myself with it.

Edited by Barleywine

Venus Rising

Leeza Robertson's 'Mermaid Tarot' is here!  I also got Brigit Esselmont's book, 'Everyday Tarot'.  Looking forward to diving into them both. :heart:

The Crystal Unicorn is in the post, but it's got a long way to go so will take a wee bit. Anyway: Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! 😄