What's The Postman Bringing?

Glass Owl

15 minutes ago, KaiNO said:

But there is a difference, I think.

Those that you list are published in 2017 and are unnumbered. While the one I ordered is published in 2016 and given an unique number (up to 3000).

Just checked my box. It says 2015 and it’s numbered. I bought it last year from adlibris. I also have the claude burdel and the Pierre madenie - numbered. Bought them from those two sites. But the madenie is not available anymore. Mine was the first edition that they had a small batch of. Maybe they are selling newer editions now

thar aren’t limited 🤔 I will say that I don’t particularly care. I prefer the first printing of madenie because it has the ghost lines but the other ones I believe are the same. Did you check Yves site to see what he writes in the different editions? He always lists any changes and how many decks that were printed (if limited) 

I have noticed  a few Yves decks that seem to be selling at exorbitant prices in other places, even though the original decks are still on sale at his website. I have been assuming the sellers think that buyers won't be able to learn about or navigate the french website.

7 hours ago, bookshop said:

I have noticed  a few Yves decks that seem to be selling at exorbitant prices in other places, even though the original decks are still on sale at his website. I have been assuming the sellers think that buyers won't be able to learn about or navigate the french website.

Weird! Especially considering when he has a button that switches it to English!! :bugeyed:

I have been able to buy my yves decks to basically the same price as he has them, via my local dealers. It’s thanks to Stuart Kaplan who decided that he would buy and help distribute some via us games. Not everyone understood that it was the exact same decks just distributed by another company so more people would have access to it. He bought them in bulk and got a good deal so he wouldn’t have to charge much higher prices. Stuart apparently admires the work Yves do, and so do I! 😀

6 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

Weird! Especially considering when he has a button that switches it to English!! :bugeyed:

Case in point: Here is the Claude Burdel limited edition of 3000, being sold on Yves' website for 33 EUR, (or US $36)

And here is the Claude Burdel limited edition of 3000, being sold on American ebay for US $179 (or 162 EUR)

On an earlier subject, I just want to pout that I have been waiting so long for so many decks and I'm really trying to be patient but I'm so full of anticipation!

First, there's the Blood Moon tarot, which I bought nearly a year ago. It was originally supposed to be released in May, that was pushed back to December, and that's been pushed back again, all the way to April. Youch!

Then there's a shipment from Bulgaria of 4 decks I bought together, just around a month ago, and I'm so excited for them all — I think they should be arriving within the next 2 days, along with 2 other decks. One of the other decks I ordered back in July but it came from China, and the estimated ship date is tomorrow. The other one I ordered a few days ago. It's pure coincidence that all 6 of these decks are supposed to arrive in the next 2 days but it feels momentous and i'm afraid something will happen because I've been waiting so long for most of them!

I'm also waiting on 2 other decks that should be arriving in the next 2 weeks. One deck is arriving in October just days before I'm supposed to fly out of town and I'm worried we might miss each other. 😕  After that, I am calling a halt on buying decks for a while. I bought too many at once and all this waiting has been stressful!!!

Thanks, @Raggydoll and @bookshop!

No, I didn't know this page of Yves. My knowledge of Marseille decks is limited, more than I knew.

I thought I made a good deal, but it looks like I payed more for both the deck and the shipping than I needed 😂 Besides, I enclosed a link so others can make the same mistake. This ended up wrong in every way 😂

But at least no one can say that I do not want my fellow humans to have the same "benefits" as myself  😅😉

58 minutes ago, KaiNO said:

Thanks, @Raggydoll and @bookshop!

No, I didn't know this page of Yves. My knowledge of Marseille decks is limited, more than I knew.

I thought I made a good deal, but it looks like I payed more for both the deck and the shipping than I needed 😂 Besides, I enclosed a link so others can make the same mistake. This ended up wrong in every way 😂

But at least no one can say that I do not want my fellow humans to have the same "benefits" as myself  😅😉

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

21 hours ago, bookshop said:

Oh, no, @KaiNO! Which website did you buy the deck from, maybe we can tell people to avoid that one — unless they're selling it as an authorized reseller, like the local dealer @Raggydoll mentioned?

I can't see that they claim to be an authorized reseller. But there is probably little chances that anyone else here will end up in this online store. Maybe there are only me who can get such an idea 🤨

By the way, they have added another 2 euros to the price since I bought on Monday. That is, I could have made an even worse deal 😝

31 minutes ago, KaiNO said:

By the way, they have added another 2 euros to the price since I bought on Monday. That is, I could have made an even worse deal 😝

😆😆😆 Now hurry and spend those two euros on something nice - you’ve earned it!! 😁😁😁

11 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

😆😆😆 Now hurry and spend those two euros on something nice - you’ve earned it!! 😁😁😁

🤣 Trust me; I will. No problem 😜

By the way, Raggydoll. I got word today that the pre-ordered Bohemian Gothic Tarot Companion Book is on its way 😍

1 minute ago, KaiNO said:

🤣 Trust me; I will. No problem 😜

By the way, Raggydoll. I got word today that the pre-ordered Bohemian Gothic Tarot Companion Book is on its way 😍

How exciting!!! Please share pics when you get it. I never did order it, I couldn't justify it when ive had access to the app for so long and hardly read it. But their guidebooks are really really good. 

I have the app too, but I was really happy to see the shipping notice.
The app gives you the basics for using the deck and a little background, but in the books Karen always talks about how the decks were put together: where they found things, why they chose them, that kind of thing.
I'm a creative process fiend. I can endlessly watch documentaries about things like how a record album came to be made, even though I don't play anything but the stereo, lol.  So I'm really looking forward to this.

I finally caved in and purchased the Book of Azathoth Tarot. It's been on my wishlist for awhile (like, almost a year?) and I never took the plunge. I saw the deck used in a couple of Benebell Wen's YouTube videos so I searched on her site to see if she had a review. Her review sold me on the deck so I ordered it. That one should be coming in Friday. I'll be excited to work with it over the Halloween/Fall season and into Winter (I feel like it could probably work for both seasons).

The Tarot of the Unknown based on Tome of the Unknown/Over the Garden Wall cartoons just shipped a few days ago and should be arriving tomorrow! I backed that one on Kickstarter and I wasn't expecting it for awhile but it looks like it'll be arriving before October which is great because it has such a Fall/Halloween-y feel to it. I'm super excited.

I haven't had many new decks in a long while so having two arrive within a day or two of each other is pretty neat.

1 hour ago, Pixie said:

I finally caved in and purchased the Book of Azathoth Tarot. It's been on my wishlist for awhile

😍

There's something wrong with my wishlist, it keeps growing no matter how many decks I buy 😲

It's the 18th!!! This is the day my decks from Bulgaria are supposed to arrive, and 2 days after my Wild Unknown deck from China was supposed to arrive, and so far nothing. I am dying of anticipation, sob.

1 hour ago, KaiNO said:

😍

There's something wrong with my wishlist, it keeps growing no matter how many decks I buy 😲

There’s probably magic involved 😁

harry potter GIF

I got the Yggdrasil: Norse Divination Cards and although I wasn't planning on getting this deck, something drew me to it, and I'm really enjoying it!  The artwork is beautifully done and the book is really interesting.  I'm only mildly disappointed that the Thor card is NOT a drawing of Chris Hemsworth  :lol:

thor im hilarious GIF

3 hours ago, KaiNO said:

😍

hahahhahaa mine too!!!

4 hours ago, KaiNO said:

😍

The struggle is real, every time I order one off my list I find two more I like to add to it. 🤣

Edited by Pixie

6 hours ago, Venus Rising said:

I got the Yggdrasil: Norse Divination Cards and although I wasn't planning on getting this deck, something drew me to it, and I'm really enjoying it!  The artwork is beautifully done and the book is really interesting.  I'm only mildly disappointed that the Thor card is NOT a drawing of Chris Hemsworth  :lol:

thor im hilarious GIF

Have you considered a deck modification? Some glue and a printed photograph... and voila! 😁😁😁

I'm waiting for a Golden Visconti set which was very cheap on Amazon (thought I'd give it a try), English Magic tarot (simply because I like the imagery) and I've got the Mythical Creatures tarot on preorder. 

My Bohemiam Gothic book arrived this morning along with a matching silk bag so I'm a happy bunny today. I've posted a picture somewhere else here but here it is again if you missed it. I haven't had time to read any of it yet as I have to wait until I can guarantee being undisturbed by muggles20190919_093836_medium2.jpg.8697de136f70bb7f9793b329c7f6bf4a.jpg

1 hour ago, Danvers said:

I'm waiting for a Golden Visconti set which was very cheap on Amazon (thought I'd give it a try), English Magic tarot (simply because I like the imagery) and I've got the Mythical Creatures tarot on preorder. 

My Bohemiam Gothic book arrived this morning along with a matching silk bag so I'm a happy bunny today. I've posted a picture somewhere else here but here it is again if you missed it. I haven't had time to read any of it yet as I have to wait until I can guarantee being undisturbed by muggles20190919_093836_medium2.jpg.8697de136f70bb7f9793b329c7f6bf4a.jpg

Loooking goood! 😀 I ordered the same drawstring bag as you with the book.