What's The Postman Bringing?

Glass Owl

I certainly hope Baba will remain, as it's my go to for Christmas pressies for my daughters in law!

I might be able to do a posting deal with my sister, who lives in County Cork...
As for other Irish based tarot creators, doesn't James Battersby live there somewhere? (Don't know if it's the six counties, though)

Edited by Mab
Omission of word

14 minutes ago, Decan said:

Good unexpected news, my Thomson Leng Tarot has been shipped! 🙂

I don't know where it is, maybe in Germany; if it's the case I'll have it soon.

That is good news. I am awaiting the same deck.  I haven’t ordered a new deck for quite some time (unless the Playing Marseille standard edition counts). They have all been replacements. 

That is the El Goliath in the post and on its way! I've been humming and hawing over this one, I really don't have a lot of money spare just now but I really loved the artist's last instagram post and had to go for it. I can't wait. 

On 9/30/2020 at 4:43 PM, timtoldrum said:

That is good news. I am awaiting the same deck.  I haven’t ordered a new deck for quite some time (unless the Playing Marseille standard edition counts). They have all been replacements. 

My tracking number is already recognized by the German postal service but there is no move for several days; likely the deck isn't in the country yet, but will be. If it comes from a printer in China (it's what I suspect), this will take several weeks. Anyway I look forward to this deck on my side too!

7 hours ago, Decan said:

My tracking number is already recognized by the German postal service but there is no move for several days; likely the deck isn't in the country yet, but will be. If it comes from a printer in China (it's what I suspect), this will take several weeks. Anyway I look forward to this deck on my side too!

I do not expect it anytime soon (I only ordered it a week ago today). I’m not too sure where it’s printed but if it’s not USA then I’d guess China, too.

I ordered something from Spain that took over five weeks. The tracking just said it was in Madrid until it was delivered. 

Technically not a deck but... I've just ordered some blank playing cards so I can test run my UnCommon Auspex! I want to get a feel for how it will work and maybe it'll give me an idea for what to design for the backs 🤔

fire cat pickles

The Primordial, Ship of Fools,  with the Light and Shadow Tarot on the way... now I anxiously await the Fantastic Menagerie reissue and The Infernal Tarot - A 200 year old secret Tarot deck.

Happy to receive the Thelema Lenormand today. I'm not much of a Lenormand Reader, tarot is my discipline. But her art is gorgeous; if I'm going to 

give it another try, it will be with this pack.

Thelema Lenormand.jpg

HighPriestess

The government dropped some money in my account so I splurged on the Star Seeker Tarot and the Pegasus Oracle and I'm trying to stop myself from making just one more purchase.

I have no idea what I am expecting. Which sounds rather odd - but I think it's down to covid. I have a few backed on kickstarter  - some so old I had forgotten when they were due. And they are starting to show up in random order. Quite exciting

But one I got recently (not from KS; I was asking her about something and she mentioned it)  was a majors only cinema one by Arnell Ando's son Teppei, which is a lot of fun....

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/888521609/video-tarot-a-cinematic-voyage-by-teppei?

AJ-ish/Sharyn

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anastasiakashian/dinosaures-de-marseille-tarot-deck

I don't think it was ever in danger of not coming through, but it has been a while for this one, personal life upsets with the artist. Hoping it arrives this year. 

I got the Uusi Prima Materia yesterday, lovely, as I fully expected based on Pagan Otherworlds quality. No book included with their decks, but the WWW has unbounded wealth of material on the Elements. 

Knock on wood, I feel like I've eaten too much, I'm full of new decks this year, kind of a backlash of quite a few years without any I think. I will say 'enough' and savor what I have now. 

Just got notice that the LE Fantastic Menagerie and the Solaris Tarot shipped.  Whoohoo!  Cosmic Cycles is supposed to have shipped as well but not sure as I haven’t received a tracking email.

On 10/10/2020 at 3:26 AM, Wyrdkiss said:

Happy to receive the Thelema Lenormand today. I'm not much of a Lenormand Reader, tarot is my discipline. But her art is gorgeous; if I'm going to 

give it another try, it will be with this pack.

Thelema Lenormand.jpg

Wow not into thelema and allready have 2 great lenormand decks 

but The art is very great and I would buy this on the spot

So a couple of days ago I saw that the Lightseers Tarot  Was on sale in Germany so I had to get it

I originally wanted to get the Chrysalis Tarot but then I saw on YouTube that it only has a little white book which are mostly written in very small writing which doesn’t work for me because of my visual impairment so I had to let that go especially as the cards have no keywords on them

but I like the imagery of the Lightseers Tarot very much because also I can read human postures or humans depicted doing certain things better then for instance natural scenes  but I was sceptical az first because I normally lean more towards more pagan themed decks and I don’t consider myself a light worker but as I saw a video by truth in the story where she said it was about working with your light and shadow I was convinced and now I am very happy because Amazon said I will receive that package today

Edited by MoonBear

1 hour ago, MoonBear said:

Wow not into thelema and allready have 2 great lenormand decks 

but The art is very great and I would buy this on the spot

It is not related to Thelema in any way, save the Greek translation of the word.  I do love the asethetics as well. Very true to the artist.

The cards are rather large, however. I find only three card spreads are enjoyable to do because of the surface required. An odd choice from the publisher.

Seeking a standard sized and more traditional Lenormand art (see post above), I have this en route from Germany:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/632087403/mondnacht-lenormand-card-deck-oracle?ref=yr_purchases

the Modnacht Lenormand seems simple in structure, has an "old world" feel to the art, and is small enough to do at least 9 cards spreads on 

a typical table.

Here's a pic if you don't want to go to Etsy:

GFT_Modnacht Lenormand.jpg

HighPriestess

I am still waiting on the Seasons of the Witch Oracle (MM), Witches' Wisdom Tarot, and I just splurged (again!) on the Weaver's Oracle! 

18 hours ago, Wyrdkiss said:

Seeking a standard sized and more traditional Lenormand art (see post above), I have this en route from Germany:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/632087403/mondnacht-lenormand-card-deck-oracle?ref=yr_purchases

the Modnacht Lenormand seems simple in structure, has an "old world" feel to the art, and is small enough to do at least 9 cards spreads on 

a typical table.

Here's a pic if you don't want to go to Etsy:

GFT_Modnacht Lenormand.jpg

I didn’t know this Lenormand but it looks very correct!