What's The Postman Bringing?

Glass Owl

WELL. I have a package coming via USPS. It is a Kickstarter deck, I assume. I have no idea which  because it was mailed by some fulfilment agency I have never heard of. I await its arrival with interest...

57 minutes ago, vulprix said:

I just ordered the 1909 Pamela Colman Smith RWS Tarot from US Games! Do I need it? NO!

Is it beautiful? Yes 🙂 

Where can it be ordered ? - USG will not ship to overseas customers :classic_sad: I was trying for that the other day.

Edited by gregory

5 hours ago, gregory said:

WELL. I have a package coming via USPS. It is a Kickstarter deck, I assume. I have no idea which  because it was mailed by some fulfilment agency I have never heard of. I await its arrival with interest...

Where can it be ordered ? - USG will not ship to overseas customers :classic_sad: I was trying for that the other day.

There is at least one Etsy seller in Wisconsin, USA who has copies which they will ship overseas and some online store called Magick Planet ships copies overseas as well! (No experience with either, but it’s what I see!)

I am based in the US so I did order directly from US Games in Connecticut. I hope you can snag one 🙂 

I obtained a proper, non-dodgy Light Seer deck. 🙂

I got a refund for the Grim Tarock that has apparently got lost in the post. 

I have a couple on the way from Kickstarter campaigns and one that I am gibbering with excitement about getting at last, but I won't say which, in case it goes missing in the post....   🤞

As it has been ages since I ordered a deck, I figured I'd just invest in all four decks I've been eying.  So, in a couple days I'll have Everyday Tarot, Tarot in Wonderland, Tarot of the 78 Doors, and Ghost Tarot.  I figured since I regularly use Biddy Tarot as a source, I'd invest in its official deck, though it has taken me this long to finally pull the trigger on it.  I don't know if it will be one I'll use for a lot of personal readings, as it has more of a feminine aesthetic to it, but it is really nice, and it might be a good one to put in the trunk of my car in case I want to do readings for someone while out and about.  It may well be a good one to do readings with for some of my female friends.  It is inexpensive though, and contains a good guidebook, which is something I look for in a deck.

Tarot in Wonderland is another one I've been contemplating for a while.  It's neat in concept, and is probably one I'll turn to if I want to go on a trip with the cards (figuratively speaking).  I don't know if that's something most people do with the cards, but sometimes I'm in the kind of mood where I want the cards to show me something, but I'm in it more for the sake of the journey than seeking concrete answers.

Tarot of the 78 Doors intrigues me for multiple reasons, though as the theme is disjointed, perhaps it will be my go to deck for when my thoughts are equally disjointed.  It may also be my "worldly" deck, to read into international topics.  In any case, I really like the art, and I've been looking for a deck that's more contemporary too...and this one is kind of that, though also kind of not.  Yeah, it's strange, but for whatever reason its inconsistent nature just intrigues me that much more.

Ghost Tarot is one where I just really like the look and the tone of it.  It's technically a horror-themed deck, and I already have one of those, but this one gives me more of a somber vibe than an ominous one, so I think I'll be using it for different readings.  The ghosts to me aren't really scary, but the tone of the cards is very melancholic in nature.  I don't think I'll turn to it to "face my fears", but I may consult it for dealing with grief, or for trying to let go of the past.  

I'll make sure to do a deck interview with all of the above, and maybe one or two more readings.  I might just decide to spend a day with each.  Four decks is a lot, but it's not as if every deck I see appeals to me (actually, there are far more that don't than do), and I don't plan on getting any more for a while.  Of course, that might change.  None of the decks are overly expensive either, so I was able to do it for just under $140 CAD.  That's still a lot more than I'll normally spend, but considering it's only about $50 more than I spent on my Prisma Visions set for 4x the decks, it's not a bad deal.  Granted, that Prisma Visions set will continue to be my nicest deck, and it was definitely worth it.  I just way overspent on it.  I'm technically way overspending here too, but I intend to cut myself off for a while.  

Edited by AlbaTross

16 hours ago, Amberjune said:

The Wooden Tarot arrived today! It is creepier than I expected, but I am looking forward to working with it.

One of my favorites! I don't use it a ton, combination of the lack of a LWB and the minors being a little on the pip-ish side, but when I do use it I get great results! I hope you enjoy it!

Well, that's just great.  My order was divided into two packages for shipping, and the one containing 3/4 of my order was apparently misplaced.  So, I'm being issued a refund and had to re-order those decks.  But, my Tarot in Wonderland set did come today, and I suppose I'm now able to spend some time just with it.  That's probably a good thing as it comes with a fairly substantial guidebook that practically mandates sitting down and spending time with it, not that I wasn't planning on setting aside time for each deck regardless, even if it's spread out over a period of time.  But, I guess I'll be waiting a few more days for the other three decks.  

AJ-ish/Sharyn

I'm getting kind of peevish about the Dinosaures de Marseille Tarot Deck

Her life did kind of implode mid-project, but life goes on. Oh well, something to look forward to can't be discouraged so on I'll hang. 

On 1/5/2021 at 5:10 AM, Amberjune said:

The Wooden Tarot arrived today! It is creepier than I expected, but I am looking forward to working with it.

It is creepy, isn't it? 🙂 I hope you bond well with it.  It is a deep one, but last night I did a pretty straightforward reading with it and it really delivered!

blue_crow_laura

Hush Tarot! Seemed like a really good midwinter choice. 🙂 It should be here tomorrow, if UPS is telling me the truth.

On 1/6/2021 at 3:57 AM, LogicalHue said:

One of my favorites! I don't use it a ton, combination of the lack of a LWB and the minors being a little on the pip-ish side, but when I do use it I get great results! I hope you enjoy it!

1 hour ago, vulprix said:

It is creepy, isn't it? 🙂 I hope you bond well with it.  It is a deep one, but last night I did a pretty straightforward reading with it and it really delivered!

Did a first reading with it today, paired with the earthbound oracle, and really had a good time with it. I love how there is a lot of space in the cards; that allows you to draw in conclusions, insights, new ways of looking at things...etc. So happy to finally have it in my collection!

The Maat Tarot and the El Goliath Tarot 2nd edition have arrived .

I really love Julie Cuccia Watts' decks and now have all of them except for her newest one.

As for the El Goliath, I missed out on the first edition and am happy to have it in my collection now.

blue_crow_laura
3 hours ago, Lillymae said:

I just treated myself to the Wild Unknown Tarot deck and book, I’ve been wanting it for ages so cannot wait for it to arrive! 

I have the WU Archetypes oracle and the WU Animal Spirit oracle, and I love both of them; the tarot is on my wish list. Hope you enjoy!

I finally got my Everyday Tarot, Tarot of the 78 Doors and Ghost Tarot sets!  

As I had three decks to “interview”, I decided to go with the simplest deck interview spread I could find: 

A4491812-7E60-4F72-AED2-9CF10705EB7D.jpeg

The results were quite interesting: 

DD763327-8DE1-41C6-8D2B-BD93CDA4CAEE.jpeg

D3F55F51-D8EC-49D9-8B2E-2700C8323B84.jpeg

0F45B471-A07F-410D-AA43-9A76C31BBAC6.jpeg

It seems that all three spreads came up half upright and half reversed, and in a pattern to boot:

RUUR

RRUU

RURU

Cups, swords and pentacles are quite well-represented, especially the Ten of Pentacles.  No wands, which is interesting.  Both of the Lo Scarabeo decks were pretty blatant on what subjects they prefer, with both coming up with an upright Major Arcana card.  Even though I rapid fired these deck interview spreads, they were all great.  All three decks shuffle quite well too.  The Lo Scarabeo decks are long and narrow, so they shuffle about as well as my RWS.  The Everyday Tarot cards feel surprisingly rigid, but they shuffle better than they look and feel.  All three decks look great.  All in all, I'm looking forward to the readings I can do with these decks.  Perhaps I'll dedicate a week with each of them as I was able to do with my Tarot in Wonderland set.  

Edited by AlbaTross

After a few weeks mired at customs (or forgotten somewhere in the airport here), my russian decks of playing cards arrived. Good quality (Piatnik), I love them.

russian%20decks.JPG

On 1/10/2021 at 9:17 PM, blue_crow_laura said:

I have the WU Archetypes oracle and the WU Animal Spirit oracle, and I love both of them; the tarot is on my wish list. Hope you enjoy!

They arrived today, I had a quick play and think I’m going to love them! 
I have the WU Archetypes and Animal Spirit Oracle also on my wish list! 

I’ve been looking at A Compendium of Witches Oracle deck for a little while and my oldest son said to me today to order it as the present he tried to get me for Christmas never arrived! 

Cant wait for it to arrive, I’ve ordered the deck and book! 

legendaryelement

pre-order: Oak Ash & Thorn from Three Trees Tarot (expected to ship mid-February?)

Confirmed order of the Synthesis deck (hexagon-shaped cards!) to use with Gene Keys/Human Design stuff

https://www.onedoorland.com/the-synthesis-deck/

This is where you can see the Pulse calendar that tells which hexagram is current. Each one spans 6 days and focuses on one of the 6 lines.

https://genekeys.com/events/

Edited by legendaryelement