What's The Postman Bringing?

Glass Owl

42 minutes ago, Teemu said:

Now it is "Tarot of the Toiling Hands", looks very appealing.

I have to say, I am loving working with this deck @Teemu. It was a very rare impulse buy, I was unsure if the artwork would be too busy, but the moment I opened the box I knew I’d done the right thing. It’s beautiful and there’s so much to see in it. The only downside is it’s not a riffle shuffler!

Daniel, thank you, that technique! I know it but never use it, it puts too much stress on the cards. And, for tarot and other oracle cards, I do not like it, since it disturbs my connection to the deck. The normal shuffling works best for me.

@Aliki I want to share pictures of this deck with you. Today it arrived in the mail ... all the way from Italy to USA. It's LeNormand not Tarot ... but when I saw it was in Greek I had to have it. It's from Alexander Daniloff who is Russian living in Italy ... making a Greek deck hahaha.

IMG_0748.jpg

42 minutes ago, Misterei said:

@Aliki I want to share pictures of this deck with you. Today it arrived in the mail ... all the way from Italy to USA. It's LeNormand not Tarot ... but when I saw it was in Greek I had to have it. It's from Alexander Daniloff who is Russian living in Italy ... making a Greek deck hahaha.

IMG_0748.jpg

I love it 👁️👄👁️ need ☺️ thank you for adding this to my wishlist this is absolutely beautiful 🥰

Today is Venus's day, and I'm glad to have The Lover's Path Tarot in my hands. I hope I can gain access to the complete companion book though. Will check out if the app has it.

6 hours ago, Akhilleus said:

Today is Venus's day, and I'm glad to have The Lover's Path Tarot in my hands. I hope I can gain access to the complete companion book though. Will check out if the app has it.

I absolutely adore this deck it's such an artwork also would you mind to send it to me if you find it? Since i got this deck after the set went oop

The Spacecraft Tarot arrived unexpectedly today! It's a majors-only deck themed on contemporary/historical space exploration. The included book contains abbreviated versions of her online essays describing exactly why she chose each image for each card. 

9 hours ago, Aliki said:

I absolutely adore this deck it's such an artwork also would you mind to send it to me if you find it? Since i got this deck after the set went oop

I definitely will get back to you when I find anything about this. 

2 hours ago, Akhilleus said:

I definitely will get back to you when I find anything about this. 

Thank you so much i tried to find the book separately but i think it was only included on the set version 

On 12/2/2022 at 7:49 AM, Akhilleus said:

The set is easy enough to find on line:

On abe, for instance

They also have the book on its own, - but it costs more than the set.

Edited by gregory

5 hours ago, gregory said:

The set is easy enough to find on line:

On abe, for instance

They also have the book on its own, - but it costs more than the set.

Can you send me a link cause I can't find the book not even on her site?😅

The link was in my post.

Here it is again.

Actually - how do you mean it isn't on her site - it certainly is. The book comes with the deck.

https://kriswaldherrbooks.com/home/?page_id=22368

There are links to several sites where it is sold. Unless there is some other book that I don't know of...

Or did you mean the novel ?

Edited by gregory

1 hour ago, Teemu said:

I think a separate book is not available. Only the deck in two versions. HERE are sample PDFs of the booklet included.

Exactly. Thanks for backing me up here ! (And the novel isn't that great, and sheds no light on the deck.)

FindYourSovereignty
2 hours ago, Teemu said:

I think a separate book is not available. Only the deck in two versions. HERE are sample PDFs of the booklet included.

True and I believe @gregory was pointing out that the book may be found through secondhand resellers. Often the book is all you get from these locations - at least that has been my experience. The cards aren’t always included even when listed as a set. I suppose that goes both ways though, receive cards without the book. It’s a gamble, but I’ve been able to receive a refund when it wasn’t clearly stated.

@Aliki & @Akhilleus, I hope you find the book or an app.

19 hours ago, rylla said:

I've got the Mystical Dream tarot set.

Please share a review when it arrives. Would like to learn more about this deck.

Edited by FindYourSovereignty

Thank you @gregory!

The version I purchased is the exact same one as in your Abebooks link.

IMG_20221204_121424.thumb.jpg.0a9fcfd44dbdab3b9704457ac3d178d4.jpg

I haven't unsealed it yet, but before purchasing it I have watched a number of review videos. It should have the spreadsheet and booklet described in the Abebooks link. 

However, the book I and @Aliki were talking about is the one included in the OOP set that one can see here:

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=31363766866

The book included there goes in much greater detail than the booklet, as one can verify here:

In the video, a card has paragraphs of explication whereas in the booklet, it usually only has one or two, as can be seen in the sample that can be downloaded through the USG link that @Teemu provided. 

I hope that clarified things.

FindYourSovereignty
9 minutes ago, Akhilleus said:

The book included there goes in much greater detail than the booklet,

I see. This makes sense. 

Thriftbooks notifies you if you want to get on a waiting list.