What's The Postman Bringing?

On 9/15/2020 at 10:02 AM, Nanook said:

It’s kind of shocking but I received notification that my Bonestone & Earthflesh Tarot has shipped.  

Yep, same surprise for me to get notification and today it was delivered ! 😃

On 9/4/2020 at 1:57 PM, gregory said:

AAAH yes. I THINK Tarot of the Divine is on its way. Over the last three days I have had notification that my payment (of a pre-order made 10 days ago and which was acknowledged as valid at the time) was declined, checked my paypal and the attached credit card, where it has gone through just fine. been told that not to worry, my money has NOT been taken, and been notified that the order on which my payment was declined has been mailed. And today the help desk has reassured me that my  money has not been, and will not be, taken.... Watching with interest.....

(This, by the way, is with an outstanding UK bookstore where I have shopped since the 1960s, and where I had an account until they stopped doing them in the same way. It's weird. When (if) the deck arrives I have a long email ready to go to someone above that help desk....)

YES it ARRIVED. I sent a long email to the store and they say I did make two orders and payment was declined one one. I don't know how this could be - the first was apparently made before I'd even heard of the deck - but hey - one deck, one payment; I will get over it !

My B & E is not yet dispatched...

xTheHermitx

my Wilderwoven Tarot is here!!!! What a great way to bring in the fall...the images are very cool. Have been studying it the past few nights. Love it.

I have two newly arrived decks to unbox- Bonestone & Earthflesh Tarot (at long last!) and Dark Wood Tarot! These are the first new decks I'm getting in a while, and I'm pretty excited for two new decks at once, especially since I'm hoping they'll both be good for autumn readings and workings!

IMG_0884.thumb.JPG.8f01be53f4a27e6a96d94066d5b7c120.JPG

On 9/24/2020 at 7:55 AM, TheFeeLion said:

@RavenOfSummer oh Dark Wood! I've been eyeing that up for a while now, please let me know what you think of it! 

I will! It was a bit of an impulse buy for me after seeing some pics of it on Instagram, although I first became aware of it a couple of months ago and was intrigued. I'm a fan of the gothic aesthetic but had never managed to find a deck along those lines that really called me, but I when I saw this deck I thought maybe it could be that one for me that I've been missing! On my first look-through my first thought was, this deck is WEIRD, but in a good way! The art makes me think of a cross between the old Aeon Flux animated show (not sure how many people are familiar with that...it was on MTV in the US) and a Tim Burton creation. The cards are pretty strongly RWS-based but with what feels like an almost subversive twist with these dark/spooky/creepy characters offering you answers. In short, I think I'm really going to like it 😃 I'll hopefully get a chance to read with it this weekend and will share more thoughts once I start working with it!

So ive been generally pretty good about my tarot collecing the last few months and done very well restricting myself.

I fell off the wagon today and bought four of them in one go:

- Tarot of the Devine (plus Under the Moon)

- Light Seers

- Anima Antiqua Sopraffino 

- The Ellis DecK 5th edition.

That last one is a complete spur of the moment order too. I was watching Supportive Tarot's deck declutter videos and ordered before watching the end of the video. The vector style art is new to me, but I feel like it will fit in really well in my collection.

I have no idea about the Swedish situation - that shouldn't change, as you get to stay in (weep sob). YOU will start having to pay on stuff from the UK if they don't sort something, though. And WE will start having to pay on stuff from the EU - which will be a killer in terms of my annual Lo Scarabeo order....

But for stuff from the US and other such places - nothing changes. Anything that happens is only about the UK and the rest of the world. That said - I have never had to pay on stuff sent from China (my deck has now been on a plane that has left China for two whole days. SOME plane....)

1 hour ago, gregory said:

I have no idea about the Swedish situation - that shouldn't change, as you get to stay in (weep sob). YOU will start having to pay on stuff from the UK if they don't sort something, though. And WE will start having to pay on stuff from the EU - which will be a killer in terms of my annual Lo Scarabeo order....

But for stuff from the US and other such places - nothing changes. Anything that happens is only about the UK and the rest of the world. That said - I have never had to pay on stuff sent from China (my deck has now been on a plane that has left China for two whole days. SOME plane....)

I was thinking about the baba studio shipment (fantastic menagerie). It should ship in the coming month and they are located in Ireland. I *think* there is some sort of agreement between us and the U.K. until the end of this year. 

RAGGY DARLING - the ROI is a completely separate country The 6 counties in the North were split off from the rest in 1921. The six counties are part of the UK (and they actually wanted to stay in the EU, but as they are part of the UK, they can't.) . The rest of Ireland is not a part of the UK, and hasn't been since 1921. It is an independent country. The UK has NO say over it, and no-one gets to decide anything about the ROI except it and in some cases the EU, of which it is a member. That's part of what the row is about - as part of the end of the fighting it was agreed to have a completely open border. That is going to be a problem under Brexit, as some kind of customs arrangement needs to be made that can still honour that open border. Thus far the UK - while it signed up to a deal that made that possible - is now trying to weasel out of it.

But the UK has as much power over ROI as - say Finland has over Sweden - NONE. Like that memorable day Trump asked Denmark to sell Greenland to him.... Nothing had to be decided about whether or not it would stay in the EU - it would never want to leave and it isn't going to. It gets to decide for itself. (Much to the annoyance of some right wing UK MPs who seem to think they should have that right....)

51 minutes ago, gregory said:

RAGGY DARLING - the ROI is a completely separate country The 6 counties in the North were split off from the rest in 1921. The six counties are part of the UK (and they actually wanted to stay in the EU, but as they are part of the UK, they can't.) . The rest of Ireland is not a part of the UK, and hasn't been since 1921. It is an independent country. The UK has NO say over it, and no-one gets to decide anything about the ROI except it and in some cases the EU, of which it is a member. That's part of what the row is about - as part of the end of the fighting it was agreed to have a completely open border. That is going to be a problem under Brexit, as some kind of customs arrangement needs to be made that can still honour that open border. Thus far the UK - while it signed up to a deal that made that possible - is now trying to weasel out of it.

But the UK has as much power over ROI as - say Finland has over Sweden - NONE. Like that memorable day Trump asked Denmark to sell Greenland to him.... Nothing had to be decided about whether or not it would stay in the EU - it would never want to leave and it isn't going to. It gets to decide for itself. (Much to the annoyance of some right wing UK MPs who seem to think they should have that right....)

Thank you! I think it was the talk about hard borders that confused me because I thought something had to be settled on even for Ireland. Like some deal that could affect us too. But I’m the first to admit that I do not understand much of what is happening over there. The whole Brexit business is so confusing! 

You better believe it. It was SUCH a bad idea - but if only we had stayed in the single market, it could have worked.

But the big thing to understand is that the Republic of Ireland is an independent country and is in the EU and staying there. And baba is in the Republic (in County Kerry, if you want to look.) So don't worry ! No customs stuff at all.

8 hours ago, gregory said:

You better believe it. It was SUCH a bad idea - but if only we had stayed in the single market, it could have worked.

But the big thing to understand is that the Republic of Ireland is an independent country and is in the EU and staying there. And baba is in the Republic (in County Kerry, if you want to look.) So don't worry ! No customs stuff at all.

That’s such a relief! I’ll have to try and see if there are other Irish-based stores or creators.  Especially now that baba won’t be around much longer. One can hope! 

50 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

Especially now that baba won’t be around much longer

Heaven forbid! They'll be around, just not doing decks.
I've amassed some lovely shawls and things from Baba over the years. (My fringed silk velvet Beetle Belle is one of the first things I'd save in the event of a fire, even though I don't get many occasions to wear it! When I do, I feel like Gloria Swanson in her heyday! 😁)

Baba is hopefully FOREVER.

32 minutes ago, katrinka said:

Heaven forbid! They'll be around, just not doing decks.
I've amassed some lovely shawls and things from Baba over the years. (My fringed silk velvet Beetle Belle is one of the first things I'd save in the event of a fire, even though I don't get many occasions to wear it! When I do, I feel like Gloria Swanson in her heyday! 😁)

Baba is hopefully FOREVER.

Yes of course, bad wording on my behalf! 

LOL. It's OK.
I still want some of those silk velvet berets. I'm an unapologetic beret woman. Sooo retro - it's the only thing that spans all the best decades!

https://www.vintagehairstyling.com/bobbypinblog/2011/06/keeping-vintage-hair-easy-and-simple-with-a-beret.html

Maybe when they stop doing decks they can get the lead out and make those. I NEED at least three! Hopefully with that stag beetle from the shawls and scarves, lol. I like the green scarab. We have those here, and I would settle for that even though the old people used to call them "turd rustlers". But I looooove the stag beetle. 😁

Edited by katrinka

For those watching Ireland to avoid customs fees - the counties of Londonderry, Antrim, Down, Tyrone, Armagh and Fermanagh are in Northern Ireland and are part of the UK (the area includes Belfast, by the way, whose address won't show the county name.) So goods from those six counties WILL be part of whatever non-deal happens as a result of Brexit.

One thing I do hope is that Brexit hastens the reunification of Ireland. But oops that's politics....