Hello to the Tarot, Tea, & Me Forum

RhubarbOwl

Hello, hello! I am RhubarbOwl and I am always tired.

Tarot has been in my life for a while now but I never use it too regularly. I quite fancy the Vikings Tarot overall, my current favorite is Hush Tarot, and I am trying to get to know my Quareia deck better. This one might be too much for me but it captivates me in a way no other deck has!

I am happy to be joining a forum again and I look forward to discussing and learning more!

Hi @RhubarbOwl! Welcome to the community!

I am sure you will find many opportunities here to explore your decks and get to know them better.

Make sure to share with us what you like about the Quareia - I do not know this one, and I am always interested in learning about different decks!

Have fun!

@DanielJUK

I was indeed on Aeclectic Tarot, mostly just a lurker, but I very much did enjoy having a thread and doing readings for people! I had a different username at the time but it still had "Owl" in it. After some more poking around and dusting myself off I would like to have another such thread.

@marinaoracles

For the Quareia deck, more specifically called the LXXXI Quareia Magicians Deck, it is difficult to describe. The cards don't fall into my expected categories, the art is absolutely wonderful, and every card seems to go very deep. Everything about them is striking. However using them just feels strenuous in a way. They feel awkward in my hands as they are so unfamiliar but that just pulls me in more as it has been long time since divinatory cards have felt so strange and new to me.

The few readings I have tried have felt very profound. Like hit-you-just-right-and-make-you-freeze profound yet I can't go much deeper than that feeling. It is odd.

Edited by RhubarbOwl

49 minutes ago, RhubarbOwl said:

Everything about them is striking. However using them just feels strenuous in a way. They feel awkward in my hands as they are so unfamiliar but that just pulls me in more as it has been long time since divinatory cards have felt so strange and new to me.

The few readings I have tried have felt very profound. Like hit-you-just-right-and-make-you-freeze profound yet I can't go much deeper than that feeling. It is odd.

IMHO, these are usually the best decks in the long run! The ones that fascinate us and makes us uncomfortable somehow. I remember feeling that way about the Alchemical Tarot and it was a deck I used for a long time. Also, the Playing Card Oracles, which I use even today, gave me this very feeling you described… of being strange and new, disquieting and compelling at the same time.

I miss feeling like that about a deck! I hope you find a way to keep working with it, in your own rhythm of course. 😉 

19 hours ago, RhubarbOwl said:

@DanielJUK

I was indeed on Aeclectic Tarot, mostly just a lurker, but I very much did enjoy having a thread and doing readings for people! I had a different username at the time but it still had "Owl" in it. After some more poking around and dusting myself off I would like to have another such thread..

oh yay there are a lot of ex-AT people here! Also a whole load of new people so it's a wonderful mix in a new community 🙂

Hope you enjoy this community and no need to be a lurker here, we are all friendly :thumbsup: