Seams tarot, based on southeast Asians myths

Raggydoll

This is an own-voices project. It’s a unique deck based on southeast Asian myths and stories. They failed in their previous attempt to fund it on Kickstarter but they have launched a new campaign

Go check it out!

Thanks for the plug and the encouraging words! It really is an amazing project, and native artists doing art for their own cultures lends this... intimate authenticity to each artwork. Here's a YT walkthrough of the deck where you can see all the cards (I did two - The Star and The World).

Our Happy Squirrel is particularly... interesting. It features the Borneo Vampire Squirrel which is both a real animal and has folktales associated with it (it preys on deer, disemboweling them and eating their entrails hahaha!).

49 minutes ago, BlueToy said:

Our Happy Squirrel is particularly... interesting. It features the Borneo Vampire Squirrel which is both a real animal and has folktales associated with it (it preys on deer, disemboweling them and eating their entrails hahaha!).

Love that take on the Happy Squirrel! 😆

1 hour ago, BlueToy said:

Thanks for the plug and the encouraging words! It really is an amazing project, and native artists doing art for their own cultures lends this... intimate authenticity to each artwork. Here's a YT walkthrough of the deck where you can see all the cards (I did two - The Star and The World).

Simon is correct - even though it's a collab deck, it isn't jarring. There's consistency here, and it looks like it would read well, too. 

And Asian Tarots and oracle decks are sorely lacking here. What's readily available are decks done by people like Robert Place, or cobbled together by Alana Fairchild. Those always have...issues.

And there's this:

1 hour ago, BlueToy said:

I had to look them up. Wikipedia says their "reputed carnivorousness has not been observed scientifically" but stops short of calling it a total fiction. 🤣

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tufted_ground_squirrel#Natural_history

Happy Squirrel cards have never figured in my decision to purchase a deck, since I generally remove them. But I LIKE this one. 😁

39 minutes ago, katrinka said:

Simon is correct - even though it's a collab deck, it isn't jarring. There's consistency here, and it looks like it would read well, too. 

And Asian Tarots and oracle decks are sorely lacking here. What's readily available are decks done by people like Robert Place, or cobbled together by Alana Fairchild. Those always have...issues.

And there's this:

I had to look them up. Wikipedia says their "reputed carnivorousness has not been observed scientifically" but stops short of calling it a total fiction. 🤣

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tufted_ground_squirrel#Natural_history

Happy Squirrel cards have never figured in my decision to purchase a deck, since I generally remove them. But I LIKE this one. 😁

Haha yeah the anecdotal, oral history urban legendy aspect was our justification of using it as the HS card. When I first read about it, I was reminded of that bloodthirsty Monty Python bunny :D

On 9/15/2021 at 3:46 PM, DanielJUK said:

Directed by our own @BlueToy as well 

On 9/15/2021 at 6:39 PM, gregory said:

He has a lot of good stuff out there - much of it AVAILABLE TO BUY !!!

Thanks for the plug you two! 😄