Luxa

#22favs - The Fool

I am joining super late oops!  :-[ Once again I don't know how come I've failed to check what this thread was about!  :( Well you don't seem to be too far ahead so I'm joining anyway  :)

So, for the Fool I will choose the one from the Marseille Cat Tarot. It's not spectacular, but I find it quite lively, I can almost hear the music, and the mice are really cute hehe  :P

a17640b5eb0010f919a74081f41d306d--tarot-marseille-chat-tarot.jpg.cd94471f05c8cb86af3c23af3bf8030b.jpg

I really like that cat-Fool! Some people are not very fond of cats in clothes for decks (antromorphism?) but I don't mind really. The Marseille Cat Tarot is very high on my wishlist so nice to see something from it here.

So many nice Fools in this thread!

I really like that cat-Fool! Some people are not very fond of cats in clothes for decks (antromorphism?) but I don't mind really. The Marseille Cat Tarot is very high on my wishlist so nice to see something from it here.

I don't usually like cats in clothes myself, but for a mysterious reason, with the Marseille Cat Tarot I don't mind at all! I really wanted to try reading with a Marseille kind of deck, but I was put off by all the typical decks, so I got this one! Also the little images on the pip cards are really cute and fun!  :)

I don't usually like cats in clothes myself, but for a mysterious reason, with the Marseille Cat Tarot I don't mind at all! I really wanted to try reading with a Marseille kind of deck, but I was put off by all the typical decks, so I got this one! Also the little images on the pip cards are really cute and fun!  :)

I'm a bit intimidated by the Marseille decks and the pips but they look pretty cool and there are some good books on the Marseille style. I think this cat deck could be a good in between when you're used to the RWS ;D Can't remember if it's the Medieval Cats deck or this one that has the 5 of swords as a cat who is standing next to a mysteriously empty bird cage with feathers everywhere...

I'm a bit intimidated by the Marseille decks and the pips but they look pretty cool and there are some good books on the Marseille style. I think this cat deck could be a good in between when you're used to the RWS ;D Can't remember if it's the Medieval Cats deck or this one that has the 5 of swords as a cat who is standing next to a mysteriously empty bird cage with feathers everywhere...

Yes I have the Medieval Cat Tarot and it's this one! But it's the 7 of Swords haha!

Yes I have the Medieval Cat Tarot and it's this one! But it's the 7 of Swords haha!

At least it was the Swords suit! I really love cats but somehow I don't have any cat decks. There are some with animals in them but not purely cat... this must be fixed the next time I feel like getting a new deck.

I like the vividly-colored whimsy of the Fool from the Kabbalistic Visions Tarot. I mean, a crocodile has just chomped on his leg and the dude kept on whistling like nothing happened. You have to admire the guy's cool:

kabbalistic-visions-tarot-fool.jpg

I also like the stark and potent simplicity of the Holy Fool archetype noted in many old cultures, as depicted in the Byzantine Tarot:

c6e75e4e56cee0b4c1b81c57760d901e--star-tarot-dagon.jpg

I'm late, but this was too much fun not to jump into!

0fool-joiedevivre-card.jpg

cbc4390d72e57f9877680fa30ab17581.jpg

The Fool cards from Paulina Cassidy's Joie de Vivre tarot and the Mary-El. Very very different, but I adore them both.

I like your Fools, Siavahda :D I have the Joie so I'm familiar with that one. The Mary-Els genitalia is something I'd forgotten about since I don't own that deck. It seems to be something people are cool with or they're not, haha.

I like your Fools, Siavahda :D I have the Joie so I'm familiar with that one. The Mary-Els genitalia is something I'd forgotten about since I don't own that deck. It seems to be something people are cool with or they're not, haha.

Oh, I probably should have made it a link or something and not posted it directly? I always forget there are people bothered by nakedness in tarot. But honestly I fell in love with the Mary-El's Fool after reading the guidebook and understanding all the incredible symbolism in it. Now I understand it I can't help but love it.

And the Joie is just so pretty and fun :D Glad you approve ^^

I forget about that too!  :o  I think it's fine and haven't seen anything in the forum about someone being squeemish about it (not over in the sub-forums where I hang out at least) but if it's something you worry about posting a link and a little note about nudity should suffice. The RWS and a lot of its clones have some nudity and I don't think most people mind, the Mary-El just seems really not shy about it compared to a lot of other decks ;D

I'm going to add a couple of new Fools to the mix...

This one by Yoshi Yoshitani's Fairytale Tarot

25f37176366af5b932b52ae31e5e4e0b.jpg

And also this one by Casimir Lee (it's an unfinished deck)

casimir-lee-00-tarot-fool-5-s.jpg?1458827676

Everyone's fools look so great!!  I loved the 22favs on YouTube and picked up many more favorites to subscribe to.  I'll jump in tomorrow, looking forward to it!

My favorite fool is the one from the Shadowscapes tarot. All the cards of this deck are really really beautiful!

24.jpg

is it too late to reply to this! :)

I really love the Rider-Waite-Smith Fool, it's the classic for a reason!

Also really fond of the Fools from the Gay Tarot deck and the Everyday Witch deck:

156a95da957d786139b554bcbfa4362a.jpg

4a539b8fe20966b6a80dc69465bd2c9c.jpg

is it too late to reply to this! :)

Also really fond of the Fools from the Gay Tarot deck

It's never too late to post in here!  We love to look at everyone's favorite cards!

I love the Gay Tarot.  I especially like the Guide cards, the Hermit and the Moon card.  Hell, I just love the deck!  :thumbsup:

I'm going to add a couple of new Fools to the mix...

This one by Yoshi Yoshitani's Fairytale Tarot

And also this one by Casimir Lee (it's an unfinished deck)

:bugeyed: Both of those are just gorgeous!

Guest Night Shade

Since it's April Fool's Day, I thought I'd share my favorite Fool cards

I love the Celtic Dragon card, because it shows a man going off on a journey with his dragon friends.  :)

I like that on the Universal Fantasy card, the man doesn't seem as foolish as usual - he's sitting on the edge of the cliff, contemplating his journey, rather than stepping off it blindly.

And I love the Happy Tarot card because: cupcake!

the_fool.jpg.6f6e389f2a2cac943dd83290b9a70cf5.jpg

the_fool_1.jpg.0b989e0bb6d865711906a7b15308e17f.jpg

the_fool_2.jpg.38eb60a98b3977e9a73ae1faf20a0245.jpg

Happy Fool's Day from my favorite fools: from Moon Void Tarot, Tarot in Wonderland, and Zombie Tarot.

IMG_20190401_111212_810.jpg.97ee1e5856437b77f07b9c33282a2549.jpg

Here's my favorite Fool, from "The Children of Litha" Tarot! This depiction is very colorful (which I love), and I also love how the fool is portrayed here. Here, she is a young girl on the edge of a cliff, but she pays no mind to it as she reaches out for a beautiful bird just out of reach. Around her waist is a golden rope that ties her off the edge of the cliff and, to top of the air-headed demeanor, in her other hand is a bouquet of flowers.

I think this particular portrayal captures the naievety of the Fool, as in the rhyme. The fool sees something they want, something they desire or covet, and so they reach out for it, beginning a nebulous journey without knowing the perils that are in store for them. This fool is in for a big tumble! But she wears a cloak, implying that she at least (somewhat) thought about the dangers ahead.

It makes me think of an epic adventure about to begin from a fairytale  :heartz:

Happy Fool's Day from my favorite fools: from Moon Void Tarot, Tarot in Wonderland, and Zombie Tarot.

I just got my Zombie Tarot yesterday!  I love it!  And the cards are so nice.  Lately the cards I've purchased have been so glossy.

Here's my favorite Fool, from "The Children of Litha" Tarot! This depiction is very colorful (which I love), and I also love how the fool is portrayed here. Here, she is a young girl on the edge of a cliff, but she pays no mind to it as she reaches out for a beautiful bird just out of reach. Around her waist is a golden rope that ties her off the edge of the cliff and, to top of the air-headed demeanor, in her other hand is a bouquet of flowers.

That is a beautiful deck!  I just checked it out.  I bet you do enjoy working with it. :heartz:

I think this particular portrayal captures the naievety of the Fool, as in the rhyme. The fool sees something they want, something they desire or covet, and so they reach out for it, beginning a nebulous journey without knowing the perils that are in store for them. This fool is in for a big tumble! But she wears a cloak, implying that she at least (somewhat) thought about the dangers ahead.

It makes me think of an epic adventure about to begin from a fairytale  :heartz:

Yes, I can see that!

Nusantara deck (balinese interpretation of rider waite deck) and an artist i love (fyodor pavlov) is slowly making his own deck

spacer.pngspacer.png