Mutational Alchemy Tarot

EmpyreanKnight

EmpyreanKnight

I have always been curious about the Mutational Alchemy Tarot. Early last year I was planning to get myself a copy, but its main creator died and they closed shop for a while. I just remembered this deck earlier so I checked their shop from their website. Imagine my consternation when I found out that they limited the sale of the deck to current or aspiring members of the Abrahadabra Institute (which the creator of the deck founded).

Too bad I didn't get a copy when it was still available. Oh well, c'est la vie I guess.

EmpyreanKnight

Yeah. Since they released in full the free digital copies of the deck's voluminous companion book, I've lusted after it. And now this. :(

Anyway, when it come to things I can do nothing about, I just try not to sweat it. If it's meant to be mine, I'm eventually going to get it.

WELL I just tried to find Abrahadabra to look at the online book, bc I have the Mutational Alchemy deck.  The site is down!

So I went to their forum and in the non-member areas it appears that Izi Ningishzidda has also (husband passed in Dec 2016) died sometime last summer! Does anyone here know anything about this, or why she passed?? 

(They also said they are working on a less expensive hosting platform so hopefully the book will be back up eventually)

I searched under "Naomi Chan" and found this and that's all I've managed to find: 

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/briefs/bodies-found-in-gallup-home-id-d-as-ex-reporter/article_b8e56fe6-69d8-5614-b3ef-63f3e3e5bd60.html

I actually have a copy. I wonder how I achieved that (I do recall that a nice US mate bought it for me and mailed it on, as they would only mail to the US; I don't think he's a member...). But  - it's only $32 to become a member, so why not just do it. A total of $64 isn't that much for a deck.

Thanks for finding that new site Flizarraga!  I see the online book has yet to be added.

gregory, from what I have read on their own pages, to actually be accepted as a member, there were many more hoops.... 

Still wondering if Naomi's death was accidental or not?

In 2017 she was working as a cop reporter for the local newspaper.

I read a couple of her articles yesterday.

She also had solicited funds in early 2017 to travel to New Mexico to bury her husband, Richard Voss.

Looks like she didn't do that, exactly  :bugeyed:

US$64 is a lot of moolah for me, especially for a deck based on an unknown system --unknown at least to me-- so YMMV.

I do agree that $32 is very small for a membership fee, though.

(Granted, I have spent a lot more than that for a special deck before, but those were special cases and I ended up selling most of them. The last two I spent a small fortune on, and kept, were the Baroque Bohemian Cats Gold edition and the Mythical Creatures, and those two will probably have to be pried off my dead, cold fingers...)

I hear you, gregs. Independent decks have been getting more and more expensive. I imagine it has to do with the fact that cost of living is going through the roof, at least in the States. Even outside of the States, Baba, for example, completely dropped their middle-of-the-road editions and is concentrating on higher-end, collectible decks.

So a decently printed independent deck under US$45 --plus shipping! -- is becoming a sort of unicorn.

On 3/19/2019 at 7:53 PM, FLizarraga said:

They seem to have a new site here: https://www.ecwid.com/store/abrahadabra/

But they still won't sell copies of the deck without a membership.

Not yet the decks BUT they've re-posted the contents of the book and are opening up the site to the public again, reposting articles as the academy and membership are no more.  Looks like a new/older era has RE-begun 🙂  They still haven't put everything on a new server, so certain images have yet to be posted.