Deck of the Week Sign-up Thread: Week 264, July 30 - August 5

fire cat pickles

fire cat pickles

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or decks) to work with for the week.

All are welcome. Please join us!      

The only rules we have are the Tarot Tea & Me rules; be respectful to each other.    

You can drop in and out anytime,   time and real life permitting.   New to tarot?  Long time reader?   Come on in.  

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week. 

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc., or not - it's all up to you.  

Participants:

1. fire cat pickles: Minchiate Fiorentine (1986 Meneghello)
  2. vulprix: Kirchner Besançon
  3. Bodhiseed: Greenwood Tarot paired with the Rune Cards
  4. happysquirrel: Osho Zen
  5. DesertRat: Textured Tarot
  6. Wyrdkiss: Forest of Enchantment
  7. AnomalyTempest: Steampunk Tarot, Matthews, ed.
  8. Flaxen: Sheridan-Douglas
  9. Mi-Shell: Jolanda Tarot
  10. Rachelcat: Lo Scarabeo Rackham Tarot, the Duck Soup Arthur Rackham Oracle

Click here for DoW 263 (7/23 - 7/29)

Click here for DoW 265 (7/6 - 8/12)

Edited by fire cat pickles

I’ll be using the Kirchner Besançon! Thank you FCP! Will be excited to see more Minchiate action, I need to keep up with your reads.

fire cat pickles

Welcome @vulprix 🙂 

I hope not to disappoint... I have been going through my list of decks as I acquired them, and as it happens have been "arriving" at my Minchiates on my list, quite frequently it seems. It has been challenging to say the least!

This week I am working on my New Moon Reading on July 31st, since it will be my lunar birthday then.

happysquirrel

I'd like to join with Osho Zen.

Could you please direct me to the rules,  where do we post and so on.

Thank you 🙏

happysquirrel

It's already July 30th over here 😉

General reading with Osho Zen

Base / Shadow 

Breakthrough ( XI) / Turning in ( 4 Cups)

First two cards feature birds,  one is a mighty free eagle, the other is little bird in the ( open) cage... ( 2 Wands vs Page Cups)

Ordinariness / 8 Pentacles in this deck to me reminds of: before Enlightenment - chop wood, carry water; after Enlightenment- chop wood, carry water...

Presumably,  it's the Consciousness

( Ace of Swords) that makes all the difference.

At the end - Transformation ( Death XIII)

In this deck, the image represents the Fenix raising... Let's hope so 🙏

20220730_020427.jpg

AnomalyTempest

I'm still in and still wanting to continue with the Matthews Steampunk. I haven't been able to post or study much lately because I have quite a bit going on, so I feel I haven't been able to dive into this deck like I want to.

This week I'll be using the Greenwood Tarot, created by Chesca Potter and published by Thorsons. The oracle I'll be using is the Rune Cards, created by Tony Linsell and Brian Partridge and published by Anglo-Saxon Books. Today's draws are the Nine of Arrows (Swords) and Oak/Ac:

nine%20of%20swords_0001.jpg   oak%20-%20ansuz.jpg

Based on paintings found in the caves of France, there is speculation that the hunting bow may have been used as a musical instrument from as early as 13,000 B.C. In Potter's drawing, a woman uses her bow as a healing, musical instrument rather than a weapon. The Anglo-Saxon poem for the rune for Oak (Ac) speaks of this tree with much respect as it feeds the pigs which provide meat for men and it provides the wood to make their boats. Thus it represented usefulness and potential power. Together, both of these cards remind me of a quote by Pema Chodron: "If someone comes along and shoots an arrow into your heart, it's fruitless to stand there and yell at the person. It would be much better to turn your attention to the fact that there's an arrow in your heart and to relate to that wound." In other words, we drop our story line and look beneath it to see what is creating our anger or fear. We tend to our wounded heart rather than trying to battle reality.

I’d like to join this week (and the coming weeks). I’m in the process of clearing out some decks and paring down my collection so it would be good to take more out for a whirl and figure out if they are in the keepers pile or need to move on. 

This week I’ll be using the Sheridan-Douglas. 🙂

Hi all!  We have quite a group this week!  Glad to see you all joining in!  And I'm late (of course), but better late than never!

This week I’ll be retrying tarot plus oracle combination readings.  I just got the Lo Scarabeo Rackham Tarot, and I already had the Duck Soup Arthur Rackham Oracle (which was a deck of the week for me last fall).  They have some of the same illustrations, so this could be interesting! 

The oracle has higher production values: two part box, gold edging, and it looks like more saturated color.  The tarot is a regular LS production: in a tuck box with a lwb, which I don’t mind at all.  It’s what I’m used to!

921578087_Saturday1.thumb.jpg.5c224364e3aac2f68dd85af95417a0ab.jpg

193224782_Saturday2.thumb.jpg.c16bffada78b9f35d2ee6ed2f8f054e5.jpg

First, an interview with the Rackham Tarot.

928788569_Saturday3.thumb.jpg.4a8d4af8bcc25650e28ca6c3558ca0ad.jpg

Most important characteristic:  Knight of Wands

The deck is very active and energetic.  It isn’t afraid to go full tilt.  This is a female knight but she’s no demure horsewoman.  She ecstatically rides through the flames. 

Strength:  Chariot

This ties in with the knight.  Although this wagon is going slower and more deliberately, it’s still moving forward toward a goal.  The strength of the deck is that it’s taking me to places I might never have been before.

Weakness:  King of Coins

The deck’s weakness is that it doesn’t break new ground or take charge if its own physical presentation.  It is too much the same as other LS decks.  (But as I said, I like that.  Including the card stock.  I know what I’m dealing with and it’s just the right amount of bend and slipperiness!)

What I can learn from deck:  2 Swords

I can delight in learning something new.  Or a sense of wonder.  I’m thinking the 2 things are the baby and the kite, one on the ground, one in the air.  Reminds me of a saying about roots and wings (whatever that is . . .?)

How I can learn it:  4 Swords

This image is the back of this deck.  Another sword about learning!  So the deck is taking my questions literally!  I can learn about roots and wings by relaxing my mind and letting it roam in the quiet, maybe in the space between sleep and waking.

Outcome of our work together:  8 Coins

Another literal card, this time about working!  It might take some work, but I can figure out a way to make this deck make sense and tie together tarot and the illustrations.  This guy is reforging a sword that was broken into pieces, so it’s about joining things together.

I like how the reading was kind of literal, or at least apropos and easy to read!  I wonder if that will continue!  I’ll be back with today’s reading.

The Textured Tarot is so beautiful that even when its message is not what you were hoping for, you still stop to say "wow, just gorgeous" AND you're not even tempted to throw the cards against the wall. 

20220731_192724.jpg

Edited by DesertRat
fix typo

Hi friends♥ I am VERY late to the party. 

Lots of things happening.....

But I am still doing my daily draws with the Jolanda deck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.