Zillich Tarot In a Tin

EmpyreanKnight

lovely to see you back around FLizarraga  <3

Rose and Flaxen, thank you! Glad you knew what I was trying to get at with it and will add this list to my wish list for the future. I don't really have any abstract decks. Maybe it will inspire me to actually study Thoth style (this is a future plan, but want to perfect other areas first) :)

The tins really are the most useful way to sell a deck!

I love The Lovers card - they way the blue and yellow begins to mix  to green:

9c8ee009237706703096e21fdf474d5f.jpg

I also like the way she has kept the feel of the dancing Death:

2c5224ea0478599e11136f96ac7f99c5.jpg

Saturn Celeste

Glad you knew what I was trying to get at with it and will add this list to my wish list for the future. I don't really have any abstract decks. Maybe it will inspire me to actually study Thoth style (this is a future plan, but want to perfect other areas first) :)

I'm not an abstract type card reader either, Daniel but this deck affects me similar to The Healing Light deck.  It is the colors of this deck that flow from one form into another making yet a third form.  It's one of the most fluid decks I own now.  I have a few Thoth decks but don't know the system that well but that doesn't stop me from reading with a Thoth deck.  The only way to get the feel for a new system is to dive in, read some Thoth books and viola! At least that's how I've been going about it!  ^-^  I have a feeling the price on this deck will go up, soon.

thank you Saturn and great advice about how to get into it  <3

you are all such naughty enablers!  ;D I was going to get it later in the year but ordered it in the end so I can read with it for the Summer Sacred Days! I just couldn't resist  :D <3

so glad you enabled me on this forum to buy it!

I adore the artwork!  <3 <3 <3

here are my fave major cards!

I hope I can read the abstract beautiful flowing art :)

2018-06-07_13_01.15-1_Large.jpg.8155d0c55c3e595967d2df0d858a1684.jpg

Saturn Celeste

so glad you enabled me on this forum to buy it!

I adore the artwork!  <3 <3 <3

here are my fave major cards!

I hope I can read the abstract beautiful flowing art :)

I've read your readings and you'll have no trouble reading these cards!  Like you, this is not my normal type of deck to purchase but when I looked at each card after opening the tin, I knew this was a special deck.  Enjoy Daniel!  ^-^

Yay, Daniel!

I’ve been using this deck constantly since I got it. It reads beautifully and the images are very evocative. This is looking like one of my top decks for 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharlotteK

I'm going to have to get this.

[emoji818] Small cards

[emoji818] In a Tin

[emoji818] Gorgeous art

[emoji818] Recognisable system

It's a win for me!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I was browsing google today to look for some reviews of this deck, I wanted to know what other people thought of it and their experiences of using it! Whilst I was doing this, I saw that many small tarot shops and selling sites have pulled this deck from stock  ??? One of the shops said that it's been temporarily withdrawn due to a "numbering issue" and will return to stock in future. Here is one shop site example. Amazon still has it available. There is nothing about this on the USGames site or their social networking channels :o

Rose as right about the strange Justice at XX but I think that was a deliberate choice.

I laid out all the Majors and realised that The Sun and The Universe are both numbered 19 (XIX) but the LWB has it correct, The Universe should be 21 (XXI). So there is a printing issue, I am not sure if it's on every deck or what. I totally didn't notice until I laid them out in numerical order :) I've not gone through all the minors in order yet.

Maybe we will have to return them for a new edition or maybe we can call them a special limited edition. Anyway how sad for this beautiful deck! It will be interesting if everyone has this error or just a few people.

2018-06-12_11_20.22_Large.jpg.81f4fed5975b79440fd0d6ac0c62a13f.jpg

Mine has that printing issue too. Doesn’t bother me too much and I’m happy to use it as is for the time being. I’ll probably write to US Games though and ask for a replacement when the new printing comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't bother me too much either because the cards are beautiful!  <3

I will keep using it for now  :))

I think in the past, the publishing companies sent out a new card to customers to keep costs down. Let's see what happens next and if it becomes more of a recall.

Rose Lalonde

Thanks for the info. Mine has XIX on the Universe too. I hadn't noticed! I'm guessing they only have to reprint the one card, but I admit I'll still be curious whether the new version has "Justice" on XX.

(Also there's a typo I think in the lwb. The Fool is called the Water element, though he's Air in the Thoth, which all the other majors are matched up to. With XII as Water too, XX as Fire and XXI as Earth, there is no major for Air in the lwb. It'll probably stay that way, since I doubt they're reprinting that.)

EmpyreanKnight

EK, thanks for the heads up!

(Btw, I can't see your images for some reason, but thanks for the facebook link.)

Image links fixed! Thanks Rose. :)

AJ-ish/Sharyn

Another lwb error.

I drew Justice/Ajdustment (XI) today which has a figure w/sword and scales.

The lwb has a page for each major

The first paragraph concerns the ox herder's goad, the yoke as beam of justice etc.

A quick run through the cards, I don't see the oxen image at all.

I'd like to have it as an extra card!

EmpyreanKnight

Ack, I hope all of these issues would be resolved. I'd like to get a copy of this deck. Thanks for the heads up guysm

Rose Lalonde

Another lwb error.

I drew Justice/Ajdustment (XI) today which has a figure w/sword and scales.

The lwb has a page for each major

The first paragraph concerns the ox herder's goad, the yoke as beam of justice etc.

A quick run through the cards, I don't see the oxen image at all.

I'd like to have it as an extra card!

The Hebrew letter Lamed that's printed on Adjustment means ox goad, but it does seem odd to focus on only that without mentioning where ox goad was coming from, other than calling it the "esoteric symbol".

Saturn Celeste

I used it today in a reading and it read great.  I feel really bad for recommending this deck.  But it really is pretty to work with, I like it.  :D

Apologies for unearthing an old thread, but I just received the Zillich Tarot today. I can say I'm in love. It's my first Thoth-style deck, and despite the issues mentioned in this thread - which don't bother me - it's a beautiful piece of watercolor art. There's not a single card I don't like, and many that I adore (Death!). I can't wait to start studying and using it.

AJ-ish/Sharyn

certainly still a favorite of mine, particularly since Rose explained the ox goad symbology. 

I can see problems like this happening on kickstarter deck, as non-publisher newbies flail about, but when long time publishers do it, shame on them, very sloppy. 

On 11/18/2019 at 5:57 PM, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

certainly still a favorite of mine, particularly since Rose explained the ox goad symbology. 

I can see problems like this happening on kickstarter deck, as non-publisher newbies flail about, but when long time publishers do it, shame on them, very sloppy. 

True, that's why I would have the hardest time even attempting a project as big as tarot deck creation. I am too scatterbrained and get lost/distracted so easily and then it's difficult to get the thought across. This deck definitely would have benefitted from a pair of fresh eyes, before it went to the printer. But it's so beautiful. I love it with all its flaws 🥰