Overly Specific Oracle Recommendation Please!

Rachelcat

Hi, good friends!  I know there are a number of collectors around here, and lots of oracle lovers!  I need your help.  I’m looking for something specific, but I’m not finding it.

I’m looking for an oracle that is all about the human body. 

It has to be an oracle, not tarot. 

It shouldn’t be exclusively sexual/erotic, but some sex is ok. 

I’d like more than just female people represented, but that’s more negotiable. 

I’m basically looking for an oracle counterpart to the Cosmic Tribe Tarot.  (Doesn’t have to be photographic, though.) 

There’s a blank spot for this in my collection.  Well, right now it’s being filled by Alex Gray’s Sacred Mirrors Cards, but it’s just not working for me.  (I even gave a copy away and rebought it to fill the spot . . .)

Any and all recommendations are welcome!  Thank you for considering my overly specific request!  I promise I'll share my odd collection sublist when this hole is filled!

I have never come across such a thing, it will be interesting to see if anyone else has!

My first thought though was that it wouldn’t be too difficult to make your own.. using a free reference photo source like Unsplash, pexels or pixabay and then printing it through either printerstudio or makeplayingcards. Just a thought 😊

Ooo, thank you @Raggydoll and @Scarlet Woodland

I never even thought of making my own.  Another (unfinished) project in the making.  But a great idea!

I needed to search Aeclectic, didn't I?  Body Cards looks pretty interesting.  We may have a winner!   But I should hold off until others chime in, since I asked.  

Thanks again!  Lots to think about!

I know it's a tarot, not an oracle which doesn't help, but there is The Body Tarot by Emma McArthur, it's unique selling point is that it has real anatomical drawings of the body and different organs / body parts make up the cards, but weirdly only has 72 cards

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/The-Body-Tarot/Emma-McArthur/9781800650961

There is an oracle called Body Healing Cards By Ewald Kliegel, this seems more like healing different layers

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Body-Healing-Cards/Ewald-Kliegel/9781644112557

16 minutes ago, DanielJUK said:

I know it's a tarot, not an oracle which doesn't help, but there is The Body Tarot by Emma McArthur, it's unique selling point is that it has real anatomical drawings of the body and different organs / body parts make up the cards, but weirdly only has 72 cards

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/The-Body-Tarot/Emma-McArthur/9781800650961

There is an oracle called Body Healing Cards By Ewald Kliegel, this seems more like healing different layers

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Body-Healing-Cards/Ewald-Kliegel/9781644112557

Thank you!

I'm not sure how tarot that tarot is!  And I don't seem to get along with Chinese elements, so that one's not looking good for me.

I like the Body Healing Cards better.  I like the art better.  It tickles me that one of the cards is elbow.  Not sure why, just seems oddly specific for only 56 cards.

@Raggydoll, I feel like just stepped into another world with those anatomy flash cards!  They also might be too specific, but it would be very cool to create an oracle out of them.  I have a beautiful chemical elements flashcard deck, but I never got too far on the oracle train with them . . .

Thanks again for all the suggestions!  I'm really enjoying reviewing everything and shopping!  

fire cat pickles
1 hour ago, Aliki said:

If you're looking for a human anatomy oracle this may be perfect for you 

Anatomize Oracle  

But closer to the deck you said i think that maybe this may be actually perfect for you Kosmos Oracle i really like this one and the colours seem amazing 

I can't afford this temptation right now!

Thank you @Aliki and everyone for the wonderful recommendations!  I really like almost all of the anatomy ones. 

But guess what, I looked back at my category and see that it says "appearance" not "body."  So the Kosmos might be the right thing after all.

But then I also want my pick to be based on some system (besides tarot), and the one @Scarlet Woodland recommended, Body Cards, is based on chakras, so there's that.  

Decisions decisions!

Thanks again!  I knew you wonderful folks would come through for me!  I'll let you know when I decide!

8 hours ago, Rachelcat said:

Thank you @Aliki and everyone for the wonderful recommendations!  I really like almost all of the anatomy ones. 

But guess what, I looked back at my category and see that it says "appearance" not "body."  So the Kosmos might be the right thing after all.

But then I also want my pick to be based on some system (besides tarot), and the one @Scarlet Woodland recommended, Body Cards, is based on chakras, so there's that.  

Decisions decisions!

Thanks again!  I knew you wonderful folks would come through for me!  I'll let you know when I decide!

You're very welcome so here you go now you have plenty of options to choose from hope you'll find what you want 😊🙏

4 hours ago, FindYourSovereignty said:

Hi @Rachelcat, not sure how this has all resolved, but I just saw this on Kickstarter and it made me think of this thread.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/katiemaike/body-health-oracle-deck?ref=discovery&term=Oracle

Well, I haven't decided yet, and you're just making it harder! 🙂  Thanks for thinking of me!  This is a wordy one, which could be good or bad . . .  Still deciding!

I thought I'd let you know I found something that I think will work.  Thanks again for all the recommendations.  I decided on Louise Hay's Love Your Body Cards.  They're square cards with "I love my" body part with illustration on one side and an affirmation on the other.

It does feature some internal organs (brain, spleen, kidneys), but it doesn't have pictures of the organs, which I think is best for a focus on "appearance" rather than "body."

But I do like some of the more anatomical decks you've shared with me.  I might get a sudden urge for a human organs deck, and then I'll know where to look!

14 hours ago, Rachelcat said:

I thought I'd let you know I found something that I think will work.  Thanks again for all the recommendations.  I decided on Louise Hay's Love Your Body Cards.  They're square cards with "I love my" body part with illustration on one side and an affirmation on the other.

It does feature some internal organs (brain, spleen, kidneys), but it doesn't have pictures of the organs, which I think is best for a focus on "appearance" rather than "body."

But I do like some of the more anatomical decks you've shared with me.  I might get a sudden urge for a human organs deck, and then I'll know where to look!

Oh i love self love and affirmations type of decks as someone who really enjoys practicing both thank you for another addition on my wishlist as well 😅

2 hours ago, Aliki said:

Oh i love self love and affirmations type of decks as someone who really enjoys practicing both thank you for another addition on my wishlist as well 😅

Happy to enable you!  😺