EmpyreanKnight

What's on your mind?

This is the unfiltered edition. Speak what's on your mind - rant, rave, write bad poetry (like yours truly), whatever - but do follow forum rules.

it's nippy outside and i am hibernating! Even told my brother to go get me fresh supplies in a few days .

I get very frustrated when people ask for my advice and then not only don't take it, but then tell me I'm entirely wrong about the situation. I want to ask these people, "If you know exactly where you're at, why did you ask for a reading about it?"

I realize this is partly what we sign up for as readers but damn it's frustrating.

Guest Empathic_Cap

Yesterday from school I've caught with a potiental soul mate in a local supermarket in which stirred up some long lost feelings from within. After my dream last I night I was being followed and a victim to pedophila. Where I seeked help from a local business woman who walked me home to ensure the elderly man didn't appear.

Once the lady mentioned the name the man showed up and just before he took advantage I had awoken from my dream state. Around 930 I begin to question Chris asking if I was being watched or followed. It turns out that I was being followed by my potiental soul mate. From this dream I think the subconscious is getting at the point where if we were to be in a relationship he'd be seen as the fatherly figure aged and poor posture not your average description of a Leo man.

Anyways he is the same age as me only younger, from this understanding I think they used something serious such as pedophila. To show me the sexualisation and the aggressive side of being with this Leo man where you will feel victimised and powerless. After this grim discovery it lead me to do a reading about the Leo man's current feelings, thoughts and etc towards me. There was this section in the reading where it's the action and I've gotten the Charoit and the Hermit.

To my understanding for me this could mean two things:

1). He wants to come out and proposal something as a couple since he has spent some time alone and gathered knowledge and etc.

2). His mother is pushing him to make a move where in some situations when he is alone he things about many "what if.." Questions.

For some more clarification I pulled out the RxKiW, which means he has lost confidence.

Henry VIII's (I imagine it must have been) number one hit song, Pastime With Good Company. Sometimes it just gets stuck in my head and I need to bob my head along to it. It's so strange to me that he wrote music and had a huge collection of recorders, back then a respected instrument but now mostly known as that annoying plastic flute you must play in elementary school ???

Wondering who this James is who was in my dream during my nap yesterday evening, and whether he's a person I actually knew. And if he is, was his name actually James? I did know a few Jameses at some point. But none whose appearance I would describe as "You know, AC/DC, Captain Hook?" XD

...it was a very strange dream. xD An encouraging one overall, I think, but still very strange.

I finally got what I've always wanted. It was hard and it took so long and I fought tooth and nail for it, but in the end, despite everything, I still won.

And now I can be genuinely happy.

I get very frustrated when people ask for my advice and then not only don't take it, but then tell me I'm entirely wrong about the situation. I want to ask these people, "If you know exactly where you're at, why did you ask for a reading about it?"

I realize this is partly what we sign up for as readers but damn it's frustrating.

Some people tell their friends their problem -or come to readers - seeking confirmation of their own thoughts, notions or actions.

They want us to say, that they are "right"

They may not be, they may be blind to the bigger picture and other people's point of view - which often is, how their problem came to be......

In these situations I always ask them why they have a sinking feeling in the back of their mind, that they might be wrong, and neeeed this confirmation.

After they share, I ask them, if they are ready to hear the voice of the cards - or the voice of the universe.......

lol At least  you had a conversation!  I've had a few readings lately where I've asked for feedback and have not heard a thing.  It hurts. I take a long time for readings, between doing the reading, writing it up, typing it up, it can be anywhere from 2 - 3 hours for a smaller spread and 5 hours or more for a Celtic Cross.  I'm relatively new and feel every little bit of feedback helps.  I remember one of my first readings I had asked for feedback from someone and didn't hear from her.  I sent her a message and she replied she didn't like the reading.  She didn't like what I had to say so she didn't want to give me the feedback.  I tried to see if there was anything else I could look into for her and she didn't reply.  Oh well, that's how it goes!

Arrived here a day or two ago.  Sent out a couple of messages - no answer; asked one or two questions - no reply. Want to join in the fun and participate in group readings, exchange readings, games, etc.  Want to be part of, and contribute to this "labor of love", but feel like [glow=blue,2,300]I'm at a party where everybody knows each other, except me[/glow],

alone%2Bin%2Ba%2Bcrowd.jpg

or, in a [glow=green,2,300]sandbox with my new shovel and bucket and nobody to play with[/glow].

346A03A000000578-3600536-image-a-3_1463738360034.jpg

[glow=red,2,300]Heeeeeeelp....[/glow]

I did a reading for someone and I'm scared to read the feedback. :-\

Don't be afraid, it's how we learn!  The feedback is the most important part of communicating with the querent--to see exactly how it went when the reading is over. ;)

We didn't get off on a good start, so now I worry that it's not my best work. What if it's bad? What do I do if it's bad? LOL :-[

You learn about what can be improved and you keep going. :) It is always the best we can give at any given moment, if it is given with a good heart, so, please, whatever the feedback is, take it as an opportunity for improvement.

Arrived here a day or two ago.  Sent out a couple of messages - no answer; asked one or two questions - no reply. Want to join in the fun and participate in group readings, exchange readings, games, etc.  Want to be part of, and contribute to this "labor of love", but feel like [glow=blue,2,300]I'm at a party where everybody knows each other, except me[/glow],

or, in a [glow=green,2,300]sandbox with my new shovel and bucket and nobody to play with[/glow].

Hi Shivani! You sent me a PM around 9 hours ago, and I only got to read your message now since I received yours at around 2 AM in my time zone. You definitely can join any of the circles once they open up in early February even if you're a newbie. Both the January editions of the Intuitive Study Group and the Circle of Seasons Exchanges end on the 30th, so in a few days after that you can check when they load their February threads here:

https://www.thetarotforum.com/tarot-reading-circles/

If you want tho, I can Mention you once they come up so that you'd know when they do pop up. :)

Right now, you can participate (as I do) in the Lunar Eclipse Group Reading here:

https://www.thetarotforum.com/group-readings/lunar-eclipse-lunar-group-reading-for-january-2018/

It's a group reading tho, so we just talk about how the moon influences our readings and practices until the ultra-rare blue moon eclipse on the 31st, upon which we'll post our own self-reading using the month's spread on or just before the full moon eclipse. You might want to check out how our discussions there go by reading the thread. It's pretty lively, and the hosts, RavenOfSummer and Raggydoll, are very very nice and accommodating! :D

We also post our own musings and readings in our own journals over at the Daily Draws section:

https://www.thetarotforum.com/daily-draws/

We sometimes comment on each other's posts, so if you do want to start your own place here where you can show others your own readings, then we'll be waiting for you to join us! I've learned quite a bit from reading other members' journals there, and I hope you will too.

Also, every week at around Thursday or Friday, VGimlet starts a Deck of the Week thread here:

https://www.thetarotforum.com/deck-of-the-week/

This is where we discuss the Tarot/Oracle/Lenormand/etc decks that we shall be using for that week, any spreads we want to try, pics of our cards, etc. There are no hard and fast rules really, so you may want to check out how we handled our previous threads. And actually, you can join the currently-running thread at any time, tho I reckon our host is gonna start one in 24 hours. If you want, I can Mention you once a new one is started to alert you.

So please don't feel like we're leaving you out, Shivani. We so want to have you with us here, so don't be afraid of posting your thoughts and commenting. I don't always get replies from my posts too, and that's OK really, because when they do they're always sincere. Most of your posts were made in the last 12 hours or so, so just give it time and people will respond. I see that we share some interests (we both like horror anthologies!) so I'd definitely like to hear more from you. :)

Lastly, I've never tried subscribing to a thread since I always just check out the Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit link that can be found at the top of most pages here. It looks like this:

Show unread posts since last visit

AFAIK tho, all the thread pages have a Notify link near the top and bottom of each posts set. I think that you have to click on any one of them to subscribe to that particular thread.

I hope this helped, Shivani. See you around! :)

Hi Shivani! You sent me a PM around 9 hours ago, and I only got to read your message now since I received yours at around 2 AM in my time zone. You definitely can join any of the circles once they open up in early February even if you're a newbie. Both the January editions of the Intuitive Study Group and the Circle of Seasons Exchanges end on the 30th, so in a few days after that you can check when they load their February threads here:

https://www.thetarotforum.com/tarot-reading-circles/

If you want tho, I can Mention you once they come up so that you'd know when they do pop up. :)

Right now, you can participate (as I do) in the Lunar Eclipse Group Reading here:

https://www.thetarotforum.com/group-readings/lunar-eclipse-lunar-group-reading-for-january-2018/

It's a group reading tho, so we just talk about how the moon influences our readings and practices until the ultra-rare blue moon eclipse on the 31st, upon which we'll post our own self-reading using the month's spread on or just before the full moon eclipse. You might want to check out how our discussions there go by reading the thread. It's pretty lively, and the hosts, RavenOfSummer and Raggydoll, are very very nice and accommodating! :D

We also post our own musings and readings in our own journals over at the Daily Draws section:

https://www.thetarotforum.com/daily-draws/

We sometimes comment on each other's posts, so if you do want to start your own place here where you can show others your own readings, then we'll be waiting for you to join us! I've learned quite a bit from reading other members' journals there, and I hope you will too.

Also, every week at around Thursday or Friday, VGimlet starts a Deck of the Week thread here:

https://www.thetarotforum.com/deck-of-the-week/

This is where we discuss the Tarot/Oracle/Lenormand/etc decks that we shall be using for that week, any spreads we want to try, pics of our cards, etc. There are no hard and fast rules really, so you may want to check out how we handled our previous threads. And actually, you can join the currently-running thread at any time, tho I reckon our host is gonna start one in 24 hours. If you want, I can Mention you once a new one is started to alert you.

So please don't feel like we're leaving you out, Shivani. We so want to have you with us here, so don't be afraid of posting your thoughts and commenting. I don't always get replies from my posts too, and that's OK really, because when they do they're always sincere. Most of your posts were made in the last 12 hours or so, so just give it time and people will respond. I see that we share some interests (we both like horror anthologies!) so I'd definitely like to hear more from you. :)

Lastly, I've never tried subscribing to a thread since I always just check out the Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit link that can be found at the top of most pages here. It looks like this:

Show unread posts since last visit

AFAIK tho, all the thread pages have a Notify link near the top and bottom of each posts set. I think that you have to click on any one of them to subscribe to that particular thread.

I hope this helped, Shivani. See you around! :)

Thank you, EK. The mentoring you have just generously provided me with was exactly what I needed. I don't feel so much like a stranger anymore and I have an idea, now, where I can step in and join the flow.  :) Much appreciated. Although new to TT&M, I am very happy to return the favour, and help any newcomers as you have helped me, here, this evening.

Currently musing about how the context cards are in in a spread can affect how they're read... and what to think when you go back to a reading and see that you've interpreted some of the cards completely oppositely to how they're normally interpreted. I don't think I'd overrule my interpretation in the case of the last spread I did, but now I'm wondering about how similar yet different each interpretation of the reading is. They both seem to have the same general meaning underneath it all: keep a balanced approach and you'll work through things fine. It's the nuances that are different.

Basically, context is an interesting topic to think about.

Few things will inspire you to take care of your messy depression kitchen than finding some gross bug! My kitchen wasn't too bad by my standards but I saw a lone ant running on my stove :'( my friend told me he was a scout looking for food, and despite it being January and snowy outside it's been a bit warmer the last few days so his colony probably woke up hungry. I cleaned my stove and half my counter and hoped I could do the rest tomorrow... then I went for a midnight snack and I saw a new scouting ant! Did most of my dishes and cleaned the rest of my counter. Ants don't care if your house is a mess or not according to my friend, they'll go anywhere they find a way into, but I don't want them to find a lot of snackish ant food so I just hope there isn't too many crumbs hidden under the stove :'(

Few things will inspire you to take care of your messy depression kitchen than finding some gross bug!

I hear ya!  I live on the west coast of Florida in the Tampa Bay area and our state bird is the palmetto bug!  ;D  But seriously we have huge roaches down here.  We also have cats.  The only roach we might see (once in a blue moon) is a dead roach.

american-cockroach-illustration_1376x1147.jpg.b87bb2c629a0074f56f7a1d8a24cb748.jpg