What's on your mind?

EmpyreanKnight

Not really a fan of Valentine's! I have had worse years of it, this year I totally ignored any feelings about it being eternally single but this year I feel okay being eternally single. Even if I was in a relationship I think I would loathe it, a capitalist special day of proving how much money you think someone is worth. I like something a little more meaningful  <3

All these "celebration" days are weird. At Christmas, I always think of people who don't have families, etc. These are money making ventures, for the most part.

Another thing, too. Way too much pressure re. having a mate, nowadays, like there's something wrong with being alone! Honestly, everyone should read Solitude by Michael Harris or Feldon's Living Alone and Loving It.

Came to ponder about how the moon affects me and what potion I should make for this New Moon, found out there's been yet another school shooting south of the border.

Gonna go light a candle...

Guest Empathic_Cap

Came to ponder about how the moon affects me and what potion I should make for this New Moon, found out there's been yet another school shooting south of the border.

It's only the 14th day within February so roughly about about a month and a half into 2018 and there's already 19 mass shootings in the U.S.  This world is heading into dark times...

Why does glitter that doesn't dissolve almost immediately in drinks have to be so difficult to make or find? *sigh* (◡ﬦ ◡❀) I'm too scared to buy anything, most of it's just plastic even if it's "non-toxic"... like, that doesn't mean it's edible, yo. Perhaps I'll have to settle for some glitter just floating on my drink for a few seconds instead of having it be all pretty swirling in the drink...

It's only the 14th day within February so roughly about about a month and a half into 2018 and there's already 19 mass shootings in the U.S.  This world is heading into dark times...

Ugh, ikr? I don't even understand the mindset that's led to it happening... But then again, I've had Americans yell at me for my stance on guns and personal responsibility, so...

Also, glad to see you post again! (˶◕ ω ◕˶❀)

I really wonder:

How I can contribute better to TT&M?

How can I be more interactive?

(I seem to start threads that get no response or die). Would offering to read for others be a good idea? More activity in my Daily Draw journal? And, I'm involved in reading circles (although I see that the last Oracle reading circle was in December) which I love.

What do you think? Do you have any suggestions? (Thank you).

EmpyreanKnight

Tbh, you're doing mighty fine as you are now, Shivani. I've created a few clunker threads too lol. I just take it in stride tho. It's just how it is.

I've learned some things from your posts, so I think that you've already made nice contributions here. Just keep being you, Shivani. :)

Tbh, you're doing mighty fine as you are now, Shivani. I've created a few clunker threads too lol. I just take it in stride tho. It's just how it is.

I've learned some things from your posts, so I think that you've already made nice contributions here. Just keep being you, Shivani. :)

Thank you, EK. Sound advice. :D

Saturn Celeste

I really wonder:

(I seem to start threads that get no response or die). Would offering to read for others be a good idea? More activity in my Daily Draw journal? And, I'm involved in reading circles (although I see that the last Oracle reading circle was in December) which I love.

Oh Shivanni!  Don't worry about the number of threads that don't make it!  I am the OG Thread Killah!  I've been killing threads for over 15 years, I'm a pro!  >:D  If I weren't so busy, I'd love to go through and just read your posts right down the list.  You have lovely thoughts and sound reasoning.  Don't think for a minute that you are a Thread Killah.  Look at it this way, it's actually The Wheel in action. ;)

I really wonder:

Oh Shivanni!  Don't worry about the number of threads that don't make it!  I am the OG Thread Killah!  I've been killing threads for over 15 years, I'm a pro!  >:D  If I weren't so busy, I'd love to go through and just read your posts right down the list.  You have lovely thoughts and sound reasoning.  Don't think for a minute that you are a Thread Killah.  Look at it this way, it's actually The Wheel in action. ;)

Thank you, my dear. I appreciate your words very much.  <3 <3 <3

Page of Ghosts

(cw - mentions self-harm)

I had a really bizarre encounter many years ago that I still sometimes think about. I was at a party on a boat by the docks. The boat was owned by a guy in maybe his late twenties that had worked at my friend's job many years ago so that's why we were there. She and him hadn't met before but people would come by that place and hang out long after they quit (it was a pretty cool club even if it was one of the few that allowed 18-year olds, the age limit for buying beer) and he seemed alright so we joined him and some others at the boat. At some point, maybe when my friend was away in the bathroom or something, he sort of... went off on me. I was wearing a t-shirt so you could see the scars on my arm which are very obviously from self-harming and this somehow really provoked him. He started telling me I was a terrible person for hurting myself and thus not caring about my family, while he, who had struggled with addiction and finally overcome it, was so much better and had actually helped a homeless person like himself by taking him to a local music festival recently, unlike me who was just... bad. Terrible, in fact! I don't think I managed to say much, I was really taken aback by the whole thing and kind of paralyzed/stuck to my seat. He was such an amazingly good person, telling a mentally ill teenage girl she was the scourge of the earth? Finally I managed to get up, got my friend, jumped off the boat which was thankfully docked and not out at sea, the jerk said something really condescending about my friend having to take care of me, and we went home to sleep after I had howled and cried pretty much the whole way (after being, I guess, verbally abused?). I got the impression he thought that me becoming upset and taking off was "proof" he was right about everything he said, which just... wow. What a guy.

It still baffles me to this day. I thought he was kinda cute so I wanted to talk to him and was at first happy when he did, before I realised what was going on. I was really shy so I don't know if he noticed that. On some level it seemed like he wanted to help me and tell me there was more to life than self-harming - he had come out of addiction himself and, I guess, learned something from the experience? But the way he went about it was really asshole-ish! Maybe he thought he had needed a proper talking to back in the day so he went off on the first candidate he met, making all kinds of wild assumptions :'( I still don't understand why he thought his behaviour that night = good, helpful person. For a while I hoped his boat would go down or something, I was so angry at him, but that is really mean so now I just hope he has reached some actual enlightenment sans asshole behaviour and don't act that way towards other people he meets.

It is to date maybe the most bizarre experience I've ever had with a human man on planet earth.

Page of Ghosts

Dear Page...What a horrible experience! I am so sorry you had to be subjected to that. People can be real assholes.

I'm ok now but sometimes it just pops up like earlier today when I woke up. and I end up thinking about it for a while. It really was weird and I still don't quite understand what possessed him to think that those were ok things to say.

Page of Ghosts[/member] that had to be so incredibly hurtful ~hugs~.  It is good that you can talk about and not internalize it.  The fact that you wish him enlightment when all he had to offer was verbal abuse shows who the really good person is.  And you are working on yourself which is also a sign that you are helping yourself.  I for one am honored to call you a friend  :)

Shivani[/member] I like reading your posts even if I do not always respond.  I have been a thread killer too  >:D

Today I am simply wondering when my Caitlin Matthews Lenormand book is going to get here so I can delve in and see what this Lenormand stuff is all about.  Got my Gilded Reverie (expanded edition) on Friday and enjoyed looking through the deck and reading the little book, but I have to say that was not enough for me to go on being that I know nothing of Lenormand.  Might dig around on the internet to see if I find a few things to print so I can take home and play with my new deck.

Today I am simply wondering when my Caitlin Matthews Lenormand book is going to get here so I can delve in and see what this Lenormand stuff is all about.  Got my Gilded Reverie (expanded edition) on Friday and enjoyed looking through the deck and reading the little book, but I have to say that was not enough for me to go on being that I know nothing of Lenormand.  Might dig around on the internet to see if I find a few things to print so I can take home and play with my new deck.

I know exactly how you feel. I've started with Caitlin Matthews' book, but, confess, that I'm cross-referencing with Andy Boroveshengra's Lenormand Thirty Six Cards: An Introduction to the Petit Lenormand . I find it really, rally good and he follows the same system as Caitlin Matthews.

Looking forward to our studying this together, Jewel.  <3

I know exactly how you feel. I've started with Caitlin Matthews' book, but, confess, that I'm cross-referencing with Andy Boroveshengra's Lenormand Thirty Six Cards: An Introduction to the Petit Lenormand . I find it really, rally good and he follows the same system as Caitlin Matthews.

So am I!!!! Good thing you have the other book I will have to wait until my b-day next month to get it.  But EK said the Caitlin Matthews book is much like a text book and I am a proverbial student so I thought I might get along well with it and making sense of it.  I have no problems skipping around in the book and putting all of it together LOL.  Maybe I can help you enjoy your Caitlin Matthews book more and you can teach me from the other  ;D

So am I!!!! Good thing you have the other book I will have to wait until my b-day next month to get it.  But EK said the Caitlin Matthews book is much like a text book and I am a proverbial student so I thought I might get along well with it and making sense of it.  I have no problems skipping around in the book and putting all of it together LOL.  Maybe I can help you enjoy your Caitlin Matthews book more and you can teach me from the other  ;D

For sure, Jewel! I just know that if we put our minds and hearts together this Lenormand will not get the better of us.  ;D

For sure, Jewel! I just know that if we put our minds and hearts together this Lenormand will not get the better of us.  ;D

I can only hope you are right LOL.  I have all kinds of embers in the fire (monthly tarot deck project, trying to write a tarot deck review a month, my Wizards Tarot and 78 Weeks Study Group I attached to the project, if we get enough interest I will be involved with the Faerie Reading Circle, possibly something with 21 Ways to Read A Tarot Card in the near future (and that is time consuming when you get deeper in) and Lenormand!)  I am going to have to assign days of the week for each thing ROFLMAO.

I can only hope you are right LOL.  I have all kinds of embers in the fire (monthly tarot deck project, trying to write a tarot deck review a month, my Wizards Tarot and 78 Weeks Study Group I attached to the project, if we get enough interest I will be involved with the Faerie Reading Circle, possibly something with 21 Ways to Read A Tarot Card in the near future (and that is time consuming when you get deeper in) and Lenormand!)  I am going to have to assign days of the week for each thing ROFLMAO.

21 Ways would be great, too. I would definitely join. We'll take in easy with the Lenormand. We're just trying to learn it, right?

EmpyreanKnight

I'm so curiois about what you've got brewing here regarding the Lenormand. :)

Beautiful sunset!

What's on my mind? How amazingly literal cards can be. Pulled Iris of the Rainbows from my Faeries Oracle this morning. Thought 'how nice but her usual message of hope after a storm doesn't apply to my life at the moment...'

Fast forward to this afternoon and my daughter asked me to help her draw round objects and colour them in with her. Have spent the last hour colouring everything in rainbow stripes at her insistence! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page of Ghosts

Thank you Jewel[/member] and Shivani[/member] ! With some people you just run into like that you never get any kind of closure or apology, so all you can do is hope that they somewhere along the way change their ways and no more other people are hurt.

I'm so curiois about what you've got brewing here regarding the Lenormand. :)

Shivani and I have decided to partner up and attempt to learn Lenormand together  :D, that's wha's brewing  >:D  Can we come to you for help if we need to? LOL.  My book still has not come in though, as I know didly squat about Lenormand.  Yes I have read a little here and there in recent days, but I like to sprawl out with my cards, books and a notebook.  I am such a nerd LOL (but wear the moniker with pride).

What's on my mind??? where the heck is my Lenormand book??????