What's on your mind?

EmpyreanKnight

sandrang123

Ohhhh, have fun with them! And happy birthday!!!!

My b-day Amazon box with the Victorian Fairy Tarot and Every Day Witch tarot should arrive today!  Really wish I did not have to wait until the 14th to open it .... I suppose the next few days opening the box will be on my mind  ;D

faerybraids

Note to self: when hypomanic, make sure you look at a calendar to see how many days have passed without you realising. And have someone state that number to you. Since, you know, even when you do look nothing really registers because time's a different thing for you. *flail*

EmpyreanKnight

Holy Week is next next week. Which means a 4-dat vacay here in my country, which I really need right since the last weeks have been pretty exhausting. It will also be a time for reflection for most Christians, and I'm thinking of productive ways to spend it.

Holy Week is next next week. Which means a 4-dat vacay here in my country, which I really need right since the last weeks have been pretty exhausting. It will also be a time for reflection for most Christians, and I'm thinking of productive ways to spend it.

That's really something to look forward to.

What ways have you come up with, so far?

EmpyreanKnight

That's really something to look forward to.

What ways have you come up with, so far?

I'm thinking of a visita iglesia, where we go on a pilgrimage to 14 churches and pray there to mark the 14 stations of the cross. 7 churches are acceptable too. :)

We built a house in the province of Pampanga, and they have lots of great Holy Week pageants there. There's a hill nearby where actual live crucifixions (like guys being nailed to an actual cross) take place on Good Friday, but I don't think I'll be going now since I have some commitments here. Maybe next year.

This isn't church-related, but folks here believe that on Good Friday, the powers of the occult reach their zenith, so I'd make sure to prepare some rituals for that. I also noticed that the Blue Moon happens to fall on Black Saturday, so I'm going to prepare for something then as well. ;)

EmpyreanKnight

There's really nothing like a work-free Monday to lighten up one's day. 8)

You're making me green... LOLOL

It's back to the daily grind cum rat race tomorrow, so i'm gonna enjoy this one while it lasts lol. ;D

My b-day Amazon box with the Victorian Fairy Tarot and Every Day Witch tarot should arrive today!  Really wish I did not have to wait until the 14th to open it .... I suppose the next few days opening the box will be on my mind  ;D

Stop abusing yourself! You have my permission to peek at Everyday Witch. Hope you love it.

EmpyreanKnight

It's back to the daily grind cum rat race tomorrow, so i'm gonna enjoy this one while it lasts lol. ;D

Hope this week's been good to you, EK. [emoji4]

Except for a major hiccup, it was quite nice. Thanks Shivani, and I hope you had a good week too. ^-^

Hope this week's been good to you, EK. [emoji4]

Except for a major hiccup, it was quite nice. Thanks Shivani, and I hope you had a good week too. ^-^

I can't complain, EK. We are blessed that we are working, even if it isn't always a bed of roses. [emoji4]

Page of Ghosts

I ordered some books, well, mostly comics, from Bookdepository last Monday and only one of them has shipped :'( It's a Junji Ito book so very fitting for the season if it should arrive this week (post might be slow due to the holidays) but still I'm disappointed. They're usually pretty fast. Can I blame this on Mercury? Haha.

Page of Ghosts

Oh my. Have you been watching The Junji Ito Collection, Page?

The large hardback Tomie book from Viz came today and Easter is saved! >:D Looking forward to reading it again as I first read it many years ago on one of those questionable mange sites online, just about when the Museum of Terror volumes, as they were called, went OOP. So glad to have my own legit version of this and support Ito himself :)) Two of the other books are on their way so it's just Creative Tarot that's lagging behind now.

I haven't seen the Junji Ito Collection but I'm aware it exists. Crunchyroll is probably where I'll have to see it. Have you seen it and do you recommend it?

EmpyreanKnight

If you liked Ito's manga, I very highly recommend the anime, Page! The 12-episode series just concluded, so this would be one awesome binge. It's an anthology really, since each episode has 2 stories. Enjoy!

The 2-part Tomie OVA is going to be released in late April and late May, so watch out for that too. Btw the anime showed one Tomie story, and it's delish. :)

EmpyreanKnight

Today is the start of a 4-day Holy Week long weekend here, so I'm just chillin. I can finally de-stress.

Okay. I can't say this on social media because my co-workers will see it and know what I'm referring to.

And I can't call my co-workers about it, because they've been instructed not to take my calls.

And I surely can't email them about it, because they've been instructed not to answer my emails.

So here, in our safe and sweet little tarot community, in a corner of the web that is seen by very few, I can say this:

WTF!?! Is my office trying to give me a heart attack on top of everything else wrong with me? For freak sake, when I walked out of the office early last week to go to the doctor, I left a million loose ends, and had no idea I was going to end up in the hospital and then off work for multiple weeks. It will CALM me down to be able able to at least tell my co-workers where things are, where to find the files they need, and the state of certain projects in progress. Do they WANT to spend hours re-creating something that I probably sitting on my C drive, or in the file drawer to the left of my desk (not the one on the right), or in the red binder (not any of the white ones)?

It's not as if I have, or even can, stop ALL work entirely. There are 2 weeks left in the academic semester, and on top of my day job on campus, I also adjunct online. I've already been paid for my adjunct work. That's a contract -- I agree to teach one course a semester, and they pay me a designated amount. I cannot, 2 weeks from the end, start telling my undergraduate students, "oh, sorry, I can't grade your papers because of an illness -- I'll be back in touch with all of you by June." And I cannot phone the department chair and say, "Hey, I know you are all busy and whatnot, but maybe there's a graduate assistant who can pop in and grade the last two rounds of papers, write my online final exam, and turn final grades in for me?".

So having my "staff job" office treat me as if I must not communicate at all while my "faculty job" is completely online and must continue as usual is utterly confounding for me.

And yes, I know in the back of my mind that my entire rant here is just evidence of how very, very much I need to detach and not even think about my staff job. On one level, I get it. On another level, though, I'm still very angry.

DNA testing has confirmed that I have another half-sister (we share a father).

So now I have 3 half-sisters and 2 half-brothers for certain, plus one more brother who might be a half-sibling by blood, or might have been adopted? I'm not sure, but he does have my father's last name.

My father got around, that's for sure.

I somehow got pregnant despite using the shot, a condom, and the fact my man said it was slim to none that he would ever have a child--he even has the record to prove it.

I really don't want this child, but as it is supposedly a miracle baby, he wants to keep it.

I do not understand how my guides can just have such control over my body.  I said multiple times i didn't want kids.

The Universe does not care.