Atu IX - Orpheus

Aeon418

4 hours ago, smw said:

Perhaps the invisible hand of the Hermit matches the ‘dark red’ of his cloak hiding the inner light in the darkness of the underworld, in contrast to the Emperor’s bright red martial colours - Aries, with the Sun exalted.

I'm not entirely sure what colour the Hermit's cloak is. Variations in colour reproduction between different printings of the deck make it difficult to determine.

In the Book of Thoth Crowley says it is the colour of Binah. This must be in the king scale, which is crimson. That would be a deep, rich red that is verging on purple. However both Osiris Snuffin and Phyllis Seckler claim it is actually plum colour. That's Yod in the princess scale. I will have to check the notes to the colour scales in 777 to see if there's a clue to the discrepancy.

I see the colours something like this chart, though it might be different for others.

Plum second row down

Crimson for the Hermit (dark red)  & Scarlet (bright red) for the Emperor IMG_8496.thumb.jpeg.d815a31907eb2f4ed35acbcedcd6ea39.jpeg

Edited by smw

16 hours ago, smw said:

Perhaps the invisible hand of the Hermit matches the ‘dark red’ of his cloak hiding the inner light in the darkness of the underworld, in contrast to the Emperor’s bright red martial colours - Aries, with the Sun exalted.

It's interesting to note that the wheel of the zodiac is initiated by the springtime scarlet of Aries, but the circle is completed by the crimson of Pisces. In his notes Crowley says:

The colour which completes the  circle is described as crimson, and is attributed to Pisces, the allusion being to the relation of Pisces with Binah through the ATU XVIII, the Moon, in which also is shown the pool of midnight through which Kephra travels in his bark; and this suggests the Night of Pan which hangs over the City of the Pyramids.

The Hermit, clothed in the colour of Binah, has experienced the Night of Pan or the annihilation of all (Pan = All). This is hinted at by the mystic number of the path of Yod, which is 210 = N.O.X. Consequently he no longer "makes difference between any one thing and any other thing." To the Hermit every experience is Nuit/Babalon/the Divine feminine. Whether he wins the lottery or steps in a dog turd, it's all Nuit/Babalon. It's all Joy! 😀

This may point to Liber AL, II:24 and Hadit's friends. (Incidentally this is the 90th verse. 90 = Tzaddi = Atu IV, The Emperor.)

Behold! these be grave mysteries; for there are also of my friends who be hermits. Now think not to find them in the forest or on the mountain; but in beds of purple, caressed by magnificent beasts of women with large limbs, and fire and light in their eyes, and masses of flaming hair about them; there shall ye find them. Ye shall see them at rule, at victorious armies, at all the joy; and there shall be in them a joy a million times greater than this. Beware lest any force another, King against King! Love one another with burning hearts; on the low men trample in the fierce lust of your pride, in the day of your wrath.

Having experienced the annihilation of all in Binah, there is no longer any need for the Hermit to retreat from the world. In fact there is no longer anywhere for the Hermit to go that is not Nuit/Babalon. The entire universe is his hermitage. He literally is Hadit at the very heart of Nuit.

At rule = Chesed? 

Victoriuos armies = Geburah?

All the joy = Tiphareth or path of Teth, Atu XI. 

Joy a million times greater than this = Kether? and the real Hermit, Hadit in the infinite embrace of Nuit, despite the deceptive appearances of external circumstance. "It may be that yonder beggar is a King."

13 hours ago, Aeon418 said:

I'm not entirely sure what colour the Hermit's cloak is. Variations in colour reproduction between different printings of the deck make it difficult to determine.

In the Book of Thoth Crowley says it is the colour of Binah. This must be in the king scale, which is crimson. That would be a deep, rich red that is verging on purple. However both Osiris Snuffin and Phyllis Seckler claim it is actually plum colour. That's Yod in the princess scale. I will have to check the notes to the colour scales in 777 to see if there's a clue to the discrepancy.

Got it 🤓 ha!

The Zodiacal colours proceed systematically from the Scarlet of Aries to the Violet of Aquarius. The colour which completes the circle is described as crimson, and is attributed to Pisces, the allusion being to the relation of Pisces with Binah through the Atu XVIII, the Moon, in which is also shown the pool of midnight… 

(Liber 777)

This makes the circuit from the fiery scarlet red of the Emperor in Aries to Violet, a purplish (could be considered plum?) colour in the loop with Aquarius, The Star. Then circling  back to the Hermit, the opposite loop, with his cloak completed in Crimson.  Here associated with Binah, making sense of AC’s reference in the Thoth.

The colour of his cloak is the colour of Binah, in whom he gestates

(BoTh)

In Liber 777, King scale of colour, ‘The crimson represents blood’ (life force) & ‘Scarlet ‘naturally represents the activity of Fire’ (the Emperor) 

Also, Interestingly, in  precious  stones, the ‘Star Ruby’ represents the male energy of the Creator Star & the Ruby represents Flaming energy. 

The creator Hermit & flaming fiery Emperor.

Edited by smw

39 minutes ago, smw said:

This makes the circuit from the fiery scarlet red of the Emperor in Aries to Violet, a purplish (could be considered plum?) colour in the loop with Aquarius, The Star. Then circling  back to the Hermit, the opposite loop, with his cloak completed in Crimson.  Here associated with Binah, making sense of AC’s reference in the Thoth.

It might also be worth considering the colours associated with the signs/cards that are looped around Virgo/the Hermit with the Egg of the All that he is adoring. The wheat seems to have a greenish tinge too.

Path 19 - Atu XI, Lust (Teth=Serpent) - The Beast and Babalon conjoined - with it's light greens and purple.  

Path 22 - Atu VIII, Adjustment - The Woman Satisfied and the Daughter(Heh-final) raised to the Throne of the Mother(Heh/Binah) - Emeraled or pale green.

The plum colour associated with Yod in Assiah is also significant. It suggests the masculine seed-Yod "gestating" in the lowest world of Assiah, which is simultaneously one with Briah because the Daughter is the Mother, the Mother is the Daughter. The Hermit "knows" this because to him All is Nuit/Babalon. As the seed he is the cause of change via the union of opposites within Her through "love under will." 

Edited by Aeon418

1 hour ago, Aeon418 said:

It might also be worth considering the colours associated with the signs/cards that are looped around Virgo/the Hermit with the Egg of the All that he is adoring.

Path 19 - Atu XI, Lust (Teth=Serpent) - The Beast and Babalon conjoined - with it's light greens and purple.  

Path 22 - Atu VIII, Adjustment - The Woman Satisfied and the Daughter(Heh-final) raised to the Throne of the Mother(Heh/Binah) - Emeraled or pale green.

The plum colour associated with Yod in Assiah is also significant. It suggests the masculine seed-Yod "gestating" in the lowest world of Assiah, which is simultaneously one with Briah because the Daughter is the Mother, the Mother is the Daughter. The Hermit "knows" this because to him All is Nuit/Babalon. As the seed he is the cause of change via the union of opposites within Her through "love under will." 

A whole new world of green 🙂

it seems a bit trickier working out the colour scale for Assiah. The Empress scale (He) seems to be a mix or complement of the previous scales. 

I’m thinking though that the extract below might relate to what you have said - it links the daughter (Malkuth) with the Empress (Mother) on the throne of spirit. 

But in each case there is an added brightness whose source must be discovered by meditation.

This brightness is a phenomenon compatible to that described above in connection with the Empresses being the thrones of the Spirit, and Malkuth (Assiah) being the extreme departure from the perfection of the Supernals, and so a link through which the whole redemption of the whole complex subterstructure below the Abyss May be accomplished. 

Though I’m thinking this is might be related to violet,  the colour of spirit & unseen UV spectrum. 

Edited by smw

3 hours ago, Aeon418 said:

It's interesting to note that the wheel of the zodiac is initiated by the springtime scarlet of Aries, but the circle is completed by the crimson of Pisces. 

That seems a bit like the revolving story of spring fertility and wintering in Hades for Persephone the Queen of hell

Edited by smw

The "added brightness" that must be discovered by meditation seems to me to be pointing to the Hermit's Lamp. While it may seem to us that the Hermit is shining his guiding light into the darkness, in actuality he is only revealing that which is already there. While the Hermit realises this through his adoration of the greenish Orphic egg, which we are told by Crowley is "conterminous with the universe," we are just too blind (by captivity to Cerberus?) to see it.

The snake that is wrapped around the Orphic Egg is described as "many-coloured to signify the iridescence of Mercury. For he is not only creative, but is the fluidic essence of Light, which is the life of the Universe."

Later on in his description of the Hermit, Crowley draws our attention back to the legend of Persephone.

This card recalls the Legend of Persephone, and herein is a dogma. Concealed within Mercury is a light which pervades all parts of the Universe equally

While it may seem as if we need to be rescued by a guiding light that leads us out of the underworld, this turns out to be not the case. Upon reaching the realm of Demeter, corresponding to Binah, we realise there is no separation in the universe. Everything is connected, including that which we mistakenly thought was the underworld of material existence - the world of Assiah and Heh-final. (Compare this with Crowley's comments on Atu XVIII, The Moon and how it is connected to the Night of Pan in Binah.) For this reason Persephone stays on both worlds (which are really one) for different seasons. The same light pervades all parts of the Universe equally.

Edited by Aeon418

38 minutes ago, smw said:

That seems a bit like the revolving story of spring fertility and wintering in Hades for Persephone the Queen of hell

Yes, the cycle of the seasons. A changeless eternal circle, which nevertheless is itself continual change. This in turn reflects the revolution of the tetragrammaton, IHVH. where the Father and Mother combine to create Son and Daughter. The Son raises the Daughter to the throne and makes her the new Queen and Mother, while he becomes the new King and Father. Rinse and repeat.

This in turn is symbolic of the way in which the Changeless and Eternal Absolute seeks to experience itself through the assumption of (apparent or illusory) imperfection. Other traditions conceptualise this as a Fall and existence as a punishment for disobedience. Crowley rejected this pessimistic view of life. To him the Infinite becomes Finite simply to experience itself from a unique point of view before being eventually reabsorbed back into the infinite. Rinse and repeat.

Or as Crowley says in the Hermit chapter itself:

Virgo represents the lowest, most receptive, most feminine form of earth, and forms the crust over Hades. Yet not only is Virgo ruled by Mercury, but Mercury is exalted therein. Compare the Ten of Disks, and the general doctrine that the climax of the Descent into Matter is the signal for the redintegration by Spirit. It is the Formula of the Princess, the mode of fulfilment of the Great Work.

On 11/12/2023 at 3:07 PM, Aeon418 said:

The Hermit, clothed in the colour of Binah, has experienced the Night of Pan or the annihilation of all (Pan = All). This is hinted at by the mystic number of the path of Yod, which is 210 = N.O.X. Consequently he no longer "makes difference between any one thing and any other thing." To the Hermit every experience is Nuit/Babalon/the Divine feminine. Whether he wins the lottery or steps in a dog turd, it's all Nuit/Babalon. It's all Joy! 😀

Cerberus turds are particularly special though... three times lucky😄

On 11/12/2023 at 3:07 PM, Aeon418 said:

This may point to Liber AL, II:24 and Hadit's friends. (Incidentally this is the 90th verse. 90 = Tzaddi = Atu IV, The Emperor.)

Behold! these be grave mysteries; for there are also of my friends who be hermits. Now think not to find them in the forest or on the mountain; but in beds of purple, caressed by magnificent beasts of women with large limbs, and fire and light in their eyes, and masses of flaming hair about them; there shall ye find them. Ye shall see them at rule, at victorious armies, at all the joy; and there shall be in them a joy a million times greater than this. Beware lest any force another, King against King! Love one another with burning hearts; on the low men trample in the fierce lust of your pride, in the day of your wrath.

Friends or no, ultimately it would seem the Emperor rules with his Altar & Hermit's Lamp...

Pass thou on, therefore, O thou Prophet of the Gods, unto the Cubical Altar of the Universe; there shalt thou receive every tribe and kingdom and nation into the mighty Order that reacheth from the frontier fortresses that guard the Uttermost Abyss unto My Throne.

This is the formula of the Aeon, and with that the voice of LIL, that is the Lamp of the Invisible Light, is ended. Amen.

Edited by smw

On 11/12/2023 at 5:37 PM, smw said:

A whole new world of green 🙂

That's pretty much Crowley's closing words on Atu XIX, The Universe in the Book of Thoth. 

The general colour of the traditional card is subfusc; it represents the confusion and darkness of the material world. But the New Aeon has brought fullness of Light; in the Minutum Mundum, Earth is no longer black, or of mixed colours, but is pure bright green. ..... This card is to-day as bright and glowing as any in the Pack.

And yet the four Kerubim have been rearranged according to the formula of N.O.X.. Perhaps this is a clue to how the Hermit perceives the material world. Full of Light. But then there is the curious statement that only those who are wholly pure of heart can see the Tree of Life in the image.

The accompanying extract in the appendices, from the vision of the 9th Aethyr, is a vision of the Daughter of Babalon. She is the material world, Malkuth, Assiah, or Heh-final as seen through the Eye of the Master of the Temple.

This is the daughter of BABALON the Beautiful, that she hath borne unto the Father of All. And unto all hath she borne her.
“This is the Daughter of the King. This is the Virgin of Eternity. This is she that the Holy One hath wrested from the Giant Time, and the prize of them that have overcome Space. This is she that is set upon the Throne of Understanding. Holy, Holy, Holy is her name, not to be spoken among men. For Kore they have called her, and Malkah, and Betulah, and Persephone.

Kore, the Maiden.

Malkah, the Queen.

Betulah, Virgo the Virgin.

And Persephone, daughter of Demeter and bride of Hades. 

Edited by Aeon418

On 11/12/2023 at 4:40 PM, Aeon418 said:

This seems to suggest to me that the Hermit is a type of hermaphrodite, masculine with a feminine aspect, able to ‘gestate’ and create life or self replicate as a microcosm of the macro dual natured Universe. I.e; ALL, PAN the masculine, conjoined with the feminine aspect Nuit/Babalon.

Edited by smw

On 12/3/2023 at 12:01 PM, smw said:

This seems to suggest to me that the Hermit is a type of hermaphrodite, masculine with a feminine aspect, able to ‘gestate’ and create life or self replicate as a microcosm of the macro dual natured Universe. I.e; ALL, PAN the masculine, conjoined with the feminine aspect Nuit/Babalon.

Part of me wants to nod in agreement with this. But I am resistant to what I see as a reductionistic and monistic interpretation, when Thelema is rooted in the dynamic interplay of opposites. 

If there is a hermaphroditic Oneness it would have to be the Star inside the Lamp. "Every man and every woman is a star." But the Star, the unique individual is itself a Child or union of two divine principles: Nuit and Hadit. The former being the Field of All Possibilities and Forms. While the latter is the Energetic Going of the Unknowable Knower.

5 hours ago, Aeon418 said:

Part of me wants to nod in agreement with this. But I am resistant to what I see as a reductionistic and monistic interpretation, when Thelema is rooted in the dynamic interplay of opposites. 

If there is a hermaphroditic Oneness it would have to be the Star inside the Lamp. "Every man and every woman is a star." But the Star, the unique individual is itself a Child or union of two divine principles: Nuit and Hadit. The former being the Field of All Possibilities and Forms. While the latter is the Energetic Going of the Unknowable Knower.

I’m going to have to think about this, it is quite difficult and seems an important question for coherence. I hadn’t thought of a dualistic  interplay alongside unity. Eek!😬 

It’s already brought up in my mind connected (off topic) issues of Free will in a dualistic perspective, independence of self & other, compared to one universe where division is illusion.

The Universal Mercury, Thoth/Hermes, the dualist Magus, or fixed’ etc.. which might be the Star the Hermit is cooking 🥘 

Atm, I’m with this quote which to me suggests dualism as a phase of the One rather than an interplay of ‘separate’ entities. This  seems reflected in the aspirant themselves as being both Hadit & Nuit, the infinite contraction and infinite expansion. 

Meditate on Nuit as the Continuous One resolved into None & Two as the phases of her being.

* it’s kind of fun trying to hurtle outwards & then *bang* focus on a point & shrink. Like Alice…

Edited by smw

15 hours ago, smw said:

I’m going to have to think about this, it is quite difficult and seems an important question for coherence. I hadn’t thought of a dualistic  interplay alongside unity. Eek!😬 

It's a bit of a brain twister because the First Principle within Thelema is what Crowley calls the Qabalistic Zero. But because of the way our minds work there's a tendency to want to interpret 0 as 1. 

Entelecheia recently made a short 10 minute YouTube video about Thelema and Dynamic Duality. It's possible to see some of the concepts he talks about represented in the Hermit card, where the surrounding field of wheat is Nuit as the form giving principle, while Hadit is the Going of the Hermit as the complementary principle of energetic change.  

17 minutes ago, smw said:

Ah, thanks for the link. I’ll take a look at that.

Crowley's vision of the 21st Aethyr might help too. The Cry of the 21st Aethyr (sacred-texts.com) Footnote 29 is of particular interest.

In the Ontology of the New Aeon, whose prime theorem is 0 = 2, Kether exists only as the Child of any Marriage of one particular Hadit with one particular aspect of Nuit. There are thus as many Kethers as there are positive possibilities. More, Kether is not in any case a sole Unity, for each Marriage produces a Twin, Heh + Yod = Heh + Vau. There is a positive "Third Being", a Kether; and there is an Ecstasy, or dissolution into Nothing, by the same Event. One is the Magical, the other the Mystical, Result of an Act of Love under Will.

In LIber AL we are asked to "be Hadit" and "love Nuit." In the context the Hermit card this is equivalent to following the Path of the Hermit (Hadit) that leads through the surrounding field of wheat or body of Nuit. To indicate this the design of the Hermit card itself is blatantly sexual.

Unfortunately we frequently get ourselves mixed up by identifying ourselves with our experiences of Nuit. This is the cause of Sorrow. We habitually identify with a small part of Nuit that is our body and mind and call it I, Me and Mine. This turns the rest of the universe into a potential threat that is consistent to conventional interpretations of the Devil card, who is in reality PAN - ALL.

Hadit says: "Is a God to live in a dog? No! but the highest are of us. They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us." This "dog" could be related to Cerberus on the Hermit card. Our so-called "free will" allows us the choice of either "being Hadit" and thereby illuminating our existence with Light, or frustrating the marriage of Nuit and Hadit by identifying ourselves with forms and appearances.

On 12/5/2023 at 2:20 PM, Aeon418 said:

It's a bit of a brain twister because the First Principle within Thelema is what Crowley calls the Qabalistic Zero. But because of the way our minds work there's a tendency to want to interpret 0 as 1. 

It’s more than a bit!

I have been re-reading your posts and tbh have not been able to work out what it is you are saying.

Now I see that  your commentary on the the Hermit in context, is based on Plato’s Theory of Forms. And so is Crowley’s philosophy. 

Aeon418 said:

IHVH. where the Father and Mother combine to create Son and Daughter. The Son raises the Daughter to the throne and makes her the new Queen and Mother, while he becomes the new King and Father. Rinse and repeat.

This in turn is symbolic of the way in which the Changeless and Eternal Absolute seeks to experience itself through the assumption of (apparent or illusory) imperfection

I think I am now starting to get to the conundrum of why a monist perspective rather than dualist is problematic. It would lean towards a sole source of creation, thus being ‘God’ which for Thelema is old Aeon Christianity.

I read the 21st  Aethyr 21st &  footnote which you suggested. It seems that the old Monist God Kether is ‘alone’ - a sole Unity of ‘one’, (that would need another for union) instead of a Unity that is in itself a duality, more fitting for the New Aeon. Which brings me back to the dual natured  Hermit, who I am now guessing might represent the platonic ‘ideal’ real form,  -  that would reflect albeit imperfectly in the material world. 

However,  Plato’s  universe of ‘imperfect’ forms as reflections of the real - suggest that the ideal and material are part of one Monist connected universe… any dualist pair, which rely on independence and separation, must be in themselves monist. Otherwise, there could be no one to join the other. If they are aspects of each other then back to monism again…

It’s way beyond me but there are also controversies of Plato’s unwritten doctrines of the realm of forms, which have two fundamental principles - the One principle of that makes things definite, eternal & the indefinite Dyad that is linked with chaos and active change. 👀 

Plato apparently said something like only those fit to understand the forms are able to discuss them 🤪 He was also supposedly an initiate of the Orphic mysteries, said to have crossed  the threshold of Persephone ( and the fearsome dog) to experience Night - death and be reborn into life. 

Night…Nyx…NOX…Pan

Edited by smw

On 12/5/2023 at 5:24 PM, Aeon418 said:

Hadit says: "Is a God to live in a dog? No! but the highest are of us. They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us." This "dog" could be related to Cerberus on the Hermit card. Our so-called "free will" allows us the choice of either "being Hadit" and thereby illuminating our existence with Light, or frustrating the marriage of Nuit and Hadit by identifying ourselves with forms and appearances.

The dog’ phrase association to Cerberus, might be that his mother is associated with ‘sterile’ solo feminine Hecate in AC’s system, &  so bars the way to the experience of both life & death at the entrance of Hades. Crossing or defeating this obstruction  allows fertility and duality in the fallow, harvest cycle of seasons. 

Or perhaps it is one of Crowley’s infamous little jokes. 

Edited by smw

On 12/9/2023 at 11:30 AM, smw said:

I have been re-reading your posts and tbh have not been able to work out what it is you are saying.

Orpheus descends into the underworld and meets with Hades, the Hidden One, who tells him how to escape. Walk ahead and don't look back.

Hadit is identified with Hades. He is the unknown knower, the hidden one who Goes. He is the prototypical Hermit who says "be me." But unless we "take Heed unto the Going" we are liable to "look back" and identify with appearances and forms. These appearances share the Three Marks of Existence expounded by the Buddha.

• Dhukka - Sorrow, frustration or dissatisfaction.
  • Annata - Non self, no soul.
  • Annica - Impermanence, constant change.

These Three Marks are inverted reflections of the Supernal Triad, which is the Star - the House of Hadit. It is this misidentification with outer appearances (including our bodies and minds) that leaves us seemingly trapped in an underworld, guarded by the Three Headed Hound of Hell, Cerberus. 

On 12/9/2023 at 11:30 AM, smw said:

I think I am now starting to get to the conundrum of why a monist perspective rather than dualist is problematic. It would lean towards a sole source of creation, thus being ‘God’ which for Thelema is old Aeon Christianity.

On pages 15-16 of the Book of Thoth, Crowley criticizes Mystic Monotheism. Even if this One is split into parts the interplay between the parts is without meaning and false. Elsewhere he pours scorn on the Gnostic idea of the Pleroma for similar reasons.

The Qabalistic Zero that Crowley puts forward to escape the monistic trap is the Infinitely Great and Infinitely Small. Because each one implies the other they cannot exist apart. They simultaneously cancel each other out and manifest everything. 0=2.

The Hermit card is kind of lower analogue of this idea. The Hermit himself is the small Yod-Seed in the larger Field of Wheat.    

On 12/12/2023 at 1:25 PM, Aeon418 said:

Orpheus descends into the underworld and meets with Hades, the Hidden One, who tells him how to escape. Walk ahead and don't look back.

Hadit is identified with Hades. He is the unknown knower, the hidden one who Goes. He is the prototypical Hermit who says "be me." But unless we "take Heed unto the Going" we are liable to "look back" and identify with appearances and forms. These appearances share the Three Marks of Existence expounded by the Buddha.

• Dhukka - Sorrow, frustration or dissatisfaction.
  • Annata - Non self, no soul.
  • Annica - Impermanence, constant change.

These Three Marks are inverted reflections of the Supernal Triad, which is the Star - the House of Hadit. It is this misidentification with outer appearances (including our bodies and minds) that leaves us seemingly trapped in an underworld, guarded by the Three Headed Hound of Hell, Cerberus. 

So the ‘Star’, Hadit,  represents no more sorrow and an eternal unchanging soul, trapped (Gnostic dualism) in a material body & mind? 

1 hour ago, smw said:

So the ‘Star’, Hadit,  represents no more sorrow and an eternal unchanging soul, trapped (Gnostic dualism) in a material body & mind? 

Sorrow? Read Liber AL, chp.2. From the perspective of Hadit all events are "pure joy." 

Unchanging? Hadit is the energetic Goer. He is the cause of Change itself.

The body & mind are Nuit. All forms and appearances are Nuit. Identification with form is the cause of Sorrow. Be Hadit. Love Nuit. It's that simple. Or it would be if our minds didn't get in the way. And that is why Cerberus is on the Hermit card. The Hound of Hell that the Hermit has "tamed."

1 hour ago, Aeon418 said:

Sorrow? Read Liber AL, chp.2. From the perspective of Hadit all events are "pure joy." 

Unchanging? Hadit is the energetic Goer. He is the cause of Change itself.

The body & mind are Nuit. All forms and appearances are Nuit. Identification with form is the cause of Sorrow. Be Hadit. Love Nuit. It's that simple. Or it would be if our minds didn't get in the way. And that is why Cerberus is on the Hermit card. The Hound of Hell that the Hermit has "tamed."

Ok,  🥴 

The Three Marks of Existence, or material forms and appearances are 'inverted' reflections of the House of Hadit. 

I took this to mean that all three are not or are the opposite of Hadit 

Aeon418:said

But unless we "take Heed unto the Going" we are liable to "look back" and identify with appearances and forms. These appearances share the Three Marks of Existence expounded by the Buddha.

Dhukka - Sorrow, frustration or dissatisfaction.
Annata - Non self, no soul.
Annica - Impermanence, constant change.

I understand that 'be Hadit' & love Nuit appears to be  a simple phrase, but it sits in a complex system using a bewildering amount of reasoning& cosmological rationalisations from a multitude of other systems. 

This anecdote keeps coming  to mind  for me in the simple stakes..

"Your better off figuring out that you actually already have everything that you could ever want.
You know, if you look deep enough, you’re literally glowing with hot white magic: That’s you.
You already got it. "

Edited by smw