Jump to content

Does probability matter in Tarot?


Recommended Posts

Jimjam

Hey folks!

 

I have always wondered if probability matters when it comes to yes or no questions?

 

I believe that the deck consists of 60% 'Yes' cards, 10% 'Maybe' cards and 30% 'No' cards. This is for when you're only doing Uprights for Yes or No questions.

 

When you're doing uprights and reversals, Majority of reverse cards would be 'No' on top of the already 'No' upright cards. In this case the percentage of 'Yes' cards majorly drops to 30%

 

If we are asking Yes or No questions, shouldnt the Yes-No cards be divided 50-50%?

 

Even though Tarot is based on energies, do you think the cards should be equalised?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gregory

Tarot really isn't great for yes/no questions; you'd do better to flip a coin. If I were pushed I'd use three cards and run with that old chestnut: WHICH card doesn't matter: All upright = yes, all reversed = no; a split = whichever is in the majority is the more likely but not certain.

 

But I don't see any cards as yes or no on their own. Why do you think there are more yes cards ? Who defined those for you ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It's never sat right with me to just shuffle a tarot deck and pull 1 card. The cards aren't balanced enough to do that as you've already highlighted. Plus it's subjective as to what constitutes a yes/no/maybe for each person.

Though I will use 3 or 5 cards to answer a yes/no I want more detail in. But the whole spread is answering the question, not one card.

 

Personally if I'm using cards to get just a yes/no binary answer then I'd sooner use a method that's suited to that (most likely a playing card wish method), or a divination system built to be binary such as geomancy. 

 

2 hours ago, Jimjam said:

Even though Tarot is based on energies, do you think the cards should be equalised?

What do you mean by this? 

Edited by akiva
Link to comment
Share on other sites

gregory

I have no problem with singe card readings in general - I do them all the time. But not for yes/no.

 

Quote

 

 2 hours ago, Jimjam said:

Even though Tarot is based on energies, do you think the cards should be equalised?

What do you mean by this? 

 

 

I think they mean the cards they identify as yes/no cards (in which I do not believe) should perhaps be 50/50 rather than what they see as being 60/30 and 10% left over,. I have no idea where this division came from in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, gregory said:

I have no problem with singe card readings in general - I do them all the time. But not for yes/no.

I should of clarified that I meant for yes/no questions, single card readings definitely have their purpose outside of that 😊

 

I will share a pretty decent yes/no tarot method that I use if I don't require details (in case anyone wants to give it a go):

 

• Remove the 9 of Cups and state your "wish",

• Shuffle it back in,

• Turn over the cards while counting 1, 2, 3 and so on, until you reach the 9 of Cups,

• If the 9 of Cups lands on an even number it's a no, an odd number is a yes.

 

You can look to the cards before and after to turn it into a line of 3 or 5, and find out why it's a no or yes, but I don't do that often. 

 

8 minutes ago, gregory said:

I think they mean the cards they identify as yes/no cards (in which I do not believe) should perhaps be 50/50 rather than what they see as being 60/30 and 10% left over,. I have no idea where this division came from in the first place.

It was also the part about the energies 🤣 my initial reaction was "but they're cardboard?" Though I might be misunderstanding that part! 

 

I totally agree that dividing the deck into yes/no/maybe isn't the best. Plus how do you force fit a 50/50 split? You need neutral cards in a cartomancy system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gregory

As far as I could seen the OP already "knows" which are the yes cards and which the no. That's why I asked how they define cards as yes or no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jimjam
2 hours ago, akiva said:

It's never sat right with me to just shuffle a tarot deck and pull 1 card. The cards aren't balanced enough to do that as you've already highlighted. Plus it's subjective as to what constitutes a yes/no/maybe for each person.

Though I will use 3 or 5 cards to answer a yes/no I want more detail in. But the whole spread is answering the question, not one card.

 

 

Omg yes! I used to do this for my 'Yes/no' spreads as well since I believe its not as black and white as pulling just one card. I would always pull 3-5 cards and ask for guidance in the forum and everyone was like 'Why would you pull 3 cards for a yes/no question' or 'Youre just confusing yourself by pulling out that many cards for yes/no'

 

Eventually, I stopped pulling multiple cards, but to this day, it feels so restrictive. Especially because the deck is so unbalanced. 

 

2 hours ago, akiva said:

 

 

What do you mean by this? 

 

What I mean is that people generally say the energies bring out the 'right' card in a very mystical way but dont you have to also look at the practical side of it and if the deck is actually 50-50 or not? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gregory

What I asked you is what cards are "yes" and "no" ? Where do you get the idea that they aren't evenly split ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jimjam
2 hours ago, gregory said:

But I don't see any cards as yes or no on their own. Why do you think there are more yes cards ? Who defined those for you ?

 

The definition came from basic tarot meanings of the cards. I dont like to go 'too deep' into the meanings when I am doing yes/no pulls. If I want to go deeper, I pull out clarifiers.

 

What I realised over time is that if you dont set a boundary, anything can be anything in tarot. A card that is supposedly bad can turn into something good if cook up an explanation, and give you false hope. For example, I asked if I was going to meet a certain guy in the future after no contact and I got 3 clear NOs. But someone on the forum turned it into 'they just need time to themself, doesnt mean they are not going to reach out to you'.

 

Eventually I never met that person and nor am I going to meet him in future due to location and situational circumstances. What I have experienced overtime is that if a card is 'No', it means 'No'. Its clear cut and there doesnt need to be a development in that by looking deeper.

 

Coming back to your question, I generally look at the artwork of the card and the meanings, no matter what deck it is. I like to stick to the good old deck meanings for yes/no. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jimjam
2 minutes ago, gregory said:

What I asked you is what cards are "yes" and "no" ? Where do you get the idea that they aren't evenly split ?

 

Yeah I just posted your answer.

 

I was working on Akiva's first

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jimjam said:

Omg yes! I used to do this for my 'Yes/no' spreads as well since I believe its not as black and white as pulling just one card. I would always pull 3-5 cards and ask for guidance in the forum and everyone was like 'Why would you pull 3 cards for a yes/no question' or 'Youre just confusing yourself by pulling out that many cards for yes/no'

I honestly don't know why people say you can't do yes/no readings with multiple cards. About 90% of my questions are y/n and I tend to get pretty decent answers! It's probably just different strokes for different folks...

 

If I do a 3 card reading, the "vibe" of the cards is the y/n and the actual spread tells me why, or the events around the question. These kinds of readings are more prone to reading what you want in them though... So you have to train yourself to be as neutral as possible. Especially if you're super involved in the outcome. 

 

2 hours ago, Jimjam said:

Eventually, I stopped pulling multiple cards, but to this day, it feels so restrictive. Especially because the deck is so unbalanced. 

Do what you want to do, not what others tell you to do. If you get good results doing y/n readings with multiple cards then do it. It'd be better than using something unbalanced 😆

 

2 hours ago, Jimjam said:

What I mean is that people generally say the energies bring out the 'right' card in a very mystical way but dont you have to also look at the practical side of it and if the deck is actually 50-50 or not? 

For a binary system you would want it balanced yes, but tarot isn't binary. It can answer binary questions, but in its own voice. Which is distinct from say, flipping a coin or using dice. It's not as clear cut, but the answers are there.

 

As per the energies of tarot, I haven't a clue how it works 🤣 my theory is that it's something to do with the observed and unobserved universe. Kind of like how light changes behavior depending on if it's consciously looked at or not. But I haven't given it much thought

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DanielJUK

I'm also not really a fan of yes / no questions usages of tarot. For me personally, it makes my usage of the cards become too much like a crutch and I start to get too addicted, when actually they tend to be the least reliable readings (in my experience).

 

I also think the cards are nuanced and change in each context, and don't really work in a binary way. I do sometimes use 3 cards and think of what the outcome of each means. But I don't do yes / no. I do strong yes, weak yes, definite no with each card and then see what the overall direction is.

 

There is a great thread on the forum of yes/no techniques, with all divination systems....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Misterei
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Jimjam said:

I have always wondered if probability matters when it comes to yes or no questions?

IMO, Probability matters for ALL questions in Tarot reading. Statistically unlikely combinations are what get our attention.

12 hours ago, Jimjam said:

I believe that the deck consists of 60% 'Yes' cards, 10% 'Maybe' cards and 30% 'No' cards. This is for when you're only doing Uprights for Yes or No questions.

I dont think we can reduce Tarot this way. Yes, there are Benefic, Neutral, and Malefic cards but it starts to get extremely subtle and nuanced. Like a Benefic card reversed might become malefic. Or a malefic card in an otherwise benefic spread isn't as bad. There are so many nuances that affect if a card will act malefic, benefirc, or neutral in any given spread for any given question.

12 hours ago, Jimjam said:

If we are asking Yes or No questions, shouldnt the Yes-No cards be divided 50-50%?

To make tarots balanced as 50-50 you need to apply an artificial method. For example use only Pips and say cups and coins = yes / swords and batons = no. Now you have 40 cards which are balanced 50-50. You might leave the Courts in the deck, but the Majors will eff things up, so you remove them.

12 hours ago, Jimjam said:

Even though Tarot is based on energies, do you think the cards should be equalised?

To do yes/no with Tarot ... you MUST do some special technique to "equalize". Else it won't work. Per above.

8 hours ago, akiva said:

• Remove the 9 of Cups and state your "wish",

• Shuffle it back in,

• Turn over the cards while counting 1, 2, 3 and so on, until you reach the 9 of Cups,

• If the 9 of Cups lands on an even number it's a no, an odd number is a yes.

Yes. This is an example of a special technique to make tarot deliver binary information. I have my own methods. But tarot isn't binary by nature ... so a special technique is required.

8 hours ago, akiva said:

... Plus how do you force fit a 50/50 split? You need neutral cards in a cartomancy system.

My favorite yes/no method for tarot has yes, maybe yes, maybe no, no.

My favorite Lenormand yes/no technique likewise delivers results as yes/no/maybe

 

But more to your point ... this is why asking cards to deliver yes/no means tweaking the deck in some way. Any cartomantic deck is mostly neutral cards if we get down to it. Even a benefic card like Empress, can have a malefic side if she's over-eating or blowing her budget on extravigant purchases. Net result is any card might be benefic, malefic, or neutral depending on context and circumstances.

4 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

I'm also not really a fan of yes / no questions usages of tarot. ...

It certainly takes extra efforts to tweak the deck or use artificial techniques to make tarot deliver yes/no.

4 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

I also think the cards are nuanced and change in each context, and don't really work in a binary way.

Exactly why it takes tweaking and/or special spreads to make Tarot deliver binary information. Even Lenormand I use a special technique on yes/no--and that's a simpler system than Tarot!

 

Edited by Misterei
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Misterei said:

Yes. This is an example of a special technique to make tarot deliver binary information. I have my own methods. But tarot isn't binary by nature ... so a special technique is required.

For the most part though I just lay down three/five cards for y/n readings and just, well, read them 😆 usually it's quite clear if it's a yes or no based on the cards that come out. This method is less binary, but usually you can say "yeah x will happen" or "no you won't enjoy y". It's easier if it isn't an important subject. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Misterei
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, akiva said:

For the most part though I just lay down three/five cards for y/n readings and just, well, read them 😆 usually it's quite clear if it's a yes or no based on the cards that come out. This method is less binary, but usually you can say "yeah x will happen" or "no you won't enjoy y". It's easier if it isn't an important subject. 

LOL you're better at this than I, then. There are times Tarot will organically give me a yes/no as part of some larger picture ... like about the future of a job or relationship ... but I use yes/no spreads for a simple direct yes/no question. Otherwise I get too lost in the woods.🫢

Edited by Misterei
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Misterei said:

Otherwise I get too lost in the woods.🫢

This happens to me too but mostly for things I'm really involved in 🤣

 

One way to adapt tarot without reducing the deck or modifying it for y/n would be coming up with a suit interaction system. It's used in the piquet system I use and lends itself well to y/n. I just don't know how to add the majors suit to it for tarot 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I think any ratio of any of these set in this way may be misleading.


Lets say we ask :
"Today when I go out on the street will I see a real live brontosaurus(type of dinosaur) strutting around?"

As far as we are concern seems simple enough. Either it will provide "yes" or it will provide "no" as that are the only two possibilities in that question.

Yet if we look at what we know it becomes different. There aren't suppose to be real live brontosaurus available to be there, right now. Even if one is found its unlikely it can get to our country and streets nearby us without us hearing about it. Suggesting that 50/50 chance is not how we actually fit this. As we believe, somewhere deeper that the chance is almost 0%.

 

So then do we need 99/1 for accurate fit into the question...
In this case, the idea is that "yes" that will help, but we need to check what actually happens.

 

We ask first time. Do we see the dinosaur out there, today?
We get "no".
We go out there and there is no dinosaur, all is clear.
Chance was 50/50 so all is fine.

 

We ask then - "will I see it if I take my lucky dino paraphernalia with me out today?"
Here the system may still answer "no", depending on how open we are, but somewhere in us something is resisting now, as our belief system is taking the ratio 50/50 as impossible to provide answer when the chance changes so much(as now, statistically we are more likely to get "yes").
Go out there. No dino.

 

Then we ask - "Will I see it if I eat all day dino related foods and beverages?"
Here our belief system may just close the "channel" we use to get the answer and the system will just provide "Yes", as that is what we think is more likely and pressure is building up..
We go out there, still no dino.
Why that happened... Because we need to align it to our belief system and knowledge, not the the outcome we use.
Suggesting having actual 99/1 is better for this. Then if we do get the 1, it is something that may actually happen.

 

Yet still, aligning it by structure like this can be misleading. Wiser to just use other confirmations around.

Lets say we ask "will the situation resolve with the conflict with my co-worker?"
We get yes.
At the same time we see on the street or on TV or something, 2 people arguing then splitting and moving in different directions.
Yet the feeling of the situation is stronger then the one that comes with whatever card we receive.

Just take the situation as sign that you are drifting apart, the way its going. The divination system may not be able to provide that for some reason. Basically, to not have to worry about ratios and math, we just observe the world, it will provide what we need every time.

Just my understanding and to be fair I don't use Tarot often, last few years. But most of these systems do work in similar ways and I do use multiple of them still.

So there are more components, more important then math. The stronger the emotion is, the more open one is even when their belief system is trying to close down. So some people ask only for questions with strong emotions. Alternatively, we can make framework that really fits. With that it will be usually on point even with questions we don't care about much.

Edited by Deian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

gregory
3 hours ago, Deian said:

I think any ratio of any of these set in this way may be misleading.


Lets say we ask :
"Today when I go out on the street will I see a real live brontosaurus(type of dinosaur) strutting around?"

As far as we are concern seems simple enough. Either it will provide "yes" or it will provide "no" as that are the only two possibilities in that question.

Yet if we look at what we know it becomes different. There aren't suppose to be real live brontosaurus available to be there, right now. Even if one is found its unlikely it can get to our country and streets nearby us without us hearing about it. Suggesting that 50/50 chance is not how we actually fit this. As we believe, somewhere deeper that the chance is almost 0%.

 

So then do we need 99/1 for accurate fit into the question...
In this case, the idea is that "yes" that will help, but we need to check what actually happens.

 

We ask first time. Do we see the dinosaur out there, today?
We get "no".
We go out there and there is no dinosaur, all is clear.
Chance was 50/50 so all is fine.

 

We ask then - "will I see it if I take my lucky dino paraphernalia with me out today?"
Here the system may still answer "no", depending on how open we are, but somewhere in us something is resisting now, as our belief system is taking the ratio 50/50 as impossible to provide answer when the chance changes so much(as now, statistically we are more likely to get "yes").
Go out there. No dino.

 

Then we ask - "Will I see it if I eat all day dino related foods and beverages?"
Here our belief system may just close the "channel" we use to get the answer and the system will just provide "Yes", as that is what we think is more likely and pressure is building up..
We go out there, still no dino.
Why that happened... Because we need to align it to our belief system and knowledge, not the the outcome we use.

 

And suppose the cards managed to come up with yes ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, gregory said:

Then we ask - "Will I see it if I eat all day dino related foods and beverages?"
Here our belief system may just close the "channel" we use to get the answer and the system will just provide "Yes", as that is what we think is more likely and pressure is building up..
We go out there, still no dino.
Why that happened... Because we need to align it to our belief system and knowledge, not the the outcome we use.

 

If it happens earlier then would guess there is another problem in the whole process. For example one actually asking "will something i want show up outside", but formulates it to be specific thing that can't be...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jimjam

@Deian

 

This actually makes me ask the bigger question. 'How is tarot, then, AT ALL reliable?'

 

Its not math where we definitely know that 2+2 is 4 and always eill be 4. It wont be 5, it wont be 3, only 4.

 

Where in the case of tarot:

On 5/11/2024 at 4:40 PM, Jimjam said:

What I realised over time is that if you dont set a boundary, anything can be anything in tarot.

Its why I say this.

 

Where do we draw the boundary? How is Tarot reliable if good cards can be seen with a negative light and bad cards be seen with a positive light? A yes card can turn into a no and vice versa simply by seeing it in a different light. So how do we get a final realistic answer?

 

If we get a yes on 'seeing dinosaurs in the stree today', what garantee-fyes that the 'No' I recieved on 'Will I get the job' was true?

 

Please note, I am just asking questions, I am not bad-mouthing tarot. Just curious to know what everyone's take is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gregory

@Jimjam - this is a big part of why I don't think Tarot is best for straight yes/no. Because in my view, tarot is fluid. It's very much yes if; no unless, maybe if.  Actually that's a 3 card spread I like, which I read in one of Ricklef's books - it IS kind of a yes no, but doesn't give a SET ANSWER, it points to three possibilities.

 

Otherwise what's the point of it - if it's already set in stone. If I get to see a dinosaur in the street - all I need to do is find my camera. And if I posed an impossible question - that's on me anyway. It was stupid !

 

I look to tarot to tell me what the outcome will be if I continue to follow my current path - and if it looks like "then you will crash and burn, lady", I have the option to change my direction to improve things. If I simply ask tarot "will I crash and burn" and it says yes - then I may as well give up, and enjoy the heat till it kills me, kinda.. A reading gives me options. I was always advised that open ended questions are best, with tarot. That fits, for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think its suppose to show clarity. So it reflects the structure of the situation we point it to and show same relations.

Good and bad... But lets say we didn't get that job, but then thanks to that we kept searching and we find even better job. Or we hear a big problem with that job that would have made it unsuitable to begin with yet difficult to leave once started...
Life goes on and all the bad stuff eventually turn around. So at what point we can say - it is a good job and card has to reflect it, no matter what happens later...
Then if the cards can't show good or bad, as that is too relitive to focus on, then we are left with simularities. They can show loss. They can show empty gain etc.
So we can see we won't get that job. We can't see if that is good or bad, as "good" and "bad" doesn't have clear static definition, but we can see what happens and figure out what to do from that.

How reliable that can be... Depends on other factors. But in general even if its only a person and book, with some time its pretty reliable, I would say, if we use it in a way it can provide answer in.

 

So I do agree - anything can be anything.  BUt its up to us to notice how it relates to each other and look for same relations in the situation. Either there will be easy to see, or something in the way we are doing it is missing.

 

Quote

If we get a yes on 'seeing dinosaurs in the stree today', what garantee-fyes that the 'No' I recieved on 'Will I get the job' was true?

 

The question would be why we got "yes" and also why we got "no" if it isn't how it actually happened. As the cards can show more then the binary aspect of it. And if we have made it in a smart way they can show what is carrying that yes and what is carrying that no.
From the stuff mentioned already, some cards have a polarity coming with them and another card to balance it out.
Lets say we have the "no" coming with the Hermit. It suggests doing it alone, may be the reason it won't work. Then lets say we do it with group of people and its still no and still hermit. Then it may mean we can figure out from what we know why its no.

Overall it depends how we define stuff. But the cards can show to why and also still show a relation between stuff. If we see that relation doesn't reflect the situation then something is wrong. For example if they show us gaining something and we doesn't get the job, yet we don't have other details, then we can use the system to try to figure out what we gained.

 

Can think of it like a language. We ask how to operate a car and the person on the other site provide a lot of relations between words and ideas, that we try to apply when we are in front of the car.
None of these words is the answer by itself, their relation is. And good and bad, while they may have some relative role in there, overall they may be more confusing to the understanding of how to drive, then helpful, in my humble view.
So we need relation as the answer is there. That seem to be on point very large % of the time. And is reliable. Also can help with a lot, if we see that relation doesn't show the situation we ask about, we know we should keep reading(cards showing the past etc.)

For yes and no...Well, in my humble view practice shows that most questions can't be answered with yes or no. The ones that can, I think it would work for most of them, right away. But they are way fewer then people think. So needs way to know if its "no" why its "no" etc.


At the end of the day the system is reliable. But... It has its own language and we have to adapt to that. As it won't change it for us, except if its very important to receive some answer, when it may do, but that is rarely.

There are other practices, though. For example, if we are unclear why something shows "yes" or "no", or later it works in other way, can imagine you enter the card and ask in there about details you need. That often works much better then using more cards to understand why the reading went wrong. Have to be open to receive the answer, however.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gregory
8 minutes ago, Deian said:

I think its suppose to show clarity. So it reflects the structure of the situation we point it to and show same relations.

Good and bad... But lets say we didn't get that job, but then thanks to that we kept searching and we find even better job. Or we hear a big problem with that job that would have made it unsuitable to begin with yet difficult to leave once started...
Life goes on and all the bad stuff eventually turn around. So at what point we can say - it is a good job and card has to reflect it, no matter what happens later...

 

So if it gave you a yes and you didn't get the job, you'd see that as OK you'll get one later being a sort of yes you will actually, kinda ? That doesn't fit with yes/no being accurate. If you treated it as I do and asked what's the best way to look at my job search (and abandoned the idea of getting a bald answer) it would fit far better, and, yes, be more "accurate".

 

8 minutes ago, Deian said:

Then if the cards can't show good or bad, as that is too relitive to focus on, then we are left with simularities. They can show loss. They can show empty gain etc.
So we can see we won't get that job. We can't see if that is good or bad, as "good" and "bad" doesn't have clear static definition, but we can see what happens and figure out what to do from that.

How reliable that can be... Depends on other factors. But in general even if its only a person and book, with some time its pretty reliable, I would say, if we use it in a way it can provide answer in.

 

So I do agree - anything can be anything.  BUt its up to us to notice how it relates to each other and look for same relations in the situation. Either there will be easy to see, or something in the way we are doing it is missing.

 

Exactly this. If you want sensible - "accurate" - answers you need to look at possibilities and how they might pan out. Not "Will I ? OK, I will, Fine; I can wait for it to happen." And then you don't need to do anything, maybe - not make an effort to study the company to see how to handle the interview and things like that ? Just - OK, it was a yes. That's a waste of tarot.

 

8 minutes ago, Deian said:

The question would be why we got "yes" and also why we got "no" if it isn't how it actually happened. As the cards can show more then the binary aspect of it. And if we have made it in a smart way they can show what is carrying that yes and what is carrying that no.
From the stuff mentioned already, some cards have a polarity coming with them and another card to balance it out.
Lets say we have the "no" coming with the Hermit. It suggests doing it alone, may be the reason it won't work. Then lets say we do it with group of people and its still no and still hermit. Then it may mean we can figure out from what we know why its no.

Overall it depends how we define stuff. But the cards can show to why and also still show a relation between stuff. If we see that relation doesn't reflect the situation then something is wrong. For example if they show us gaining something and we doesn't get the job, yet we don't have other details, then we can use the system to try to figure out what we gained.

 

Can think of it like a language. We ask how to operate a car and the person on the other site provide a lot of relations between words and ideas, that we try to apply when we are in front of the car.
None of these words is the answer by itself, their relation is. And good and bad, while they may have some relative role in there, overall they may be more confusing to the understanding of how to drive, then helpful, in my humble view.
So we need relation as the answer is there. That seem to be on point very large % of the time. And is reliable. Also can help with a lot, if we see that relation doesn't show the situation we ask about, we know we should keep reading(cards showing the past etc.)

For yes and no...Well, in my humble view practice shows that most questions can't be answered with yes or no. The ones that can, I think it would work for most of them, right away. But they are way fewer then people think. So needs way to know if its "no" why its "no" etc.


At the end of the day the system is reliable. But... It has its own language and we have to adapt to that. As it won't change it for us, except if its very important to receive some answer, when it may do, but that is rarely.

There are other practices, though. For example, if we are unclear why something shows "yes" or "no", or later it works in other way, can imagine you enter the card and ask in there about details you need. That often works much better then using more cards to understand why the reading went wrong. Have to be open to receive the answer, however.

 

 

EVERYTHING you say here points to doing what I would call a reading on "which way from here", and not just asking for a yes and no. But in your scenario, you just wait till after it didn't happen as the Yes/no said, and then try to figure out why. You might have been able to get to the position you had hoped to be in, if you'd looked at the why (what do I need to know/do) BEFORE the event. Especially if it was something that was important to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gregory said:

 

EVERYTHING you say here points to doing what I would call a reading on "which way from here", and not just asking for a yes and no. But in your scenario, you just wait till after it didn't happen as the Yes/no said, and then try to figure out why. You might have been able to get to the position you had hoped to be in, if you'd looked at the why (what do I need to know/do) BEFORE the event. Especially if it was something that was important to you.

Fair enough, but that is if we use it to improve things.
If we do it as just a safety check, then we don't need to know more then "yes" and "no" and simple reasoning. As we are just aiming to be sure there isn't anything we are missing, then playing it out with a more pure perspective. Along with the idea there isn't a reason to ask too much. Yet if we want to have a safety to be sure we won't mess up things too badly, a "yes" and "no" question with clarification what they mean, seems good way to have some guideline and at the same time be free enough to act in your own way in the situation.

Kinda tradeoff between free will and divination. If we ask for more then safety stuff, there isn't much space for our own view on it, in my humble perspective.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gregory

Yes or no as an answer doesn't give the option to change anything if it's "missing.".

 

4 minutes ago, Deian said:

, a "yes" and "no" question with clarification what they mean,

 

What does that even mean. Yes and no are opposites. Either it is or it isn't. Clarification to what they mean - you are immediately into yes if/no unless.... Yes or no isn't' a safety check. That's just "do I need my umbrella today" stuff. For "Will I get this job", I cannot see how it helps to get a YES ahead of time - do you believe the future is written in stone ? If not - how can that be a useful answer ? If you are aiming to be sure there isn't anything we are missing - how does "yes" (or no) tell you that ?

 

There was a reading done on a now closed forum, where someone asked if her daughter would pass her exams. MANY of us read for her. We all got "no way". The daughter was horrified and started to put in some work - and she passed. But the unequivocal answer had been no. Did fate change ? Or did the fact that we all said things like  "time to put in the work" change things - but that was advice from actual readings more than just yes or no. The initial result was a simple NO. Sure, she was missing her own laziness - but NO is no. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.