Share Your Space!

Tanga

Seems to be the best place to post this... I can't find an Altar thread anywhere

(please post your Altar pics - or chat on about them here).

Happy Imbolc - Blue-Blood Moon!

May the spirits of inspiration forever keep your pace.

AltarBB.jpg.e7292f83eb772628c1534d8e50f557ec.jpg

Guest Empathic_Cap

Mine is a large white bookshelves filled with beauty products and folders with papers filling up the shelves. On the top one corner is dedicated to the Egyptian Cat goddess Bastet with a large pink candle and a barbie as the spirit vessel to hold onto her energies. Along with some offerings to mother then I have a space where all my other home made spirit vessel people are displayed for the spirits of the dead who wish to take up residence in each doll. Then the remaini space is the place where I've been doing my tarot work.

Mine is a large white bookshelves filled with beauty products and folders with papers filling up the shelves. On the top one corner is dedicated to the Egyptian Cat goddess Bastet with a large pink candle and a barbie as the spirit vessel to hold onto her energies. Along with some offerings to mother then I have a space where all my other home made spirit vessel people are displayed for the spirits of the dead who wish to take up residence in each doll. Then the remaini space is the place where I've been doing my tarot work.

Photo?

Here's my Bastet - 9 inches made of malachite from Egypt.

I've always lusted after a replica of the Gayer-Anderson cat (Bastet) in the British Museum, but could never bring myself to cough up the cash  :D.

AltarUpasht.jpg.6587cc4b0d2c8c0277c6748c75ae7db9.jpg

My main Altar on my windowsil (To the God - The Upasht/Bastet one is Goddess)

There's a large Smokey Quartz point (black) and various other black crystals -

Onyx, Obsidian in plain and rainbow - An oval Obsidian mirror hand polished by the vendor

I bought it from at Jubilee Market...a Selenite Crystal ball named Biaca Neve (Snow White in Italian):

AltarDark.jpg.43d96339d6e43c13df33b3a590c7bcb3.jpg

Your altar looks beautiful, Tanga. I've still got to set mine up for Imbolc. I'm going to buy some nice flowers for the vase today and choose a couple of crystals and a card to represent the turn of the wheel.

Will post a pic when it's done.

So... here's the Altar in my guest toilet on the window sill:

There's The Lady on the left and The Lord on the right  ^-^

This is hand painted pottery from Poland and this Lord and Lady where my 1st

Alter Deities soon after I discovered Wicca.

The Lady, with an Opalite rabbit next to her - brings to mind Andraste ("Invincible One") - Iceni war Goddess invoked by Boudica  ;).

So... who would her counterpart be?....

AltarLady2.jpg.1219a1411afc54d42527eb829fdc8cce.jpg

AltarLord.jpg.acab75cda70d142a7f5d737f561928df.jpg

NerdyShelties

Here is mine! I'm pretty nontraditional and go for things that are personally meaningful. I might have a glass of wine, small food offering or candle or incense burning depending on my mood or what's going on.

fb63ed36f03df34b0c2fe49cae28f3d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I so love your stones, Tanga!

Thank you  :D  I like black stuff.

@NerdieShelties - who are the 2 seated Deities on your Altar?

And - the bird?

One year on a camping holiday - my hubby and I stopped in acrystal shop that had a beautiful statuette of a Thunder Bird carved out of Obsidian. I couldn't afford it at the time...

I wish I'd just broken my bank for it. :o

EmpyreanKnight

And - the bird?

If I may, NerdyShelties? The white standing goddess is Athena, the brown seated one is Freyja, and the black genuflecting one is Isis. I don't know about the bird tho.

NerdyShelties

Yes, you got it. [emoji3] The bird is a Raven, which I like, and he feels like he belongs with the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love your first Lord and Lady, Tanga - they are so fitting. :)

Like your raven too, Nerdyshelties!

I did take a photo of my Imbolc altar but haven't been able to upload/attach it here. All my other photos work except this one. It was very simple - white cloth, green candle, selenite sphere, a pot of narcissi and the Imbolc card from the Green Wheel Oracle.

Need to make myself a permanent altar somewhere...

NerdyShelties

Tanga both your alters are lovely! I especially like your lord and lady.

And Flaxen your pot of narcissi makes me want to put a plant on my altar again. I've had plants there before but I go a little overboard sometimes. Maybe I'll try to stick with only one or two.

Making do with a window ledge until I get my meditation room sorted. Quartz and rose quartz on left and right. I usually burn Japanese incense but a friend gave me some Mother India Prem. Nice but I still prefer Japanese.335c9e5b178bf2dcf4ff0c56d1ee96c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

And - the bird?

If I may, NerdyShelties? The white standing goddess is Athena, the brown seated one is Freyja, and the black genuflecting one is Isis. I don't know about the bird tho.

Here's mine:

AltarIsis.jpg.f7084e04692e0a180d65541cb9c926db.jpg

And - the bird?

(double post following on from above).

Ahh - Freyja. I had an image of her in a chariot drawn by cats. I loved that one.

Never found a statuette like that though I looked.

I didn't recognize Pallas Athena (I do remember spending some time in contemplation of her, outside the Erechtheum in Athens many years ago now. This is the temple on the north side of the Acropolis dedicated to Athena and Poseidon - in Greece).

And I like Raven - can never think of one trickster Deity without trying to see how many others there are from different traditions (Kokopelli, Loki, Cayote, Set, Mercury, Crow, Ananse, Chango, Elegua...are the ones I can remember).

Isis is unmistakable - as I am partial to Old Egyptian.

The thing about the above statuette - years ago, I found the same one about 2.5 times bigger in an Oxfam shop (tut tut to Oxfam just now in the news of course) - I loved it and bought it, but it was actually mostly too big. So eventually I decided to put it back in a charity shop. Then... 2 years later I found exactly the same version - this time, just the right size. 

:o :o :o <3

CharlotteK[/member] - Japanese incense is a lot more subtle and sophisticated than any other - I find.

Re - subject of flowers on Altars.

My North Facing one (The Cat. Upasht/Bastet) - is too dark and flowers tend to rot.

The South Facing one (The Dark Altar with all those dark stones and the Anatolian Antelope) is too hot and flowers wilt in 2 minutes.  :))

So - I mostly use false flowers.

I sometimes put real flowers on the South facing Altar that's out doors.

aleatoryEpiphany

Wow so may gorgeous altars here! Eventually I will save up enough money for some statues, but this is mine as it stands.

From top left to top right: A candle and lighter, representing Fire; a lovely ceramic goblet that I found in an antique store twenty minutes from here, filled with Water; a small brass cauldron that was a gift; a collection of gems, gem chips, and my amethyst Geode that my fiancee got me for my altar when she lived in Wales; a feather I found and cleansed, as well as a paper fan, representing Air, and my athame that I burned the symbols into on one side and my "witch-name" as some people call it, on the other side. In the centre is a bowl of sand for burning my incense, and below that is my Sandalwood incense.

I have three bowls, I found them at Walmart, for a dollar each, so there is green, for spring and summer, orange for fall, and black for winter. :D In the shelves to the right are my two silver chalices that I also found at an antique store for only a dollar apiece, they were so tarnished but I polished them as best as I could and when I am in the mood for strong ritualism I put my drink offerings in those (one for the Goddesses I worship, the other for the Gods). That shelf has some of my seasonal decorations, and the bookshelf has half a shelf filled with my spirituality books. It also, on the top shelf, holds all my loose leaf teas :3

At the bottom, the brown spot is my kneeling stool, which I adore and helps me out a ton, my mother bought it for me when she saw it at the local thrift store and I will never be able to thank her enough because kneeling is exceedingly painful for me because of a misaligned hip and severe scoliosis.

DSCF0411.jpg.1b33847a9eb0f0d2b6fb62620e3cf793.jpg

Saturn Celeste

I love love love looking at everyone's spiritual corners in their homes.  I have seen some remarkable altars on YouTube and would like to have that feature here.  So get out your cell phones, camera, web cam, whatever you use to take pictures and share your little slice of solitude with us!

I like to take pictures of my tarot corner after I dust so I have just taken a round of piccies.  Something I have fun with is to look at past pictures of my corner and see how they have changed as my collection has grown.  Just when I think I can't find a place for another deck, I do.  But one thing is certain, one day I'm gonna need a bigger space!  ^-^

Edited by Saturn Celeste

Great space SaturnCeleste!  I love how warm it all seems.

My altar is separate from my tarot though, at times, I will use tarot in my rituals.  When I get home from work I will take a picture for you.

Saturn Celeste

Great space SaturnCeleste!  I love how warm it all seems.

My altar is separate from my tarot though, at times, I will use tarot in my rituals.  When I get home from work I will take a picture for you.

Great, I'll look for it!  ^-^

Well,  I have to admit defeat.  I intended to attach a photo of my altar but was not able to.  Even tho it's just a phone camera shot with no embellishments it's too large to attach and I couldn't figure out how to make it smaller without cropping some of the picture.  I don't even know if that is possible.  This is just TOO embarrassing when I'm responding to the Tech Administrator for the site(!).

Again, thank you for your photos, SaturnCeleste.

aleatoryEpiphany

Well,  I have to admit defeat.  I intended to attach a photo of my altar but was not able to.  Even tho it's just a phone camera shot with no embellishments it's too large to attach and I couldn't figure out how to make it smaller without cropping some of the picture.  I don't even know if that is possible.  This is just TOO embarrassing when I'm responding to the Tech Administrator for the site(!).

I suggest getting a program like GIMP (which is free) and scaling the image down, or alternately you can get a photobucket account and upload the image there and just posting a link to it. I've done both those things (usually simultaneously but not always) to get around size constraints.

My camera battery is officially completely dead, so I just ordered a new one; I'll take a pic of my altar when I get the new battery and then post it. :3 Your spaces all look amazing, SaturnCeleste! I have just the one space, but I love it no less for being compact.

Saturn Celeste

ballerina, that's is fine!  I'm not skilled in phones so sadly I can't help but maybe others will have some suggestions!  Your intention was awesome.  <3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.