Albadawn

Today I am grateful for...

Hi everyone,

As some of you know, I have chronic illness. Nothing life-threatening, but it presents its challenges. After one too many days of feeling frustrated and sorry for myself I've decided to try putting some of those self-help tips I keep reading about into action.

Gratitude is said to bring about feelings of peace, tranquillity and resilience, so if you would care to, please join in and let's spread our happy thoughts :)

Dawn

Today I am grateful for my mattress. It is soft enough to sink into, but firm enough to give my body the support it needs not to start aching. It's purely by chance that it's just right for me, and it's from IKEA, so it should be easy to replace like-for-like when I eventually need to do so.

This mattress has brought me a lot of comfort today and given me space to spread my favourite things out around me. It's carried me through this challenging day and helped me restore myself back to a place of acceptance about what is going on with my health right now.

Albadawn[/member] I am sorry to hear about your illness and wish you all the best in dealing with it but what a lovely idea for a thread.

Today, after a very stressful few days at work, I am grateful for a day off and for the people around me.

So.  In a feeble attempt to amp up my waning spiritual practice I downloaded a bible app that has daily...er...stuff...and I have it set for 4am because that just works for me.  Anyway, today's question was, " Have you seen God’s delay work in your favor in the past?"  This was about waiting for prayers to be answered, which doesn't apply to me, but...when I laid back down, I thought about that question.  I know that I've seen that happen, although I can't remember any specifics, but...Ya.....waiting waiting waiting, but then something Better-er comes along, and I would have missed out if the WAIT hadn't happened.  So.  I'm grateful for my comfy bed to snuggle back down into while I ponder a wee spiritual truth, and I'm grateful that the app is working the way I hoped it would.

Great thread!

Yay for comfy mattresses!

Today I'm grateful for this forum existing. This is the first time in a long time that I feel like I actually somewhat belong. It's helping me heal recent wounds and even old scars I thought would never fade, and I've met some amazing people here as well.

Eegh, and now I have a twisted knot of emotion in my heart. I swear I'm not normally this sappy... (gdi this is embarrassing to post, but...)

I am grateful that I have such an awesome forum-family here who has been nothing but kind and patient during all my crazy endeavors with the forum.  <3

I am also grateful for my cozy bed, which I'm about to retire to!

I always knew you were the tough sort, Dawn. :D

Today I'm grateful for all the gifts I have, which I've been learning not to take for granted. This reminds me of the Parable of the Talents, and of how I must not waste them if I don't want them to disappear. To this, I will adhere. :)

Lovely idea for a thread.  <3

Today, I'm feeling grateful for my daughter. She's so funny and gives the best hugs. I wish I could bottle the feeling she gives me so I could always have it on tap.

Today (tonight?) I am grateful for quick, nice plumbers. And the fact that it's not a water pipe that was leaking into our apartment.

Also for food and shelter and stuff. Even though I screwed up cooking it, I had food to eat and still have leftovers. Even with everything going wrong I still have a roof over my head, my music, etc. and a partner who takes care of me. I could be way worse off. I'm thankful I'm not.

Today I am grateful for modern technology. What would I do without instant messaging services?? I've been able to communicate with my family members all day today even though some of them are in other countries. It's great!!

half caf coffee when your only suppose to drink the decaf....but your a bit burnt out :) world got real bright again ;D

Also over sized soft oatmeal cookies with raisins and cranberries in them... <3

and the sunny day 8)

Simple Pleasures....

Today I am grateful for tea, chocolate and cozy, fluffy things.♡

And for my partner being so sweet.♡♡♡ (He's the one who bought me the chocolate. (❀˵´ ˇ `˵)<3)

Today I am grateful for paracetamol.  (I have a bad cold.  :( )

Awww. :( I hope you feel better soon.♡

°。 ♡  °。 ♡  °。 ♡

Today I am grateful for St John's Wort and my rice cooker. I've managed to wash, cook breakfast and wash some dishes, and I'm feeling pretty content! Now for some tea... 旦(◡‿◡❀)

Today I'm grateful that my parents came relatively unscathed from a car accident. On the very twisty and turny road on one side of the fjord where they drive home from work they met a car that we assume didn't have proper winter tires. It slid on the road and smashed into the car ahead of them and their own car. The person driving the car luckily had their license taken away at the spot and although my parents had just gotten that car this last summer and it's a wreck at least they're fine! The other person ahead of them only was lightly injured too  O:-)

Also I'm grateful for my disability aid which let's me live like a regular person without straining myself too hard. I can actually do so much more now that I have some disposable income... which right now is dream greedily of another set of paint  >:D

So glad to hear your family is safe, Page!

Yesterday I was grateful for my dear best friend S, who is like a sister to me. We had pizza last night and played the Sims 2 and laughed all evening, it was such a blast from the past to play it again.

Today I am grateful for decaf! I would miss coffee so much otherwise. It's like a cosy warm hug every morning :)

So glad to hear your family is safe, Page!

Yesterday I was grateful for my dear best friend S, who is like a sister to me. We had pizza last night and played the Sims 2 and laughed all evening, it was such a blast from the past to play it again.

Today I am grateful for decaf! I would miss coffee so much otherwise. It's like a cosy warm hug every morning :)

*Yes, and they have good decaf these days!!! so happy...

Today I'm grateful that my parents came relatively unscathed from a car accident. On the very twisty and turny road on one side of the fjord where they drive home from work they met a car that we assume didn't have proper winter tires. It slid on the road and smashed into the car ahead of them and their own car. The person driving the car luckily had their license taken away at the spot and although my parents had just gotten that car this last summer and it's a wreck at least they're fine! The other person ahead of them only was lightly injured too  O:-)

Also I'm grateful for my disability aid which let's me live like a regular person without straining myself too hard. I can actually do so much more now that I have some disposable income... which right now is dream greedily of another set of paint  >:D

Im glad your parents are ok too  <3

Today I am grateful for my tarot decks, and especially my Kiki Lala for keeping me company tonight.♡ I have a wonderful spread laid out right now.

Today I'm grateful for Mort Garson's two albums Plantasia: Music for Plants and Ataraxia: The Unexplained. Very different albums that both have some very interesting early electronic Moog music. He is one of my favourite musicians I discovered last year after I got into more early electronic music - kind of a natural result of enjoying so many 8-bit video game soundtracks  ^-^

Today I'm grateful for living on the coast - my stepbrother is staying with me until the weekend so we took a walk and the seals graced us with their presence! I love to see them, they always seem so calm and happy :)