Today I am grateful for...

Albadawn

Today I am grateful to the universe because my neighbors are gone for the day (and I hope for more!) probably at the beach, hoping that they won't be stung by some jellyfishes, it would be a very bad karma for them, but these people are noisy and it's painful for those around them.

They talk very loudly, constantly invite acquaintances, drink, laugh, blablabla, even when they buy a swimsuit, the whole neighborhood has absolutely to be aware, boo 🤪

When they are on vacation it makes my vacation! 😁

Nishaagni

Such a lovely topic 🙂 

Today I am grateful for having a safe home where I can stay with my family during covid19. I am grateful for my family’s company and health. I am grateful for having access to comfort and amenities, when so many people may not. I thank God for it every day 🙂

DownUnderNZer
16 hours ago, Decan said:

Today I am grateful to the universe because my neighbors are gone for the day (and I hope for more!) probably at the beach, hoping that they won't be stung by some jellyfishes, it would be a very bad karma for them, but these people are noisy and it's painful for those around them.

They talk very loudly, constantly invite acquaintances, drink, laugh, blablabla, even when they buy a swimsuit, the whole neighborhood has absolutely to be aware, boo 🤪

When they are on vacation it makes my vacation! 😁

Hope you enjoy a bit of peace and quiet - noisy neighbours don't always make the best neighbours that is for sure. Glad you found what you could be grateful for in that situation.  ❤️💙💜

5 hours ago, Nishaagni said:

Such a lovely topic 🙂 

Today I am grateful for having a safe home where I can stay with my family during covid19. I am grateful for my family’s company and health. I am grateful for having access to comfort and amenities, when so many people may not. I thank God for it every day

Ain't that the truth! And so beautifully put. ❤️💙💜

Some of us are very blessed to have a roof over our heads and the use of gas and electricity. No debts whatsoever.  Also, our families and close friends near by or at the end of a phone line or Skype.

Grateful everyday myself for having this!

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer

Grateful today for what feels like never ending Christmases and Birthdays.

Love love that feeling! ❤️💙💜

Not only have my International boxes been delivered for pick up, but also I got notification for three other online orders.

My order of Biltong from yesterday is now on its way, an electronic device that does anti-aging maintenance is now ready to collect (hope it is worth the $$$) and one other thing that was meant to take up to 7 business days - is now ready for collection after about 1 business day. 😁😁😁

Truly grateful for what we are able to buy online and in store even though there are some things that are still not available.

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer

Grateful that another one has arrived from the USA - from ordering it to being cleared through customs it has taken about 5 days.

Here in less than a week! 🙃

Am really grateful that postage via air is not an issue like last year.

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer

Grateful for a wonderful day!

Truly blessed with all that is in my life and know that everyday - warts and all!

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer

Grateful for an efficient postal system as two more packages to collect tomorrow! 🙃🙃🙃

Also, very grateful for things like electricity, water and gas - the things we have at our disposal everyday that sometimes we take for granted and don't realise just how vital it is until it is gone.

No black out here, but it did happen to someone I know two days in a row this week - overseas! 🕯️🕯️🕯️

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer

Grateful for a laid back day and for the peace and quiet - thanks to the surrounding neighbours.

Turning more out to be a lazy day though, but sometimes we need and deserve it! 🙃🙃🙃

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer

Grateful today for what I am about to eat for dinner- Lamb with steamed and roasted veggies.

Have some massive boxes to unpack yet and to go through, but am truly grateful they arrived after so long and with no extern or internal damage.👍👍👍

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer

Grateful today for being able to get up and do my thing when some people have no mobility and/or are confined to a bed or wheelchair due an accident, old age and/or a debilitating condition.

Some things should never be taken for granted.

DND 🌞

7 hours ago, DownUnderNZer said:

Grateful today for being able to get up and do my thing when some people have no mobility and/or are confined to a bed or wheelchair due an accident, old age and/or a debilitating condition.

Some things should never be taken for granted.

DND 🌞

Hi @DownUnderNZer

While I appreciate and can understand that you are grateful for this, I'd like you to take a moment to contemplate how you have written this and how this could come across to someone with disability.  The way you have written this has come across as very ableist and comes across as patronising and even offensive.  It is not possible for anyone who has not been in the situations you describe here to understand and imagine the life that they lead and as such it is not right to make comments like this.  You have also made a very broad generalisation about these situations whereas in actual fact, these situations are very nuanced and very individual to the people involved.

This is not a case to be argued and the staff will take a strong stand on this.

If you (or anyone else reading this) wishes to discuss this further, please PM a member of staff.

Stephanelli.

DownUnderNZer

Grateful today as no clouds are in the sky and it is warm compared to what it has been like as of late with weather that has been colder than usual - like as cold as 38 years ago this time apparently according to the news.

Taking advantage of the day!

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer

Grateful for Reece's Peanut Butter cups and a packet of M&M originals. 

A blast from the past!

DND 🌞

Today I am grateful for my solar panels. I'm also very, VERY grateful that I wasn't driving along a certain part of my street when the wind brought a power pole down there. I could have died!

Nobody did, by the way. Nobody was underneath at they wrong time. I drove out, everything was normal. I drove back, the pole was down, most of the road was cordoned off, and a crew with their heavy machinery were starting to put it right. My neighbours and the businesses around were all blacked out. I wasn't. Gratitude.

Yes, I would have liked to have been more cosmic and been grateful for just being alive, but my gratitude is more focussed today.

Edited by Nisaba

In addition to the thing I am grateful for every single day (waking up to find that I'm still breathing), today I'm grateful for the solar panels on my roof. Powering - for free! - the new energy-efficient air conditioning, which is doing a good job of heating the place.

When I woke, it was -3. When I finished showering and dressing some time later, it was still only 0, and there were diamonds on the roof of the shed.

Okay, so sunlit frost, not diamonds, for which I was also grateful because it was beautiful. 

Now, at 9.37, it's a whole 4 degrees. Thus, I am grateful for efficient heating and free power.

Edited by Nisaba

On 7/17/2021 at 12:49 PM, katrinka said:

That's scary. Do you know what caused it to fall, did somebody drive into it?

It was incredibly windy that day, and the poles around here are old. I'm a mite concerned about the one close to my house, which looks dodgy.

katrinka
43 minutes ago, Nisaba said:

It was incredibly windy that day, and the poles around here are old. I'm a mite concerned about the one close to my house, which looks dodgy.

Make a fuss, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. If they won't do anything, write the papers, put them on blast publicly.
You certainly don't need a utility pole smashed into your parlor or toilet.