Today I am grateful for...

Albadawn

Today I am grateful for the progress I've made this week! I haven't been very well for a few weeks and I feel like I'm finally beginning to turn the corner.

I'm also grateful for everyone's posts here - it's so lovely to read  <3

Hello Albadawn :)

Just checking in...Did i miss your birthday?

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~! :)

Today I am grateful for the progress I've made this week! I haven't been very well for a few weeks and I feel like I'm finally beginning to turn the corner.

I'm also grateful for everyone's posts here - it's so lovely to read  <3

Do hope you are feeling better, Albadawn[/member].  <3 <3 <3 True that I haven't seen you around. Return to us quickly.  :hug: <3

Today I’m grateful for the knowledge and resilience life has given me.  Each day I can wake up and simply enjoy the day knowing that I’m a small part of the scheme of things. I can give and take what seems necessary and good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I'm grateful for having found my half-sister Jacqueline, at long last.  :) :) :)

I'd always been told that I had a half-sister out there somewhere, but it was only now, through the modern miracle of Ancestry.com and online records that I found her. My father's first child, from his first marriage. She was born in 1948 (making her older than my mom), but is alive and well, and on Facebook :).

Page of Ghosts

Today I'm grateful for having a serious landlord who'll actually care to fix things when I tell him about them!

I've lived so many crappy places and I'm so used to not being listened to when I ask about things so I admit I'm not always the best at telling him about them. This week I've complained about my well-functioning but loud fridge (it's still under warranty so it'll be handled with that) as well as my busy ant-visitors that seem to come up through a crack in the filling between the tiles in my hall. The ants will be dealt with tomorrow and the fridge later this week :))

Today I am grateful for continuing to uncover family connections. Thanks to DNA testing and "23andMe", I've connected with two people who may turn out to be the adult children of yet ANOTHER half-sister, this one born out of wedlock.

I've enlisted the help of my half-brothers to work on solving the mystery (one of whom is a retired detective) -- there are many unanswered questions, but genetics, proximity, probabilities, and anecdotal evidence are all stacking up.

Sunshine and being able to go outside (although it's not warm enough yet to sit outside)

The taste of raspberries

And best of all - our dear old cat Minetje has recovered from her sickness and will stay with us longer  <3

Today I am grateful for life. I could have died at my desk Monday morning. When I finally depart the mortal coil, I sincerely don't want it to happen 1) at work, and 2) on a Monday morning.

But here it is, Wednesday, and I get to go home from the hospital later today, and medications are already starting to break up the blood clots in my lungs, and I'm feeling so much better that I just want to hug every nurse who comes in.

It wasn't until I woke up this morning and could breathe easily and think clearly that I realized just how sick I'd been before.

Elin by the Sea

But here it is, Wednesday, and I get to go home from the hospital later today, and medications are already starting to break up the blood clots in my lungs, and I'm feeling so much better that I just want to hug every nurse who comes in.

Oh! I'm glad you're doing better!  I have a huge fear of blood clots as I'm at a "slightly" elevated risk for them.  Some "lifestyle choices" I occasionally engage in don't help much either.

Take care of yourself.  <virtual hugs>

Food, cats, cat food.

Trying to be grateful for autocorrect too (even when it keeps screwing me over when I post on mobile, but whatever).

OutoftheAshes

I'm with you EmpyreanKnight[/member].  <3

I'm so grateful for still being able to give my Dad a big hug and kiss today and remind him just how much I love and appreciate him.  <3 <3

Happy Father's Day everyone!

my mammo and lung ct came back clear, no lurking cancer cells

Oh AJ, that is such wonderful news!  What a relief!  I recently had labs done that weren't as bad as I thought they would be.  I know the feeling of relief you're going through!  Enjoy!  <3

I'm also grateful for EmpyreanKnight[/member] for the posting frenzy he went on this weekend!  His posts are always informative and fun and a wonderful asset to the forum.  Write on, EK!  <3

MysticMoonlight

For this morning's Tarot reading.

It gave me insight that I appreciate. Sometimes we just need a reminder to just keep going....even when it's against the current, even while others are going in the opposite direction...just keep going. Keep doing "you".  Game on, adversity. Game on.

whatsawhosit

paid off our house,registered the deed!!! It has been quite a distraction from my art and studies....finally a MASSIVE burden has vanished.  8)

EmpyreanKnight

paid off our house,registered the deed!!! It has been quite a distraction from my art and studies....finally a MASSIVE burden has vanished.  8)

Wow, congats whatsawhosit! ;D I see this as a huge milestone - to finally have real properties that one fully owns. I have some too and they're in my name, but the main one I'm angling for might take more than a decade to pay off.

I'm glad the family let my paternal grandfather pass away in peace (and with some level of dignity) instead of doing what they put my paternal grandmother through for 17 years. Which was torture and selfish and self-righteous, just atrocious. I'm actually surprised and quite impressed at their approach this time around.

I still don't like the paternal side of my family, though. And I think I should see a lawyer about making clear how I want to be treated when I can't make my own medical decisions for myself. I don't trust them.

ETA: Outside my nuclear family, at least I can be grateful for my maternal extended family.

ArtThingies

Today I am grateful for the sun and warm weather, after several days of grey and rain. It can lift my mood so much just in seconds!

whatsawhosit

Congratulations!!  That is such a fulfilling feeling!  Enjoy YOUR home now and get some stuff in the yard.  :))

thanks, so much. I will have to take pictures sometime while the flowers are in bloom... I seem to spend ALL my time working on those tarot cards. I think the Koi fish is grateful too he just got a big upgrade to a 150 gallon tank ;)