How are we doing? Suggestions here!

Little Fang

How about a "threads started by" feature.  I seem to remember this from a forum I belonged to a few years ago, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.  It could be part of each member's profile, so in addition to reading all a person's posts, we could narrow in on all the threads that a person started. 

ETA I know that under "Stats" on the profile we can see the number of topics a member started but I was hoping for a linkable list to those threads.

Saturn Celeste

How about a "threads started by" feature.  I seem to remember this from a forum I belonged to a few years ago, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.  It could be part of each member's profile, so in addition to reading all a person's posts, we could narrow in on all the threads that a person started. 

ETA I know that under "Stats" on the profile we can see the number of topics a member started but I was hoping for a linkable list to those threads.

Hi Grandma!  We can't implement that kind of a feature into this forum software.  But going into a member's profile that interests you will show their posts as you're already said. ;)

Hi Grandma!  We can't implement that kind of a feature into this forum software.  But going into a member's profile that interests you will show their posts as you're already said. ;)

Okay, good enough, and thank you for the speedy response.

By the way, did you see that there's a party going on in the "post before the mods see you" thread?  (hee hee hee)

Like button? For feedback and posts we like

Like buttons have been discussed heavily recently and we've determined it would not be the best course of action for our forum.  Thank you for understanding!

Saturn Celeste

Hi, Im logged here for get help with tarot read but I can't post any posts and threads. So im here then UNNECESSARY then.

Hi John. There are a few sections that 5 posts are required first.  I suggest you make an introduction thread and post on that, you'll find getting 4 more posts will come very quickly!

https://www.thetarotforum.com/introductions/

Saturn Celeste

Doin' good! A lot of great insight and advice here. Just thought I'd throw this in.

Hi Joe!  Thank you very must for your show of support!  :biggrin:

You're doing great ❤️

...but always room for improvement, imho  :) :

- On the profile page I would like to have an own field to enter Tarot books. This field must allow links (so you can link each book to Goodreads, Amazon or whatever you use as reference for book review).

- Current "Deck Collection" and "Deck Wishlist" should also allow links.

Saturn Celeste

You're doing great ❤️

...but always room for improvement, imho  :) :

- On the profile page I would like to have an own field to enter Tarot books. This field must allow links (so you can link each book to Goodreads, Amazon or whatever you use as reference for book review).

- Current "Deck Collection" and "Deck Wishlist" should also allow links.

Hi KaiNO!  You can add links!  Look on my profile page all the way down to "Decks for Trade or Sale" and you'll see a linked book, Tarot of the Saints.  This is the code you use to make that link:

[url=LINK]TEXT HERE[/url]

As for the fields, I can't change those so if you want to just make a category of books you can do that also. ;)

Hi KaiNO!  You can add links!  Look on my profile page all the way down to "Decks for Trade or Sale" and you'll see a linked book, Tarot of the Saints.  This is the code you use to make that link:

As for the fields, I can't change those so if you want to just make a category of books you can do that also. ;)

Wow, that works. I tried a month ago, but with wrong url-tag ;D

Thanks  ^-^

Saturn Celeste

Wow, that works. I tried a month ago, but with wrong url-tag ;D

Thanks  ^-^

Anytime!  :love:

I hope this is the right place for this!

I noticed that this forum seems to be very welcoming of folks, given the suggestion that you share your pronouns in the welcome email. However, on the profile editing page there's a section for "gender" and there's only two options (male or female). So my suggestion would be to replace the gender section in profiles with a pronouns section. It can include the common ones (He, She, and They) and also include an "other" option in case one's pronouns aren't available. Alternatively, it can be a text box where people just type in what their pronouns are.

As it is now, the gender question seems very constraining and non-inclusive. I haven't filled out that section myself, and I've used the "personal text" box to input my pronouns. My argument is that a section for pronouns normalizes the process of asking pronouns without being intrusive, allows trans folks to make their preferences known without feeling pressured to answer a "gender" question in a way they may not want to, and that it would make things convenient for everyone if we could easily glance at one another and see what pronouns to refer to them by when we reply to them.

Thank you for your consideration!

Little Fang

Thank you for noticing that!  I didn't even think to go and look that over.  I can take a peek now, but I'm hoping the new software update will fix a lot of little things like that.  I'll be sure to check!  <3

Edit: I went to take a look, and there are no current mods that allow me to fix this. :( This is a huge reason I'm changing software; A lot of mods are outdated and no longer updated by their creators.

I hope this is the right place for this!

I noticed that this forum seems to be very welcoming of folks, given the suggestion that you share your pronouns in the welcome email. However, on the profile editing page there's a section for "gender" and there's only two options (male or female). So my suggestion would be to replace the gender section in profiles with a pronouns section. It can include the common ones (He, She, and They) and also include an "other" option in case one's pronouns aren't available. Alternatively, it can be a text box where people just type in what their pronouns are.

As it is now, the gender question seems very constraining and non-inclusive. I haven't filled out that section myself, and I've used the "personal text" box to input my pronouns. My argument is that a section for pronouns normalizes the process of asking pronouns without being intrusive, allows trans folks to make their preferences known without feeling pressured to answer a "gender" question in a way they may not want to, and that it would make things convenient for everyone if we could easily glance at one another and see what pronouns to refer to them by when we reply to them.

Thank you for your consideration!

I am so happy you pointed this out as this is a topic that matters a lot to us. We all look forward to when we get to switch to the new software, it will really help us step up our game in the way we are longing to!  <3

Thank you for noticing that!  I didn't even think to go and look that over.  I can take a peek now, but I'm hoping the new software update will fix a lot of little things like that.  I'll be sure to check!  <3

Edit: I went to take a look, and there are no current mods that allow me to fix this. :( This is a huge reason I'm changing software; A lot of mods are outdated and no longer updated by their creators.

Thank you for taking the time to look it up and for taking the steps needed to address this!! Admittedly, i was a bit worried about how my suggestion would be perceived (hence, my long essay on the various virtues) and all I feel now is a sense of relief at having found such a welcoming community!!

I am so happy you pointed this out as this is a topic that matters a lot to us. We all look forward to when we get to switch to the new software, it will really help us step up our game in the way we are longing to!  <3

I'm glad! I really look forward to the changes, and it makes me very happy to hear that this topic matters to the moderators as much as it matters to me! So Thank you!

great request Deviation[/member], the gender form bugs me as well, it's either male, female or don't write anything which I picked. On the old forum AT, they got around this by also having a forth option where you could write free form any expression or identity you wanted. I have been hoping on the new forum software having more choices  8)  :thumbsup:

Saturn Celeste

The new software will have more choices.  I used to have 'other' on my IPBoard so I know it will accommodate more than two.

Deviation

Hi All! This isn't a suggestion, I just wanted to say thank you to all of the moderators and to Little Fang especially for working so hard the past few days to keep the server running as smoothly as possible! I've noticed problems, only for them to be fixed before I could even mention them and overall I think your dedication and passion to keeping this forum running have been shining through brightly! Thank you for all of your hard work!

AJ-ish/Sharyn

I haven't figured out anything yet! but I'm sure I will, just glad to see the forum coming up at all 😉

I'm wild about the wider screen/bigger print as default. Bigger avatars!

hugs to you all for going for it, for putting the work in, and for those loyal subscribers and backers who made it possible for these updates. Sharyn/AJ

edited to add: can the double spacing be eliminated? I found my profile (clicked on my username in the green above this post, and the deck list is all one paragraph, when I space each deck down they are double spaced too, seems over kill? 

Edited by AJ-ish/Sharyn

fire cat pickles
5 minutes ago, Little Fang said:

Try holding shift when you press enter to single space! 

OK back to work for me 

I was wondering how to do that!

The new forum looks good. Thanks to those who did this. Working on my own site now makes me realize this ain't easy!

I started to tag my own reading circle threads since this would make them easy to find, and I thought these tags only were visible to me.

But reaching the first thread started by my reading partner (and not me) I'm not able to tag this thread... 😯

Q: Are my tags visible to just me or everyone? (I have tagged three different threads here: https://www.thetarotforum.com/forums/forum/31-tarot-reading-circles/ )

Q: If tags are only visible to me, any chance that threads can be configured so that not only thread starter can add tags?