How are we doing? Suggestions here!

Little Fang

I can see your tags on your threads (in fact, I rather wish I couldn't as those tags mean nothing to ME !) But you can "follow" a thread (top right), and then go to "manage followed content" and all the threads you are following show up there. (though I WISH followed content had a more sensible organisation - like topics at the top - who follows images ???)

3 minutes ago, gregory said:

I can see your tags on your threads (in fact, I rather wish I couldn't as those tags mean nothing to ME !) But you can "follow" a thread (top right), and then go to "manage followed content" and all the threads you are following show up there. (though I WISH followed content had a more sensible organisation - like topics at the top - who follows images ???)

Thanks, gregory.

I'll remove my tags.

fire cat pickles
On 2/3/2018 at 3:16 PM, Little Fang said:

We want to know what YOU want on this forum!

Please discuss any suggestions you may have below and we will see what can be adjusted or implemented in order to make this the best forum and tarot home possible!

I would love love love to have a Draft function...

4 minutes ago, KaiNO said:

Thanks, gregory.

I'll remove my tags.

Heck if you WANT them, have them. But it just seems odd to see tags from other people, which don't mean anything to moi !

4 minutes ago, gregory said:

Heck if you WANT them, have them. But it just seems odd to see tags from other people, which don't mean anything to moi !

It will be a big mess if everyone creates their own tags that are visible to everyone else. I reckon the access to do this will be changed...

Just now:
Who's Online: 8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests.
There are so few people here before the yanks wake up 😟

Here's a suggestion to get more members and activity. (Otherwise, I just have to get a life 😂 )

Since I used my iPad for the first time since the upgrade, I noticed before I logged in that there are so much more in the forum than a guest user gets to know about.
Sub-forum: [guest-access] ([KaiNO]):
Talking Tarot: 7606 (12669 with Journals, Daily Draws)
Tarot Readings: 0, no info about the existence (16056)
Using Tarot: 2944 (3937)
Tarot Beyond the Basics: 189 (947)
Tarot Decks: 10920 (10920)
Study Groups: 1911 (1856, strange that this one is lower)
Subscribers Only: 0, no info about the existence (4212)
The Library: 266 (266)
Tarot Mentorship: 0, no info about the existence (5292)
Divination: 499 (817)
Cartomancy: 799 (1636)
Oracle Decks: 1073 (2477)
Introductions: 0, no info about the existence (4426)
Chatter Room: 0, no info about the existence (13086)
Forum Statistics: 6006 (6006) Total Topics, 88234 (88234) posts

As a guest user you aren't informed about all the goodies like Tarot Readings, Subscribers only sections, Tarot Mentorship, Chatter Room, etc. Or that there are more posts available in visible sections as well if you sign up. I don't remember how this was done in the old forum, but I hope this will be better emphasized over time in this new forum. Then maybe more people will sign up and get involved 😃

Edited by KaiNO

People will sign up in time, and a lot of people are still slightly lost.

But on my other forum (where a guest can see everything that's on offer from opening the front page) - look at the stats: (Damn it - off to beg from Little Fang) - look at the membership and the people on line - and it is HELL'S active. Not everyone needs to be here at the same time.

• WHO'S ONLINE   15 MEMBERS, 6 ANONYMOUS, 55 GUESTS (SEE FULL LIST)

• MEMBER STATISTICS

• Total Members 67,912

Edited by gregory

OK after several moments of grave frustration (I did manage a work around but still...)

On my other invision forum, when posting, there is a button we don't have here for "remove all formatting."

550647131_Image1.png.ad00d8fb56231e40388d21c7bd2f08a0.png

I was just multiquoting and had a nightmare time trying to post UNDER the quotes - it was determined I should post within them.

Can we haz that button, pretty please ? (wouldn't mind the spoiler one too, but I can see that could be a bit SILLY here !)

JohnLetter

Im sorry, but im caling this new forum a mess. Why are not threads separated by folder talking tarot/reading tarot/& etc? I just see down posted threads by time, but not folders. Anyone can fix this problem? I cant find anything actually. Only positive thing is this web looks better and like im used from other forums.

Raggydoll
15 minutes ago, JohnLetter said:

Im sorry, but im caling this new forum a mess. Why are not threads separated by folder talking tarot/reading tarot/& etc? I just see down posted threads by time, but not folders. Anyone can fix this problem? I cant find anything actually. Only positive thing is this web looks better and like im used from other forums.

It’s because you are not clicking on the right button. Are you on a phone or pc? If you click on the symbol that looks like three horizontal lines up in the right corner then a menu shows up. Choose forums. And that’s what it should look like. You get the traditional forum view. 

E9A3E19F-F9EA-4789-848D-1356D3B0934A.png

D15D24C0-CF91-47EE-A6A7-B9BF14B2740C.png

Hi!:) just logged in & checking my settings/options, happy to see my profile & deck list is here!:)

also link option in deck list is awesome!^^ Thank You for All Updates & Everything You Do to make great Tarot forum!^^;)

will post if I remember anything else, but for now my only remarks are;

1) if possible I would like dark AT color theme; http://www.tarotforum.net/

2) also I would like All notifications (post, donations etc) on my left hand instead of right as it's now simply bc I've used to old way!^^ lol

3) how about favorite Tarot shop list in profile?:) I know need 1!^^ lol & with *private option it would be visible to user only?:)

4) speaking on *privacy setting I'm yet to figure where to find it so maybe it would be god idea to have all *privacy settings under 1 privacy button clearly visible from user page?:) like something we have on android app settings?;)

DanielJUK

Also, after what Raggy Doll said @JohnLetter, if you are on non mobile view, the forums button at the top always brings you to the index. The index of all the areas is always around just like before 😀 You don't need to go to unread or activity if you don't want but they make it much easier to see new posts and updates.

@reall there are some more themes coming I think and also you can make some of the themes change colour on the background image button at the top. There is a thread here about how to change some of the themes to AT purple but some of them also have a dark option. Just an idea to explore but I am not sure I found a true dark theme yet 🙂

@DanielJUK Thank You!:) I would newer remember to look All the way down!;) so may I suggest theme button to be up near profile icon?;) also agree there is no *true dark/AT purple at least not to my liking so maybe Fiery Flame BUT purple background instead black & with light lilac font?:)

Edited by reall

Saturn Celeste
4 hours ago, gregory said:

OK after several moments of grave frustration (I did manage a work around but still...)

On my other invision forum, when posting, there is a button we don't have here for "remove all formatting."

550647131_Image1.png.ad00d8fb56231e40388d21c7bd2f08a0.png

I was just multiquoting and had a nightmare time trying to post UNDER the quotes - it was determined I should post within them.

Can we haz that button, pretty please ? (wouldn't mind the spoiler one too, but I can see that could be a bit SILLY here !)

You've been such a good girl!  Check out your toolbar. :love:

7 hours ago, JohnLetter said:

Just because you haven't taken the time or asked the questions like most of us are doing doesn't mean the forum is a mess.  Little Fang, Saturn Celeste, and others - I'm not sure who but I would like to know so I can thank them each - have worked very hard to provide us with a cutting edge forum.  They deserve acknowledgement of their efforts, not criticism.

Okay, now that the bossy Grandma stuff is out of the way, I have a question.

On the old forum it was easy to see who was online by the green square next to their name in all their posts, new and old.  The only way I have found here is to go to someone's profile, which is cumbersome and not really helpful because the status can change.  Am I missing something?

Raggydoll
2 minutes ago, Grandma said:

Just because you haven't taken the time or asked the questions like most of us are doing doesn't mean the forum is a mess.  Little Fang, Saturn Celeste, and others - I'm not sure who but I would like to know so I can thank them each - have worked very hard to provide us with a cutting edge forum.  They deserve acknowledgement of their efforts, not criticism.

On the old forum it was easy to see who was online by the green square next to their name in all their posts, new and old.  The only way I have found here is to go to someone's profile, which is cumbersome and not really helpful because the status can change.  Am I missing something?

Thank you Grandma! We have the "Who's online" feature on the main page. Press "Home" in the upper left corner, scroll all the way down and there you have a list. Hope that helps!

JohnLetter
8 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

It’s because you are not clicking on the right button. Are you on a phone or pc? If you click on the symbol that looks like three horizontal lines up in the right corner then a menu shows up. Choose forums. And that’s what it should look like. You get the traditional forum view. 

E9A3E19F-F9EA-4789-848D-1356D3B0934A.png

D15D24C0-CF91-47EE-A6A7-B9BF14B2740C.png

Thank you so much!!! default_thumbsup.gif.df4939f069f122fc522902db7fe0bb4d.gif

JohnLetter
1 hour ago, Grandma said:

It's just weird that it's not in mainpage button. I just say this one thing is mess. I appreciate whole work and finally I can do as I always did in other forums with this UI and upload mine emotes and pics. 

Since the forum has been up for a few days now, I thought I would ask: Any idea when the mentorship program sign up will be back? 

18 hours ago, Saturn Celeste said:

You've been such a good girl!  Check out your toolbar. :love:

I love you both. :bubble_blove: THANK YOU ! :sbowing_100-102:

And @JohnLetter - it's not a mess; it's just different. The main reason I have less trouble than most is simply that I've been on an invision forum for years, so everything is exactly where I expected it to move to. We have been moved, amazingly seamlessly, to much more secure and versatile software. HUGE kudos to those who have done it all with so little disruption. Just allow a bit of time to get used to it. 

And to whoever mentioned - the list of who's on line is on the home page (click top right !) I can't say I MIND the bubbles not being under our names in threads, and I note that they aren't there on the DC forum either. 

I'm not keen on the vote button....

JohnLetter
28 minutes ago, gregory said:

I love you both. :bubble_blove: THANK YOU ! :sbowing_100-102:

And @JohnLetter - it's not a mess; it's just different. The main reason I have less trouble than most is simply that I've been on an invision forum for years, so everything is exactly where I expected it to move to. We have been moved, amazingly seamlessly, to much more secure and versatile software. HUGE kudos to those who have done it all with so little disruption. Just allow a bit of time to get used to it. 

And to whoever mentioned - the list of who's on line is on the home page (click top right !) I can't say I MIND the bubbles not being under our names in threads, and I note that they aren't there on the DC forum either. 

I'm not keen on the vote button....

I always wondered why this forum can't be in this new UI  and I love it, believe me!

btw- hope we will get someday the vote button 🙂

Edited by JohnLetter

We have one in some threads. I hate it. It leads to mobbing and competition to get votes and look good. Ugh. It reminds me of likes on facebook. Did you know that a recent study has shown that being desperate for likes on facebook has led to a significant increase in mental illness - low self esteem for those who don't get a load, and then silly behaviour to try and win them. NO support from me for that stuff - not that I'm ON facebook.

If you like something - post a comment to say what you like about it. Otherwise it means nothing.

Holy bleep. Just testing the vote button and it sends what I voted to the top of the thread where I can't see it in sequence. That is NOT a terribly good idea....

Off to down-vote them again to restore the chronology in the thread !

OK never mind - in a thread where people HAVE voted one can choose to sort by date rather than vote. Panic over. Though the default does appear to be by vote.

Edited by gregory

In some areas of the forum, the date of the last post doesn't show, only the date the "question was asked" - this can be awfully frustrating. It also makes it very hard to hit the last post in a thread when that's what you wanted...

AJ-ish/Sharyn
On 5/3/2019 at 12:22 PM, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

edited to add: can the double spacing be eliminated? I found my profile (clicked on my username in the green above this post, and the deck list is all one paragraph, when I space each deck down they are double spaced too, seems over kill? 

hey, thanks, magic!