How are we doing? Suggestions here!

Little Fang

DownUnderNZer

ALL ABOVE ME

Don't know how to multi quote or do the @nickname thing so please bear with me as I do a quick reply.

Cool and appreciated. Will look at this later when home. The links and hopefully giving it a go.

Thanks!

DND

DownUnderNZer

There are some things that happen, but I do not know why or how.

1) Something I posted yesterday (new thread in Oracle Exchanges) doubled up, but I didn't post it twice.

I did do it via Chrome and on my phone, so am not sure if it was that or a glitch.

2) When I press RESPOND TO THREAD, quite often it will open at the LAST POST, like a QUOTE.

Sometimes I can get out of it and other times not.

3) Yesterday when I decided to not use QUOTE after selecting it in Stephanalli's Moon Oracle Reading.

I could not back track, delete, refresh or anything.

I even closed out all together and when I went back in to do the RESPOND TO THREAD from fresh - there it was again.

DND

DownUnderNZer
16 minutes ago, DownUnderNZer said:

1) Something I posted yesterday (new thread in Oracle Exchanges) doubled up, but I didn't post it twice.

I did do it via Chrome and on my phone, so am not sure if it was that or a glitch.

2) When I press RESPOND TO THREAD, quite often it will open at the LAST POST, like a QUOTE.

3) Yesterday when I decided to not use QUOTE after selecting it in Stephanalli's Moon Oracle Reading.

I even closed out all together and when I went back in to do the RESPOND TO THREAD from fresh - there it was again.

DND

Are there any suggestions as to how to get out of it when it happens.

Thanks!

Are you still using iExplorer ?

The only thing I can suggest is to close your browser and then reopen it. Or get a better browser.

6 hours ago, DownUnderNZer said:

It may have been a glitch. But if it happens again then you can PM whatever moderator that is online and we will fix it for you. 

Do you mean the "Reply to this topic" button that sits at the top of the page? If so, then that is weird. It shouldn't do that. 

DND

That sounds like the Editor feature, but I might be wrong. In case it is the Editor, then that is the feature that remembers old stuff we have posted (or that we started to write). To remove reclaimed text or images you need to press the "Clear the editor" button and not press the "x", because then the option to remove the reclaimed text disappears. It would be really helpful if you could provide some screenshots for when stuff like this happens. It is much easier for us to pinpoint potential sources of your troubles if we have an image to go by. 

Anyway, I am sorry that you have been experiencing these issues. I hope we will be able to figure them out promptly. And, like Gregory suggested, try using another browser and also to clear out your browser cookies. That might help. Its worth a try, at least :love:

Rose Lalonde

If it's helpful, just a heads up that the forum Rules & Info page is a little difficult to read in the Chameleon theme. Screenshot attached.  

image.png

39 minutes ago, gregory said:

If you can't change text colour, maybe make it a graphic ?

My thoughts exactly. I think that would be the best option

Rose Lalonde

I'm guessing most people who are new to the site will see the Rules & Info at the top before they get around to changing themes. And if not they might, like me, just select the text to read it highlighted, so I'm not overly worried. Just wanted to pass along in case it was an easy fix.

(Image of the text is a good idea, but it would make the page inaccessible to the visually impaired unless the alt text for the image in the html included all the content for their screen reader to read out to them. And on a mobile the text might be too small for everyone to see if the image scales down to fit the screen.)

Edited by Rose Lalonde

Little Fang

I copied it from the default theme and pasted it. Now it has a background! 😉

Thank you for the idea! 

Saturn Celeste

Just a tip for text that can't be read, just go to your browser menu and it's usually under Edit, hit Select All and the text will be highlighted on the page and easy to read.  But it's good the background was changed for sure!!  :bubble_bok:

AJ-ish/Sharyn

can we get a reprieve from the instant YOU'VE EDITED THIS THREAD, YOU MUST BE A DUMMY notice at the bottom of the post?

3 or 4 minutes anyway? 

Regarding the table of contents page of the library of decks:

1) The Slow Tarot is forgotten.

2) Wouldn't it be easer to find decks if the decks starting with "The" was sorted by the following word?

Not:
R-T
The Cheimonette Tarot
The Considerate Cat Tarot
etc.

But instead under:
A-F
Cheimonette Tarot, The
Considerate Cat Tarot, The
etc

Edited by KaiNO

Does anyone else find the site slow to load? This is especially on my phone.. I'm using chrome on android. 

Also the old AT had a forum for subscribers called professional Tarot. Here i only see three places for subscribers to talk, exchanges and trading and that's about it. Am i missing another place for similar subscriber only chatter? 

21 minutes ago, ashtoreth said:

Does anyone else find the site slow to load? This is especially on my phone.. I'm using chrome on android. 

I have no such issues anymore (the old forum used to be slow on my phone). I’m using safari/apple. 

21 minutes ago, ashtoreth said:

Also the old AT had a forum for subscribers called professional Tarot. Here i only see three places for subscribers to talk, exchanges and trading and that's about it. Am i missing another place for similar subscriber only chatter? 

That’s a nice idea, I remember the Professional tarot forum on AT and I would definitely not mind if we created such a space in the subscribers area here. Let’s ping @Saturn Celeste as she is the magical fairy who grants sub-category wishes 😉

Saturn Celeste
On 7/12/2019 at 6:07 AM, KaiNO said:

Regarding the table of contents page of the library of decks:

1) The Slow Tarot is forgotten.

2) Wouldn't it be easer to find decks if the decks starting with "The" was sorted by the following word?

Not:
R-T
The Cheimonette Tarot
The Considerate Cat Tarot
etc.

But instead under:
A-F
Cheimonette Tarot, The
Considerate Cat Tarot, The
etc

I will take this suggestion into consideration KaiNo!  I have so much work to do in the gallery it's not funny.  I am working on 2 huge readings and when they are done, then I will be back devoting my attention to the gallery.  Thanks for your support! :herz:

5 minutes ago, Saturn Celeste said:

I will take this suggestion into consideration KaiNo!  I have so much work to do in the gallery it's not funny.  I am working on 2 huge readings and when they are done, then I will be back devoting my attention to the gallery.  Thanks for your support! :herz:

The gallery is already lovely, Celeste. Very well done! 😍👍

What I pointed out are just small things that don't mean the world, no hurry ☺️

Saturn Celeste
Just now, KaiNO said:

What I pointed out are just small things that don't mean the world, no hurry ☺️

I will change it when I do get busy again in there.  The real way it should be done is in this format: Cheimonette Tarot (The).  I think that's how it's done correctly.

Saturn Celeste
Just now, Raggydoll said:

I have no such issues anymore (the old forum used to be slow on my phone). I’m using safari/apple. 

That’s a nice idea, I remember the Professional tarot forum on AT and I would definitely not mind if we created such a space in the subscribers area here. Let’s ping @Saturn Celeste as she is the magical fairy who grants sub-category wishes 😉

Only subscribers will be able to access this link.

https://www.thetarotforum.com/forums/forum/143-professional-readers/

Thank you for all that you do, and the forum continues to look more inviting and compelling each time I visit!

Apologies if this has been brought up already! Might there be a way to have the latest date that corresponds to the latest entry next to threads instead of the originating date? It's a bit confusing to read through a forum list i.e. Tarot Exchanges - and see dates that are a year or more old even though the thread is currently active.

Thank you for your help!

Edited by Smiling

I would love to join a study group or enroll in a beginner Tarot course. I have been wandering around the site but haven't come across any options yet.

Please advise.