jema

Loved companions - what are yours?

Though I would make a thread for our pets if that is ok.

I am a cat person myself and live with two grown up cats but then Sindy had 'an accident' and suddenly I had 6 cats!

I managed to sell 2 kittens but can't bear to part with the last two even though it will be hard financially, I just have to sacrifice buying decks!  :o

Anyway here is a photo of the 4 kittens resting on my spot in the living room.

Will post more later  :)

4kits.jpg.f28ede73e6c9ea9c92e6661e8f60832b.jpg

I am a cat person myself and live with two grown up cats but then Sindy had 'an accident' and suddenly I had 6 cats!

I managed to sell 2 kittens but can't bear to part with the last two even though it will be hard financially, I just have to sacrifice buying decks!  :o

Your kitties are beautiful!  :-* Do you have names for them? I love cats but I allergic to them too. My neighbour has 3 cats, and she said she had enough. But you are six in total and to the kittens need more time and attention from you too. Wow!

I had a 20 years old goldfish, still alive after all those years. Will upload photo later, after I cleaned the water  :P

I have a sweet little 3-pound, 3-year-old long-haired Chihuahua name Gypsy. She just had her 3rd birthday on June 28th. She's my heart. I'd be just lost without her.

And then I have 2 parakeets, Stanley and Steven. They're a same-sex couple. Stanley was lonely so I got him a friend. Steven is such a wonderful "singer" but Stanley just sort of hangs out. Stanley's claim to fame is that he learned to make seagull noises when he was alone so that's about the extent of his talents. That and shedding his feathers and pooping more than I remember other parakeets I've had doing.

Happens to the best of us Jema. We have 8 kitties :o. Morsel, Peaches, Lucy, Pixie aka Foo, Grimer, Obby, Rascal, and Spider.

Morsel and Pixie were our daughters childhood cats they stayed behind when she left the nest.

We took in a very pregnant Peaches and out of 5 kittens 2 stayed. Lucy and her brother Gossamer (lost him to bone marrow cancer at age 3). Grimer was one of many outside cats the neighbor took care of. He adopted DH and the neighbor allowed him to go with us when we moved. Obby showed up on the front porch in labor just as a bad storm (tornado warnings) rolled in. I settled her in a box in the garage where she delivered 7 kittens. Rascal our 20 lb cattamoose and his sister the only girl from the litter Spider stayed with us.

Then we have Hank the GSD and Clifford a GSD mix.

We have 5 dogs.  1 Brown Newfy girl - Sammi, - will be 9 in October &  4 Saint Bernards; Xabrina - 7  Willow - 4 her brother Abel - 4 and Hero, 8 months. 

Abel is kind of a rescue.  His original owner passed away after a car wreck, and Abel suffered some serious muscle damage in the accident.  His breeder took him back, but his injury makes him not very adoptable.  He needs ongoing medical care and support, although he is otherwise healthy, he just limps. We had known Abel since he was a baby, and had considered taking him when we got our Willow from the same litter but 2 Saint puppies at the same time...no....but we couldn't say no to him again. 

Hero is the son of our Saint Bernard Rowdy, who we lost in November just after his 9th birthday to cancer. We hadn't planned on getting a puppy from our Rowdy's first litter of puppies.  He had been bred quite a few time and never produced puppies (the GIRLS had issues, not him).  He was so healthy even at 9 years old we thought we had time.  We always said we wanted a pup from him.  Just six weeks after the puppies were born (on his 9th birthday) we lost him to what was diagnosed postmortem as fast moving cancer.  So we took his son, Hero.  (Xabrina is Hero's  aunt, LOL) 

Yes, five dogs is a lot, and I DON"T recommend it.  Of course, as we say to each other, "so, which one you going to give back?"  LOL. 

We also have a turtle "Trudy"  aka "Turd" a box turtle we've had for 35 years.  And Fish.

We also lost Ernie, the African Grey Parrot this year, we had him for 35 years.  :(    We have been without a cat or cats for almost 2 years now, we had at least one cat since we've been married.  (35 years)

Yes, five dogs is a lot, and I DON"T recommend it.  Of course, as we say to each other, "so, which one you going to give back?"  LOL.

We have had as many as 4 dogs, 2 cats and 2 snakes as well as 2 aquariums going at one time. That was far too much. But over the years, all of those pets have passed away. We now have 2 dogs. Though lately, my wife has been mentioning maybe getting another dog. I guess 3 isn't much worse than 2.

We've got Gracie, a Bichon Frise / Lhasa Apso mix who is small and cute and getting old - she's 10 or 11 now. Then about 6 years ago we got Gita ... a shepherd mix of some sort - our vet thinks she's got some Shiba Inu in her. Can't really tell for sure. She was dumped out on our street just before Christmas. We spent some time trying to find an owner (talking to neighbors was how we figured out she'd been dumped). So we took her in. She's been great, if a little weird. Oh and Gita sheds ... none of our others ever have ... that's been a new experience.

My baby is a 12 year old poodle mix named Cricket. Named for the fact she jumps straight up  counter high to see what I have brought home. Cause ya never know when the bag might carry something for her.

We have 5 dogs.  1 Brown Newfy girl - Sammi, - will be 9 in October &  4 Saint Bernards; Xabrina - 7  Willow - 4 her brother Abel - 4 and Hero, 8 months. 

wow, and those are large dogs too!!

I grew up with newfoundlands, they are so wonderful, soft, warm, friendly, drooly, smelly and are impossible not to love.

I have a little tortoise cat (red, black and white), who sleeps in my bed every night. I don´t know how old she was when I got her, maybe 6-8 years old. She is old now and we force her to eat thyreotoxicosis medicine morning and night and that has saved her life.  Her name is Cinderella. Her brother and she fought so at the cat home, that they didn´t want us to have him, and when she missed him he had got a home. She must have had kittens sometime; she plays kittens with her toys every day and calls to them, and puts them by the water bowl to drink.

Then it is Ginny (Guinevere), a gray, big bouvier des flandres, 6 years, a shepherd dog, who likes to chase Cinderella sometimes, and says "Good morning" to her nose to nose every day. She is very sensitive and intelligent; a peacemaker.

I've always had animals. After the very lengthy illness of my dog Popcorn (he was a 16 and a rescue), I haven't had the heart to get another pup. But we still have two cats, Ms. Streak and her son Cloud. Both were feral cats that I've managed to move in doors. Streak was in pretty bad shape when I found her, starving with many abrasions and lacerations. But now she is a steadfast companion, and she watches over me like a guard dog! She will come and pat me with her paw at night when she thinks its time for me to go to bed, and again in the morning when its time to get up. No need for an alarm clock in my house! She is the one sitting in the zaisu chair in the photos. Cloud is the 14 pound tomcat stretched out in the recliner. :D

ReclinerKitty.jpg.fdb466bc9e668af101016bcdde26150b.jpg

ZaisuKitty.jpg.273d5a596417d887fed5e6fc5e1e79d6.jpg

Jema, I'm not sure I could bear parting with all that fuzzy sweetness either!

We have a goat freckles, the last of three

5 banty chickens, 4 hens, Angel, Sugerbear, and the littles, and one little rooster Peanut

2 abandoned puppy mill doxies, XingXing and Xavier

Newest to the group, 2 kittens, a torty called Ash, now 3 months old and Honcho, a bright orange tabby at 5 months.

They don't help me do my blog, in this manner

Honcho_and_Ash__lap_time.jpg.5c7538b38148fb03b1cd4c051f8e9ee5.jpg

We have a goat freckles, the last of three

5 banty chickens, 4 hens, Angel, Sugerbear, and the littles, and one little rooster Peanut

2 abandoned puppy mill doxies, XingXing and Xavier

Newest to the group, 2 kittens, a torty called Ash, now 3 months old and Honcho, a bright orange tabby at 5 months.

They don't help me do my blog, in this manner

My wife wants a goat! Come to that, I wouldn't mind it too much either ... just don't have much room. (Though if they can be house-trained ....)

Somewhere I have a photo of my dad when he was a kid, he's holding his pet banty rooster!

I´ve read about a fictional goat in "The Shepherds Crown" by Terry Pratchett and that goat was house-trained; he could use the out-door toilet the people used. He is the animal of a male witch/ peace-weaver

Apropos house-trained; My cat made her number one on my lenormand place mat today. :o She didn´t like the new cat-sand she got in her litter-box yesterday. I should have put it away; she likes that mat and constantly wants to lie on it. It is going to a chemist.

Jema, those kittens are adorable! All animals in this thread are, but kittens are still a bit more adorable.

I have five cats, all of them rescued by us because they came to our house or were already here (abandoned) when we moved here. Yes they do interfere with my deck buying! But I love them and can still buy the occasional deck to add to my large collection...

I am testing now if I can add a photo of Teigetje, the friendliest one (but jealous of other cats)

Teigetje4.jpg.24c7232882095c4b83264ab462e82c67.jpg

we went to a farm auction for our goats. Thinking three would keep out back acreage eat down.

Maybe 20 would have. 

The brown one is Freckles, and we think he was hand raised as a 4-H school project. He cried and cried every time we were out of sight.

Trinity and Indiana were field raised and not friendly at all. They got over it.

goats are social  creatures, I wouldn't recommend getting just one.

Ours are/were all whithers or neutered males. No trouble at all, they make neat little berries rather than cowpies, and don't smell like rams do. We've looked on Craigslist for an older goat so Freckles would have a friend, but no luck so far.

whithers live 15-18 years so  keep that in mind.

SharynsGoats.jpg.7cc2f3ca1b39e8c1861ba3cd7d09accc.jpg

Finally got around to getting a photo of Gita and Gracie. This was in 2011, about a month after we'd found Gita (the black & brown puppy), so she's about 3 or 4 months old here.

Gita-Gracie-sm.jpg.8229f96472196ad42ca7912f04cb49ef.jpg

I don't have a cat since I allergic to them but I do love cats. This is a cat who always wonder around the train station next to the hospital where I work. It is an attention seeker LOL! It approached me when I was taking photos, it is really friendly! It loves to sit in the middle of the road and the staircase even next to the train tracks!! Despite tens of thousands of people use the station everyday, it doesn't afraid people at all. I always meet it when I get to work in the morning and finish work in the evening. It always there (unless it rains or snow).  ;D

GXPJwMb.jpgChJH36m.jpg

I have more than one. First off is my little long-haired Chihuahua named Gypsy. She just turned 3 years old in June. She's my heart and brings me such joy. I don't know what I'd do without her.

Then there are my two parakeets, Stanley and Steven. They're a same sex couple. Steven is a slim, trim boy who sings and warbles beautifully. Stanley is a pudgy budgie who makes seagull noises. I only had Stanley when I first moved to Washington and I live where there are lots of seagulls so he just picked up "seagull" as his second language. He was a very grouchy bird till I got Steven to give him company and now he's much more agreeable.

This is a cat who always come to my garden. It is so friendly, always meow me (for food I suppose). It has 3 legs only, one of the back legs was removed due to an accident. But it could jump so high, but a bit slower than other cats.  :-* :-* :-*

kp1aGGK.jpg

Joey, the Jardine's parrot who is my avatar. He is 19, and I've had him since he was a baby. He's been very cuddly lately, and I like that. Sometimes he would rather play with his toys.

Well I realize I'm reviving an old thread here, but previously I didn't have anything to add...luckily for me now I do! My husband and I have recently become cat parents. Meet our cat, Merlin! We adopted him from the local shelter a couple of weeks ago. He was very shy but now seems to be a very happy kitty at home with us. We did find out he has severe gingivitis when we took him to the vet this week. So send us some good vibes that we can take care of that! We love having him in our family  ^-^

IMG_2870.JPG.8e1236c766ce771e21f7ea8a463bc6dc.JPG

IMG_2795.JPG.b1f2046818470d1ed9492299fbcb1e39.JPG

I am the proud mom of 2 Shih-Tzu  <3

I have had Lilli since she was a little 2lb ball of fur.  She is now 7 and the apple of my eye.  She is the brindle and white one in the picture below.  About 3 years ago we adopted a senior special needs Shih Tzu, Frankie.  He is the blond one sleeping in the pic below.  He is 13, deaf and has very poor eye sight, but when I look at him all I see is how perfect he is too and how glad I am that he can now life the life he was born to live.  One of unconditional love and total pampering  :D

Lilli.jpg.3b5e5c02e8dc42ce1a40f26b82250546.jpg

Frankie.jpg.18fc32e581f08c740657431e6b5c4af8.jpg