Cobweb

Tarot Podcasts?

Cobweb

Hello all! 

I am curious as to whether anyone listens to any tarot podcasts and/or can recommend any?

I have a lengthy-ish commute and podcasts work well for me so was wondering whether this might be a way of maximising my available tarot time!  :)

Flaxen

I like the Fortune’s Wheelhouse one - really in-depth discussion and about and hour long. Good for a long commute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rose Lalonde

Seconding Fortune's Wheelhouse! Symbolism in Thoth and RWS, one card per episode. So glad they're going through the entire deck.

It's by Susie Change and M.M. Meleen (creator of Tabula Mundi & Rosetta)

More info on this forum here. :)

DanielJUK

Donnaleigh de LaRose's Beyond Worlds is an absolute classic. When I joined AT, a lot of people learnt from her podcasts. She had a weekly radio show where she taught techniques and had great guests and then after the live show it became a podcast. I notice that it doesn't update often anymore (nothing new since 2016 :( ) but you can go through her archives.

A lot of AT folk used to have excellent podcasts, like Shade but notice a lot of them no longer update or are part of them. I saved lot's of them to keep up with them (not very successfully!).

Another popular one is Oracle Soup with Katrina Wynne and Gina Thies. Here is a list of all their episodes, it is still going and they have great deck artist and tarot writer guests

BiddyTarot also has a podcast here

Those podcasts can often be found in podcast software / itunes indexs, just search for their name to find them in there

Cobweb

Thanks very much for the suggestions, everyone.  I'm going to check them out and will hopefully find something to while away my journey.  :)

EmpyreanKnight

Seconding Fortune's Wheelhouse! Symbolism in Thoth and RWS, one card per episode. So glad they're going through the entire deck.

It's by Susie Change and M.M. Meleen (creator of Tabula Mundi & Rosetta)

More info on this forum here. :)

This one is serioisly good, especially if you're into the more esoteric aspects of the Tarot. They've already finished the Majors and they're almost halfway through the Minors now.

Petalene

I’ve been listening to Biddy Tarot podcast for over a year now and I’ve listened to all of the episodes. Her accent is lovely and I’ve learned so much, especially about intutivly reading the cards. I’ve listened to some of Beyond Worlds, kind of bouncing around depending on what topic I’m interested in. There’s enough that’s not for me that listening straight through is not something I’m currently interested in.

Not so crazy about The Tarot Lady, I’ve listened to several where the topic interests me. It’s okay, but not fascinating. I did like the episodes on reading decks with unilistrated pips and I’ll occasionally listens to her individual card episodes if I’m stuck on a specific one. I’ve tried a few other podcasts and nothing noteworthy, except the lady who pronounces tarot to rhyme with carrot and I had to stop listening because it was making me cringe every time.

I listened to the first episode of Fortune’s Wheelhouse list night and I loved it. I’ll deffinately be listening to more.

Having fun trying some out and let us know what you like.

Cobweb

Thought I'd update to say that I'm enjoying the Biddy Tarot podcast.

I've tried Fortune's Wheelhouse but (very much to my surprise) have not clicked with it.  I may persevere as I'm sure (given the recommendations!) that it's me and not the podcast at fault!  (I think it may be too intense for commute as I don't have a good visual memory so struggle to recall the details of a card that's not immediately in front of me.)

I may try Beyond Worlds next!

Catspur

I gave Fortune's Wheelhouse a gander last night, picking the episode on the King of Wands.

Do all of their episodes take that intellectual an approach to reading the cards?  Different strokes for different folks, and all, but if they're always going to spending that much time focused on arcane bits of astrological interpretation, it's not the podcast for me.

Rose Lalonde
Do all of their episodes take that intellectual an approach to reading the cards?  Different strokes for different folks, and all, but if they're always going to spending that much time focused on arcane bits of astrological interpretation, it's not the podcast for me.

Yes, more of the same. They're all about the symbols on the cards, why they're there, and they talk about the astrology Waite and Crowley referenced to create them. And alchemy. And hermetic Qabalah. And Waite's Grail symbolism... Yeah, if you didn't like one episode, I don't think you'll like the rest. As you said, different strokes!

Catspur

Thanks. Definitely not for me, then!

libra

I adored Tarot for the Wild Soul, but she just announced a hiatus :(

DarkeyedRaven48

Donnaleigh de LaRose's Beyond Worlds is an absolute classic. When I joined AT, a lot of people learnt from her podcasts. She had a weekly radio show where she taught techniques and had great guests and then after the live show it became a podcast. I notice that it doesn't update often anymore (nothing new since 2016 :( ) but you can go through her archives.

A lot of AT folk used to have excellent podcasts, like Shade but notice a lot of them no longer update or are part of them. I saved lot's of them to keep up with them (not very successfully!).

Another popular one is Oracle Soup with Katrina Wynne and Gina Thies. Here is a list of all their episodes, it is still going and they have great deck artist and tarot writer guests

BiddyTarot also has a podcast here

Those podcasts can often be found in podcast software / itunes indexs, just search for their name to find them in there

I’m gonna check that out!

Emilija

iTunes hs podcasts called Tarot Bytes by Theresa Reed. I believe they're free.

DarkeyedRaven48

iTunes hs podcasts called Tarot Bytes by Theresa Reed. I believe they're free.

Cool

Swift

I haven't listened to any of these, but like other stuff the people involved have done, so here goes:

The Witch Wave has several episodes on tarot: https://podtail.com/sv/podcast/the-witch-wave/

Open Magic is hosted by a tarot reader: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/open-magic

Tarot for the wild soul is all about tarot: https://wildsoulpodcast.com/blog

Hope there is something for you to enjoy there.

queenofwans

The one I listen to every week is Wildly Tarot Podcast (formerly Holistic Tarot Agency). They have two types of episodes: one, where they will just chat about tarot, answer tarot questions, and do deck reviews (which have definitely enabled some purchases), and two, short snippets on each tarot card. Their show is super fun, and I follow both ladies on Instagram.

DarkeyedRaven48

I haven't listened to any of these, but like other stuff the people involved have done, so here goes:

The Witch Wave has several episodes on tarot: https://podtail.com/sv/podcast/the-witch-wave/

Open Magic is hosted by a tarot reader: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/open-magic

Tarot for the wild soul is all about tarot: https://wildsoulpodcast.com/blog

Hope there is something for you to enjoy there.

Yes I like witch wave, I’m gonna check out wild soul podcast

Petra

I really like tarot bytes, too! There’s also a really interesting one called Myth Tarot Love. It’s hosted by a tarot reader and a classicist, and together they offer interpretations of the cards coupled with stories from Greco-Roman mythology that might have resonance with a particular card. It’s on Apple and Sound Cloud. Here is the sound cloud link: https://m.soundcloud.com/user-918168961

teomat

Finally got through all the Fortune's Wheelhouse episodes. It's a great podcast - informative and very funny at times, but their decision to equate the RWS Kings with the Thoth Knights (and thus the RWS Knights with the Thoth Princes) had me banging my head against a wall!

Other than that, it's an enjoyable ride through all the cards. Hope they produce further episodes soon.

Hedera
7 hours ago, teomat said:

Finally got through all the Fortune's Wheelhouse episodes. It's a great podcast - informative and very funny at times, but their decision to equate the RWS Kings with the Thoth Knights (and thus the RWS Knights with the Thoth Princes) had me banging my head against a wall!

Me too!

There were several other instances where I really disagreed with them, but that one drove me nuts...

Hedera

I don't think the Amateur Tarot Podcast has been mentioned yet?

It's pretty much the opposite of Fortune's Wheelhouse. 😉

Two guys, complete tarot newbies (at least, they were when they started) pull cards from a deck in response to a question and attempt, often using book meanings, to make sense of them.

They use (and review) all sorts of different decks, from classic to very new ones.

It's very chatty and a bit rambly, but good to listen to when I can't pay complete attention.

Dusty White has a podcast too, Easy Tarot Lessons.

Tarot Visions is another good one!

Talks about cards & decks, pretty knowledgeable hosts but they don't take themselves (or tarot) *too* seriously.

I love their intro & outtro music; I've searched for an email address to ask them what it is, but couldn't find one.

One of the hosts, Jaymi Elford, has just published a book (Tarot Inspired Life) that I'm in the middle of reading.

Oh, and The Hermit's Lamp is not 100% percent tarot, but most episodes are very taroty.

Interviews with Barbara Moore, Robert Place, Rachel Pollack etc etc etc

MonicaBee

I love podcasts of all stripes!

I've been enjoying Strange Magic. The episodes are short but fairly dense, and they have been moving through the majors in order (I think I'm caught up, and that they are up to the Hanged One). Queer/feminist perspective at its heart, but accessible and likely interesting to many.

I miss the Menage a Tarot podcast. It was a sort of casual conversation between three interesting folks who loved/played/worked with tarot. If you haven't heard it you might appreciate the episodes, but they haven't done any new ones for a few years.