Saturn Celeste

Song of the Day

Song of the Day threads are fun!  Share with us, one song per day.  When people share more than one song, sometimes they don't get listened to and this is a thread about sharing and listening to each other's choices!  So, what are you listening to?

My musical taste is all over the place from Industrial to bluegrass.  This song falls in the middle of those 2 extremes.

Alex Clare - Too Close

I'm kind of obsessed with this silly song, which is Africa by Toto made using the soundfont of Donkey Kong Country for the SNES  :))

Hahaha!  That is hysterical!  Sing it monkey!  ^-^

I just spotted the new ROFL icon. Highly appropriate here, I think.  X-D  X-D  X-D.

If anyone here stans Take Me To Church, you should probably listen to Dermot Kennedy. Here's Glory, for your glorious ears.

That Alice Merton tune was very well put together. Continuing the roots theme but going from 143,000,000 views to 1,300 we have Don't Take Roots by Faust. Serious warning though - the video looks like it could induce epilepsy.

That was good modern pop music, happy days in the US :party:.

Some ancient German ambient from Deuter's Aum album with the sounds of bubbling water, distant birdsong and sitar 8).

I LOVE this thread. It's got me listening to music I wouldn't have come across on my own. <3

I'm dragging this morning and need some encouragement, so here's Andra Day's "Rise Up:"

Oh I love that song!!  <3

That was good modern pop music, happy days in the US :party:.

Some ancient German ambient from Deuter's Aum album with the sounds of bubbling water, distant birdsong and sitar 8).

I liked it!  And now a song that really makes me smile!

Jai Ganesh

A very different vocal style but yes a much happier sound than Western religious music.

For example God is God by Laibach

>:D.

Yes it gives me a good idea of the feelings over there :(.

For those wishing to escape the planet, 2000 Light Years from Home by the Rolling Stones (warning dangerously flickering psychedelic video) -