Song of the Day

Saturn Celeste

and_it_spoke

As well it should. 😁 More of that NOLA Indian influence.

That sounds like it was a great show. 1000% jealous.

1 hour ago, and_it_spoke said:

As well it should. 😁 More of that NOLA Indian influence.

A really good classical astrologer told me once that I would do well living in NOLA.
I don't have the means to move there, but I think they're correct. It's me AF. 😁
It was always the music that drew me back to Texas and held me here. But Austin isn't what it once was. The rents and property taxes are insane. People have left in droves. Doug, Roky, both gone to the great beyond. Shandon moved to Amsterdam and he's happier than a pig in **** - I don't blame him, it's a gorgeous city and it's FUN. 
But I think I'm more of a NOLA type. Plenty of music there, and history and cultures...

That sounds like it was a great show. 1000% jealous.

I forgot to mention, the guy who comes out and plays harmonica is Roky's kid, Jegar. He's another really nice guy - his whole facebook is about his kid Julian. Julian wanted the scariest yard ever for Halloween, so they did it up in classic Erickson style. Julian wanted a Nightmare Before Christmas breakfast, so the eggs over easy looked like Jack Skellington. One of those rare dads who's really into it. 

One more of my favorite Texans and I'll stop. Maybe. (Possibly NSFW)

and_it_spoke

YEAH!!!!

You can keep on this kick all day as far as I'm concerned, @katrinka It's bringing all sorts of great music to mind. Like the fact that The Wife (note the capitals) and I used to sing this to our kiddos as a 'settle down' song. WE still break it out every so often. 🙂

Edited by and_it_spoke

I'm getting ready for work, where there's a girl who gets, ah, special treatment, and it occurs to me that our line boss is not the man Antonio, but something that controls Antonio. 🤣

George Clinton is a sage. 😁

On 10/21/2020 at 7:34 AM, and_it_spoke said:

YEAH!!!!

You can keep on this kick all day as far as I'm concerned, @katrinka It's bringing all sorts of great music to mind. Like the fact that The Wife (note the capitals) and I used to sing this to our kiddos as a 'settle down' dong. WE still break it out every so often.

PS I approve of this parenting style. 😁

and_it_spoke

All right, all... Pour yourself or prepare yourself your relaxing agent of choice, sit down and have a listen. You'll experience some turbulence, but I think you'll be happy once you've reached your destination.

Very. Good. Stuff. 
I approve, lol.

Now for a bone of contention. 99.999% of my friends loathe the Dead. (I was once backed against a wall by a guy screaming in my face "GRATEFUL DEAD SUCK!" And this because I was listening to Sugaree, and, as I later discovered, he was up to no good. I mean REALLY bad sh**, the kind that if I'd known, I'd have cut his throat in his sleep. So Sugaree was onto him, even if I wasn't. He's now doing 21 consecutive sentences. I'm not making that up. My life is weird AF.) And yeah - the Dead have their share of clinkers. But I love everything from Europe 72 and prior.

This was my first Dead album. I was too young for the 60's, damnit, so don't "OK boomer" me, lol. By the time I got old enough to go out and do stuff, a lot of it was over. I did see the Dead live, and it was great, but there was no big tub of electric kool aid, no Neal Cassady or Pranksters or any of that. I missed the glory years. 

But it's a great album. Even Lester Bangs liked it, and he normally hated the Dead. 😁

And the song referenced in my last post. Robert Hunter was a hella lyricist. Safe travels to him.

and_it_spoke

Ah, the Dead. Personally? Never liked 'em.  But they can be passable as background music and they are a lot of people's bag. So live and let live. And on that note... My main Dead issues are with the fans. Specifically the ones who:

1. Use their fandom in lieu of developing awfully formed worldview/personality; or

2. Upon finding out you don't like the Dead insist that you just haven't listened to enough of it. Then aggressively try to persuade you into abandoning everything for the pursuit of "getting" the Dead.

Every fandom has it's crazies, but I've had of the type above to last me a lifetime.

On 10/25/2020 at 7:09 AM, and_it_spoke said:

My main Dead issues are with the fans. Specifically the ones who:

1. Use their fandom in lieu of developing awfully formed worldview/personality; or

2. Upon finding out you don't like the Dead insist that you just haven't listened to enough of it. Then aggressively try to persuade you into abandoning everything for the pursuit of "getting" the Dead.

Every fandom has it's crazies, but I've had of the type above to last me a lifetime.

Yeah, I get that. They have near zero following where I live, so I never had people trying to ram them down my throat. When I lived in Mass, I knew a few but they were chill. And sane and functional. I guess that's why I can still enjoy them.

But there is a certain type in the western coastal and neighboring states, the "Got any free money I can have? No? I thought you were cool!" type. The culty people waiting for a Manson to show them the way. I've seen people literally skipping down a freeway ramp chanting "We're going to the gathering! We're going to the gathering!" (Rainbow gathering. 🤮) And the people who go to to these things try to pressure you into going with "Everybody HUGS EACH OTHER!" Ummmm...NOPE. Don't touch me if you know what's good for you. And a lot of them are the reason people hate us vegetarians, because when they see meat they start yelling things like "MY STOMACH IS NOT A GRAVEYARD!"  And yes. There is a good deal of overlap between them and the Deadheads out there.

Now I must scrub them from my brain with some good old Lemmy.

and_it_spoke

"Who would win in a fight between Lemmy and God? Trick question! LEMMY IS GOD!!!"

A friend of mine does Ace of Spades occasionally for karaoke... using only the words 'Ace of Spades' for the entirety of the song.

It's.... something. 🥴

Well, since it's close to the Greatest Holiday Of Them All (a.k.a. Halloween!) here's a groovy little tune that's invaded my headspace today.

Edited by and_it_spoke
Edited because I type like a baboon.

My velcro dog Finnegan was following me around today as usual:

00Finn.thumb.jpg.04c0d423562f2b9e9a244d2cf7b6ccec.jpg

And Moonshadow popped into my head and I was singing it to him. But never fear, I won't post that song. That's for people back in the 70's who were coming down off some stuff they don't even make the same way anymore.

So why not just post Comin' Down instead? COWPUNK FTW. 😁
(2011 is an excellent Pupps vintage. Totally free of Elmo and Ted.)

Now I need me some Lake of Fire:

I made that one too. They played very well, but it was SX so everybody was in a sh** mood. 
It was OK as SX goes, though. I saw the Hickoids, too. That was the last time I saw them with Davy. RIP. 🌽

00hickoids.jpg.9841f33c8dc40f1d5f02f5fe241304f8.jpg

@Decan, Parov Stelar is being beamed to the Mrs. right now. That is so up her alley. Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome!

It's what I was listening lately, and there are many tracks that I appreciate. One more, and then something else because you guys are going to be fed up with Parov Stelar, lol 😁

Edited by Decan
and_it_spoke

If you were to try and build a musical bridge between 'It's In His Kiss (The Shoop Shoop Song)' by Betty Everett and 'You Outta Know' by Alanis Morissette, I think this would be a very good starting point.

ImaginaryFriend

Happy birthday to the lead singer of the Greatest Band Ever.  Here's one of his solo songs :

Edited by ImaginaryFriend