Song of the Day

Saturn Celeste

I would like to dedicate this to my half-feral 11 yr old little Sheba cat.  She's dropped  alot weight and stopped eating today, after unloading her last meal onto the floor last night.  We woke up to pouring rain the Am ??  and she wanted to go out in it,  She insisted, and last i saw her she was heading to the rear of ht large backyard.  Now I can't locate her anywhere.... She's small and black.  I know she might not return.  Maybe.  I pulled some cards asking where she is.

35 Key + 5 Tree + 15 Bear and I think I know what they are saying.  At least that's my prediction.  I added the # up and they're 55 =10 Scythe = 1 Rider. Umm hmm...

With a candle and incense lit for her, I stumbled across Rider in the Rain

I love you Sheba-cakes  🙏

@MuninnMissinHuginn @Onibaba I guess the Rider was right.  She ambled back here @ 3AM.  I was up and brought in her soaking wet self.  She's lying on the bathroom floor holding on, but won't take in anything.  Well, at least she's home, w Mama and her family.  Thank you for the CARE.

Medicine

Edited by bastetly

@bastetly Glad Sheba has returned home and you are no longer wondering about her state. 

I read somewhere that Roberta Flack thought about her cat when recording this song. 

Edited by Onibaba

@Onibaba her cat?  Wow that is a revelation.  It's also such a beautiful song that I will add it to the soft music I am playing near where Sheba is resting 🥰  :dancing-cat:

Thanks so much @Credenza 💞 🐈‍⬛   Lil gurl needs all the help... the Vet is closed today (of course!  🩺 Weekends are always when stuff goes wrong  🤢)

katrinka

I hope your Sheba rallies, @bastetly. Sometimes medication can help the old ones bounce back. Get her to a vet if you can.

This is not a frozen moment from the 60's preserved on film like something in a pickling jar. This is not just Vietnam, or the American Revolution, or any specific war. This is where we are living, this is mass shootings and COVID and murder by cop but it affirms something too, a kind of beauty behind life that I can't really tap into but Jimi could, and he gives us that. This is where we are NOW. I wish I had the words to express what this is. The best I can do is that this is Jimi outside of time itself, seeing EVERYTHING.

katrinka
On 9/22/2021 at 9:03 AM, and_it_spoke said:

Found a copy of 'The Evil One' on vinyl last weekend. Sooooo... here we are. 🙂

OMG, lucky you!
That's one of my favorites.
So good it rates posting another splendid version. Only Roky would give demons instead of flowers, lol. But no worries, they're lovely demons. 😁

katrinka
On 9/25/2021 at 10:40 AM, and_it_spoke said:

Surely as a result of @Onibaba's (I absolutely love that movie, BTW) disco-tastic contribution:

WOW. Hardly anyone remembers Arthur Brown, and more's the shame. This stuff was great.

On 9/19/2021 at 1:35 PM, Onibaba said:

@bastetly Glad Sheba has returned home and you are no longer wondering about her state. 

I read somewhere that Roberta Flack thought about her cat when recording this song. 

I always adored this song, but I puzzled over bits of it for years until I read that Debbie Harry wrote it about her kitty. Then it all fell into place.

And the French version is even prettier. 💖 @Decan - how is her french? It sounds simply elegant to my ears but I'm American and horribly ignorant in these matters. If it's bad just say so, I won't be offended and I'll always enjoy this version!

bastetly
1 hour ago, katrinka said:

I hope your Sheba rallies, @bastetly. Sometimes medication can help the old ones bounce back. Get her to a vet if you can.

This is not a frozen moment from the 60's preserved on film like something in a pickling jar. This is not just Vietnam, or the American Revolution, or any specific war. This is where we are living, this is mass shootings and COVID and murder by cop but it affirms something too, a kind of beauty behind life that I can't really tap into but Jimi could, and he gives us that. This is where we are NOW. I wish I had the words to express what this is. The best I can do is that this is Jimi outside of time itself, seeing EVERYTHING.

Yes, thank you @katrinka but she went fast.  Vet wasn't of much help in this particular matter.  First time he has ever dropped the ball w us, but that office is so overbooked I'm gonna really have to stay on top moving forward.

We all Love YOU Jimi 💝  wiping the tears fm my eyes... Music can bring people together when nothing else can.  I think this musical expression is a prayer in honor of ALL the lives lost in a war in which he served, and a plea for Wisdom to direct us.   Let it be so.  That's what it says to me.

katrinka
24 minutes ago, bastetly said:

Yes, thank you @katrinka but she went fast.  Vet wasn't of much help in this particular matter.  First time he has ever dropped the ball w us, but that office is so overbooked I'm gonna really have to stay on top moving forward.

I'm sorry to hear that. * hugs *

24 minutes ago, bastetly said:

We all Love YOU Jimi 💝  wiping the tears fm my eyes... Music can bring people together when nothing else can.  I think this musical expression is a prayer in honor of ALL the lives lost in a war in which he served, and a plea for Wisdom to direct us.   Let it be so.  That's what it says to me.

Great version.
This song gets me every time, both the Marvin Gaye original and this Los Lobos one. I've come close to busting out crying in public spaces more than a few times when either one comes on. I love this tune, but it's hard not to cry if you actually listen to it.

8 hours ago, katrinka said:

And the French version is even prettier. 💖 @Decan - how is her french? It sounds simply elegant to my ears but I'm American and horribly ignorant in these matters. If it's bad just say so, I won't be offended and I'll always enjoy this version!

I listened her and she has an accent, more for some words when she speaks more quickly because of the cadence of the song, but I can understand what she is saying, positive verdict 🙂

Edited by Decan

katrinka
23 minutes ago, Decan said:

I listened her and she has an accent, more for some words when she speaks more quickly because of the cadence of the song, but I can understand what she is saying, positive verdict 🙂

Thank you!
French is a lovely language to listen to, speaking it is great but singing it - even imperfectly - is even better.

She does this one in both french and english. It's a cover of a simple little pop song, the lyrics are almost vapid. But she repeats some of the lines in french and they sound very sophisticated and sexy to most of our american ears, even though she's saying the exact same thing as she does in the english parts, lol.

Lucky french speakers. 😁

Edited by katrinka

Two wonderful songs from two wonderful death-bed albums.

Rainer Ptacek - The Farm

Warren Zevon - Keep Me in Your Heart

Edited by devin