What tv shows are you currently watching?

DownUnderNZer

The Yin Yang Master, Invisible City and Firefly Lane. Netflix.

Just started watching all three - so yet to decide if they are any good or not.

Firefly Lane is similar to a few others in the way it goes from present to childhood like flash backs, but am not sure if it will be quite my kind of sitcom.

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer

CrimeScene - The Vanishing At The Cecil Hotel. Netflix.

I remember the story when this particular girl went missing whilst staying at it and was acting rather strangely in the lift, but it seems this hotel has a vast history going right back so time to check it out.

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer

Behind Her Eyes

Netflix

Not too bad, but am trying to get my head around a few things that are seemingly odd or shouldn't be the case.

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer

Ginny and Georgia (Netflix)

I quite like it although it would be better if the focus was more on an adult world rather than teenagers.

However, it is still good - especially when Georgia's past unfolds a bit more when her sister rocks up quite unexpectedly...

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer
On 2/23/2021 at 4:16 PM, DownUnderNZer said:

Behind Her Eyes

Netflix

Not too bad, but am trying to get my head around a few things that are seemingly odd or shouldn't be the case.

DND 🌞

Finally watched all of it!

Have to say I kind of wondered certain things at times (E.g. Murder) and what if this happened when they were doing out of body experiences.

Didn't quite guess the full extent of what was the true situation towards the twist at the end, but quite close.

DND 🌞

On 1/17/2021 at 7:46 AM, legendaryelement said:

rotating episodes equally each day:

Star Trek Next Generation

Star Trek Deep Space 9

SG-1 (Stargate)

Legendary,  please help me.

My best friend is an absolute  startrek fan, and continuously  wanting me to join his 'fun'... unfortunately,  I've  never seen an episode, of any star trek compilation.

Where do you start? Theres so many of them, they confuse me.

legendaryelement
1 hour ago, Tinkz said:

Legendary,  please help me.

My best friend is an absolute  startrek fan, and continuously  wanting me to join his 'fun'... unfortunately,  I've  never seen an episode, of any star trek compilation.

Where do you start? Theres so many of them, they confuse me.

Tinkz - I’m going to advise the order they were released/began airing.

Obviously, the very first (1966) was the William Shatner/Leonard Nimoy - but I don’t know who has streaming rights for that.

Star Trek: Next Generation (1987)

starring Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993)

starring Avery Brooks, Rene Auberjonois

Star Trek: Voyager (1995)

starring Kate Mulgrew, Robert Beltran

Star Trek: Enterprise (2001)

starring Scott Bakula, John Billingsley ~ this one actually jumps backward on the timeline to before the William Shatner series.

If you have the option, watch the pilot episode for each series set & see which cast group you feel most drawn to follow. Chat with your friend after that point.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls093105393

chronological order timeline

Edited by legendaryelement
5 hours ago, legendaryelement said:

Tinkz - I’m going to advise the order they were released/began airing.

Obviously, the very first (1966) was the William Shatner/Leonard Nimoy - but I don’t know who has streaming rights for that.

Star Trek: Next Generation (1987)

starring Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993)

starring Avery Brooks, Rene Auberjonois

Star Trek: Voyager (1995)

starring Kate Mulgrew, Robert Beltran

starring Scott Bakula, John Billingsley ~ this one actually jumps backward on the timeline to before the William Shatner series.

If you have the option, watch the pilot episode for each series set & see which cast group you feel most drawn to follow. Chat with your friend after that point.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls093105393

chronological order timeline

Thank you so much!

Im onto it

On 3/4/2021 at 1:59 AM, legendaryelement said:

starring Scott Bakula, John Billingsley ~ this one actually jumps backward on the timeline to before the William Shatner ser

Whatever you do, do NOT start with this one! It’s crap, it might put you off. No idea what they were thinking!!! I honestly can’t believe how they could follow up on Kirk, Picard and Janeway with this!!! Avoid at all cost!

also: Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Picard. Those are the newest ones and really good again. Discovery is stand alone and on a different timeline, might be the best to get into it. 

DownUnderNZer

Snow Piecer Netflix S2

Each week a new episode is released - so bit by bit. I liked the movie and season 1, also, S2 I suppose.

DND 🌞

On 3/5/2021 at 2:10 PM, Rupicapra said:

Whatever you do, do NOT start with this one! It’s crap, it might put you off. No idea what they were thinking!!! I honestly can’t believe how they could follow up on Kirk, Picard and Janeway with this!!!

Bakula seems to wiggle in on most scifi shows! :icon_rolleyes:

We haven't had TV for 15 or 20 years now...that said a friend recently gifted me with the entire series of West Wing. 

Loved the Martin Sheen character, but by the fourth disc of the first season we were bored out of our minds. Total soap opera. I'll put it up on Ebay shortly 🙂 I'm astounded this was voted (who voted I don't know, ratings?) one of the top 10 series of all time. 

49 minutes ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

We haven't had TV for 15 or 20 years now...that said a friend recently gifted me with the entire series of West Wing. 

We cut our cable a couple of years ago and I don't miss it at all.  We use Roku.  Unless you pay for premium channels you don't get the full TV experience with network shows but who cares!  I do have Netflix and Amazon Prime and YouTube!  lol  That's all I need!  As long as I have documentaries, I'm thrilled.  I re-watched the Drain the Ocean: Titanic episode this morning!

DownUnderNZer

Who killed Sara? Netflix.

Just started watching it and so far it is likeable.

Reminds me a bit of Prison Break only not sure where he would have got brilliant computer skills being inside a prison for 18 years. 

Other than that...

DND 🌞

DownUnderNZer

A new Korean series has started on Netflix with an actor I really liked from Goblin.  Of the main cast I liked four of them a lot as they were just simply fantastic. The dynamics and chemistry of the actors was well matched right down to the humour and serious moments.

Anyways...

The new one is: A Tale of the Nine Tailed (I think).

Crossing fingers it will be a another winner. So far, I've enjoyed the first few episodes...

DND 🌞

xuanxuan

I would love to start watching Game of Thrones. I never watched it before as I didn't really watch shows often, but these past couple months I've just been binging show after show and movie after movie.